• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

Zeus is so beautiful, total stud even. One of my favorite gods despite how easy he is to play.

And I dunno, I liked old Nu Wa better, but I never really play her.

Ho boy Nu Wa. I'm not usually one to say this, but they might have sexed her up a bit too much. I haven't read her lore though so maybe there's some justification. I do like the design though. Zeus looks great too. Not a major overhaul, but he didn't really need one anyway.

gogosox82

Thanks for the invite guys. I was having this issue with connecting into matches but I think I fixed it. I have to disable my firewall before loading up smite so everything should ok but lost all my favor b/c I couldn't connect which sucks.

Indignate

I'm totally fine with new Nu Wa.

I just need to know what they've done to her kit.

10431391_786463964707035_108542085352252012_o.jpg

Strazyplus

Strazyplus

Last night we had grouped up and did some matches together while using Curse a VOIP in SMITE.

heres the match details (images are linked to urls)

MATCH ONE
MATCH TWO
MATCH THREE

heres everyone who took part.
2014-07-31_0731.png

OsirisBlack

Banned
So far I am very pleased with the Gaf clan.. very friendly and helpful. Certainly makes me want to keep at the game.

I played a few games yesterday with the clan and had some serious fun. If any of the newer players are online and want to do a few matches or just get info about the Meta I am pretty much always on.

Anilusion

I played a few games yesterday with the clan and had some serious fun. If any of the newer players are online and want to do a few matches or just get info about the Meta I am pretty much always on.

I play this game so much right now, from I wake up untill I go to bed, sometimes with some Dota in between. I'm up for queueing together any time, and I just started playing so I'd love to get some insight from you experienced guys!

Dunlop

As someone who has never played a MOBA outside of quitting the tutorial in dota2..is it too late for me to play against other noobs?

Skinpop

I'm totally fine with new Nu Wa.

I just need to know what they've done to her kit.

10431391_786463964707035_108542085352252012_o.jpg

I don't play smite.. but Nu Wa is a chinese godess and this looks like some kind of white washed pocahontas. very weak character design.. makes me puke in my mouth a little

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
I don't play smite.. but Nu Wa is a chinese godess and this looks like some kind of white washed pocahontas. very weak character design.. makes me puke in my mouth a little

and its odd that the design choices came from tencent i thought she looked more chinese before the remodel but what can you do although i think if they changed the cloth color it would help a bit the color it is right now makes it look like leather giving her a indian look

OsirisBlack

Banned
I play this game so much right now, from I wake up untill I go to bed, sometimes with some Dota in between. I'm up for queueing together any time, and I just started playing so I'd love to get some insight from you experienced guys!

Im on smite now if you want to play around a bit Osirisblack is my smite handle also ....

For anyone who is interested they are showing the new Nu Wa today on stream at 4pm Est.

WOW @ Nu Wa lol. Dat underboob tho.

But seriously she looks less Chinese than she did before. Very odd redesign. I don't dislike it, but it's just odd.

Skinpop

I'm not saying it does.

I'm asking about the Pocahontas thing specifically.

Are people implying that her face resembles Pocahontas?

its the combination of colors, braids and her face. she doesn't look chinese so my first impression was a caucasian pocahonty type character.

Indignate

WOW @ Nu Wa lol. Dat underboob tho.

It's nothing worse than the amount of side boob her previous model showed.

i think its the beads along with the color of the cloth although no one has said anything about that

its the combination of colors, braids and her face. she doesn't look chinese so my first impression was a caucasian pocahonty type character.

Feels like simplifications of Pocahontas at this point. I don't even recall her being associated with wearing beads much and her hair has either been black and flowing or braided long in the front, but maybe that's all just me.

I'm not really defending the remodel or anything, just kind of disappointed that some people immediately pointed at and it said "white pocahontas."

God, I'm addicted at this game again.

More exactly, at playing Siege with cheesy gods for the mode like Nu Wa, Rama or Ao. :p 69% win rate in the mode already.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I don't mind New Wa as much as others seem to, but I kinda wish she had some different colors. Now she sorta feels too similar to the Egyptian goddesses in the game. It's w/e though.

Really curious to see what they'll do with her kit.

KePoW

Banned
I heard about this game a while ago, but have never played it. Does anyone know if this game is better than LoL or Dota2 ???

Indignate

Why does the left picture have a tail, why did they give her legs when she doesn't have legs.... also the model just looks ugly to me as the out of place scales on her shoulders and thighs.

She...does have legs.

Have you never played her or seen her be played? Snake tail is a passive thing. Her recolor card has it predominantly displayed.

T_NuWa_Skin1_Card.png

I heard about this game a while ago, but have never played it. Does anyone know if this game is better than LoL or Dota2 ???

You're such a troll.

Indignate

But I have never played Smite before, that is the truth. I've played some LoL and Dota2 before though

Whether one of those games is better than the other is obviously highly subjective.

Smtie is, however, quite different from the two and really most other MOBAs if only due to it's prospective.

Even if you didn't like the game style of those other two, you should still check out Smite. There are a couple modes that ignore the traditional game types with stuff like Arena, which might as well just be a deathmatch of sorts.

The game is F2P just download it and try it? The game plays different from DOTA/LoL like others have said. Some people like it over those, some people don't, and some people like all these games for different reasons. You won't know if you like it until you actually try it.

FWIW: I'm a newbie to the genre and I enjoyed learning this game MUCH MUCH more than DOTA2. In fact I don't think I'll ever go back to DOTA, this one is just too much fun.

K.Sabot

I started this earlier in the week, very addictive and surprisingly fun.

Ya'll peeps should add me at KSabot, this game seems like it'd be more fun when you have someone to set up big abilities with.

^ Smite has a much, much easier learning curve than Dota 2, that's for sure. I'm glad I started with Smite as my first MOBA. WASD controls are way easier to jump into than Dota's weird RTS-esque controls, especially if you're like me and you never played RTS games. And I've been saying this for nearly 2 years now — Dota 2 really needs to add a shorter game mode like Smite's Arena. Dota 2 matches can last up to an hour or more... casual players like me often do not have that kind of time to dedicate. Arena matches last like 15-20 mins, which is perfect. Any longer than that and I risk having to abandon due to real life stuff.

I say all that as a big fan of Dota 2 btw. It's probably the best MOBA out there, but Smite is superior in its treatment of casual players like me, so I play a lot more Smite than Dota 2.

K.Sabot

So I played a shit ton of Nu Wa since I started and I'm watching this stream of her remake...

No.

This is not ballin.

She seems like she has the same kit as everyone else now.

Gonna miss the pure scumbag splitpush.

KePoW

Banned
Whether one of those games is better than the other is obviously highly subjective.

Smtie is, however, quite different from the two and really most other MOBAs if only due to it's prospective.

Even if you didn't like the game style of those other two, you should still check out Smite. There are a couple modes that ignore the traditional game types with stuff like Arena, which might as well just be a deathmatch of sorts.

I've played almost 2000 hours of Dota 2 and now I can't stop playing Smite. It's just too much fun!

Got it!

Personally I hate Dota2. I did like LoL quite a bit and HotS alpha. The different perspective in Smite seems krazy, but interesting

K.Sabot

Yeah I came from too many hours between two accounts of Dota 2 and I've been sucked into the vortex, just hope they don't funsize weird strats like they apparently tried to with Nu Wa >_>

U2NUMB

Well I guess I am committed... bought the ultimate god pack off amazon... what a great deal that is compared to other MOBA's...

Looking forward to learning all the ins and outs of this game and so far loving the Gaf community attached to it.

Indignate

Well I guess I am committed... bought the ultimate god pack off amazon... what a great deal that is compared to other MOBA's...

Looking forward to learning all the ins and outs of this game and so far loving the Gaf community attached to it.

Why wouldn't you buy it off them directly?

Unless you had Amazon credit, I guess.

Top Bottom