• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
I've noticed I'm being put into matches with more and more people in the mid20s or even lv30s even though I'm level 17.

Is this based on the elo (or whatever the equivalent is at lower levels) or is it just random?

used to be brackets (level 0-10, 11-20, 20-29, 30) how it is now i think its a mix of elo and some other behind the scene factors ive noticed while smurfing if you start getting on a big win streaks it will match you up so you have really bad odds of winning then it will go back to giving you matches that you will win to try and give you a 50/50 win loss ratio

Aaron

Love Medusa. Shame I only play assault, and have to settle for the random. Don't really enjoy the other modes though.

used to be brackets (level 0-10, 11-20, 20-29, 30) how it is now i think its a mix of elo and some other behind the scene factors ive noticed while smurfing if you start getting on a big win streaks it will match you up so you have really bad odds of winning then it will go back to giving you matches that you will win to try and give you a 50/50 win loss ratio

I've had a recent good run of Assualt (6 wins in a row) which has pushed my elo over 1500 so that's probably part of the reason. From the sound of it the old system sounds more fair though.

Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I gave up with Siege and Joust left to go. I'm just burned out from losing.

My only solace is that sometimes the enemy team manages to be worse, or we get some super pro on the team who can carry the entire thing.

Honestly if you keep losing just close Smite, listen to some music or do something fun, and then come back later.

Lol you know the other team sucks balls when your team is 0-7 after 15 minutes but somehow manages to turn the whole thing around. The other team just never bothered doing gold fury, or fire giant. Or place any wards. Granted nobody on my team placed except me and the jungler. But 14 (me) + 8 (jungler) is more than 0. And made a difference.

How did you get 919 GPM....

That's the player experience page, I think that's an average of everytime I've played that God in that mode.

The last time I played Chang'e we dropped their Titan in five minutes and I went 5-0 with a bunch of assists so that may be affecting the average.

If you go to the match stats page it says I was getting 507 GPM.

I did really terrible in this game. I was too aggressive early on and died a bunch. Then I decided to just sit back and concentrate on healing and minions.

Been playing on Xbox a lot more and feel like I have the hang of it. Still a little wonky aiming targeters like Thor's ult or Ra's heal, but otherwise it's really fun. I'm just ready to have my account copy over so I can unlock everything I already own lol.

Anyone know what the update schedule is supposed to be like there? It doesn't have Medusa yet and I'm hoping we get Siege and Assault sometime soon.

Been playing on Xbox a lot more and feel like I have the hang of it. Still a little wonky aiming targeters like Thor's ult or Ra's heal, but otherwise it's really fun. I'm just ready to have my account copy over so I can unlock everything I already own lol.

Anyone know what the update schedule is supposed to be like there? It doesn't have Medusa yet and I'm hoping we get Siege and Assault sometime soon.

Their goal is one month behind the PC version.

Special C

I'm interested to know how to copy is going to work. I have the Ultimate God pack on PC but that's all I ever unlocked. I have way more Favor and Gems on Xbox. Hopefully I can just transfer the Ultimate God pack and keep the favor and gems I have on Xbox.

I think you can transfer over what you have from PC to Xboe once and then it treats them both as different accounts from that point forward.

This skin sale is so good. I bought Bastets tactical skin, Madam Blade for Serqet, Scarlet Coven for Isis and a bunch of recolors.

Enordash

I'm interested to know how to copy is going to work. I have the Ultimate God pack on PC but that's all I ever unlocked. I have way more Favor and Gems on Xbox. Hopefully I can just transfer the Ultimate God pack and keep the favor and gems I have on Xbox.

Part of me would like to see a common account that goes across both platforms in sync, but I suppose I can see where splitting them is a good idea. I'm sure some people will excel with one control type over another.

I've tried the Xbox version a couple of times and it just feels clunky. I would have thought the One would have no problem pushing high FPS in a game like this.

Their goal is one month behind the PC version.

Cool. Thanks!

I imagine the PC version will overwrite whatever you have on console. I'm just speculating though. It would be great if they could somehow merge everything you've earned in both.

I swear the matchmaking in this game is intent on having me lose...

Also Bellona definitely needs a nerf, it takes some special play to beat her (or a really bad Bellona player).

I swear the matchmaking in this game is intent on having me lose...

Also Bellona definitely needs a nerf, it takes some special play to beat her (or a really bad Bellona player).

My favorite is how if you can get a little bit ahead you can use her 1 + attack speed to just bash someone to death and build up block stacks faster than they can attack you.

My favorite is how if you can get a little bit ahead you can use her 1 + attack speed to just bash someone to death and build up block stacks faster than they can attack you.

I never built her with attack speed, I usually go health and cdr (ult all day).

The 1/attack speed thing sounds like it would be a pain to play against though, I may have to try it.

I never built her with attack speed, I usually go health and cdr (ult all day).

The 1/attack speed thing sounds like it would be a pain to play against though, I may have to try it.

Her most popular build for League Conquest can be seen here: http://smite.guru/gods/i/2047

It is really effective. Her 3 and her 1 both benefit greatly from attack speed. Her 1 with attack speed just ruins any auto attack reliant God. You will build block faster than they can deal damage to you, especially if you can get in a Disarm before the engage.

I very much recommend it. I've found her tanky enough without having to invest in all tanky items (usually just the anti-slow cape thing is enough). CDR sounds enticing but I dont switch stances too much in a fight, and her ult is so low cooldown already that I wouldn't trade attack speed just to use it slightly earlier.

I haven't actually run her in conquest yet just arena and assault but I'll give attacks speed a go when I use her in conquest.

Indignate said above that she's good in solo so next time I'm there (I seem to be getting the jungle role a lot recently) I'll run her.

I haven't actually run her in conquest yet just arena and assault but I'll give attacks speed a go when I use her in conquest.

Indignate said above that she's good in solo so next time I'm there (I seem to be getting the jungle role a lot recently) I'll run her.

I think Bellona can actually pull of Jungle if need be especially because of her 2 and 3, but yeah she wins solo lane EZ.

I think Bellona can actually pull of Jungle if need be especially because of her 2 and 3, but yeah she wins solo lane EZ.

I've been using Thor in the jungle as he's quite safe as a jungle pick. I hovered over Thanatos in one game but one of my team questioned it. Not in a harsh way but it still made me go back to Thor.

If I get jungle tomorrow I'll probably give Hun Batz a go. Maybe Serqet but I haven't had a lot of luck playing her in other game modes so far.

Didn't Bellona already get hit hard with the nerf hammer?

Aw yiss. I haven't gotten to play much these last few months, so it felt really good when I hopped on the other night and my team crushed. They were a bunch of goofballs too; it's always nice to play with people who act like human beings instead of the evil cave-dwellers that I seem to get paired with all too often.

Indignate

Didn't Bellona already get hit hard with the nerf hammer?

Aw yiss. I haven't gotten to play much these last few months, so it felt really good when I hopped on the other night and my team crushed. They were a bunch of goofballs too; it's always nice to play with people who act like human beings instead of the evil cave-dwellers that I seem to get paired with all too often.

She did, yet is still considered to be S+ tier by pretty much everyone. She's still insanely good. Its just that now she isn't soloing Fire Giant at level 10 like she was pre-nerf.

Which shows how broken she used to be if she's still considered overpowered.

What was said earlier, about building block faster than they can hit you, before she could do the same thing with her 1 and lifesteal faster than she could get busted down.

You could even lifesteal off towers which was insane.

Just had two really memorable conquest matches.

One was my first ever evenly matched game, I was Thor jungle and it was neck and neck all the way. At the end it was back and forth between phoenixes until we managed to break through.

The other one shouldn't have worked. Bellona and Apollo were both in the solo lane, Hel in mid and a jungle Hades.

I ended up running the duo lane solo as Athena.

The Hades was terrible, 5 levels below everyone else and then he left when he hit lv7. I was ready for a lose 5mins in but they could not stop the Apollo or Bellona.

4v5 with everyone out of position but somehow we won.

A little official info on PC to Xbox account copying:

Q: What will be copied to my Xbox account?
A: Everything but your gems

Q:Will my Godpack copy as well?
A:Yes

Q:When will the copy be available?
A:Sometime During Closed Beta.
http://forums.smitegame.com/showthread.php?64122-PC-to-Xbox-One-account-copy-FAQ

Also a Vine preview of VGS on Xbox: https://twitter.com/schisam/status/588799453856931843

Vine preview of "Call a Role" feature: https://twitter.com/schisam/status/588842394277273601

Indignate

They posted this in instagram. Said they would post more stuff if they get more yada yada yada you know how this works.

11137807_1578666642411639_70689824_n.jpg

They posted this in instagram. Said they would post more stuff if they get more yada yada yada you know how this works.

Some people are assuming Celtic pantheon or even a Instagram skin similar to the Youtube one etc. I don't put much weight on the skin idea.

Yeah it did sound like that i just assumed maybe he meant test server unless they are just gonna drop him on us.

I'm assuming that they've never put a new God on live with no test server time? It would be strange they would change if that is the case.

Top Bottom