• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
medusa card
CAyaSVjWoAAD05l.jpg

WRITTEN IN STONE patch notes

New God - Medusa
Sidewinder - Passive
Medusa suffers no movement penalty when side strafing and half of the movement penalty when moving backward.
Viper Shot
Medusa shoots out 3 vipers in rapid succession that poisons the targets hit dealing 10/18/26/34/42 (+30% of your Physical Power) as damage every 0.5s for 1.5s. Cooldown 10s. Cost: 40/45/50/55/60.
Acid Spray
Medusa hurls back and spits out a ball of acid deals 120/180/240/300/360 (+70% of your Physical Power) as damage and slows the attack speed of the first target hit by 20/25/30/35/40% for 3s and sprays out acid in a cone behind them dealing 75% of the damage to every enemy hit. Cooldown 14s. Cost 70/75/80/85/90.
Lacerate
Medusa quickly slithers forward grabbing and slashing the first enemy she gets to dealing 120/150/180/210/240 (+80% of your Physical Power) as damage. The slash leaves the enemy reeling in pain, reducing their healing by 10/20/30/40/50% for 3s. Cooldown 15s. Cost 85.
Petrify
Medusa removes her mask revealing her true face, delivering a powerful blast from her horrifying Gorgan gaze. Enemies Take 300/400/500/600/700 (+100% of your Physical Power) as damage and are stunned for 2s if they are looking at Medusa. Enemies not looking at medusa take half damage and are slowed by 50% for 3s. Enemy gods that are killed by Medusa’s gaze will turn into a stone statue and remain behind as a reminder to others. Cooldown 110/100/90/80/70. Cost 100.

New God Skins
Athena Liberté
Medusa Black Gorgon
Thor Wrath of Valhalla
Vulcan Warforged
Vamana Cangeraceiro

New Voice Packs
Athena Liberté
Medusa
Vamana Cangeraceiro

New Ward Skins and Player Icons
Box Cat Ward
Medusa Player icon

Updated Cards
Chaac Standard
Neith Standard

Clan System
“With this patch we are starting an overhaul of the Clan system. Players in clans will now earn Honor, and clans will level up over time (outlined below). This is the first stage of the clan implementation, as we wanted players and clans to start earning Honor as soon as possible. In a future patch there will be achievements for players earning honor, as well as special unlocks for clans leveling.”

Joining Clans
“Open Joining” is now supported. Clans set to this join status will auto-accept any invitation request.

“Allows Application” is now supported. Clans set to this join status accept applications from players, but those applications must be approved.
“Invite Only” is now supported. Clans set to this join status can only acquire new members through direct application.

Searching Clans
There is a new system for searching clans that supports system “Recommended Clans” as a default option.

Clan Member Limits
Clans now start limited at 30 members, and gain the ability to add more members as they level.
Clans currently in the system are “Grandfathered” and can stay over the member maximum, but cannot add new members until there is space available.

Leaving Clans
A member must leave their current clan before applying to another.
A member leaving a clan retains all Honor Points they earned while in that clan, but will not start gaining Honor again until they join a new clan.
If the Clan Leader leaves the clan without manually assigning a new leader, the next highest ranked clan member who has been in the clan the longest is made the new Clan Leader.
A clan leader who has not been online in 21 days will automatically be demoted, and a new leader will be assigned as per the above rules.

Earning Honor
All honor earned is awarded both to the player, and to the clan they are in. You can only gain honor while in a clan. If a player leaves a clan, both the player and the clan retains the honor they gained. There are 4 ways to earn honor:
Winning: Every time a player wins a Normal (PvP) match of any game mode, they earn 10 Honor Points. Every time a player wins a League match of any game mode, they earn 20 Honor Points.
Party Bonus: Playing partied with another clan member increases the number of points earned:
Party of 2: 1.5x
Party of 3: 2x
Party of 4: 2.5x
Party of 5: 3x
1-Time Level Bonus: A player earns 10 Honor Points every time they gain a player level (max 300).
1-Time God Mastery Bonus: A player earns a 1-Time Honor Point reward each time they gain a mastery level on a god.
Mastery 1: 20 Honor Points.
Mastery 2: 40 Honor Points.
Mastery 3: 60 Honor Points.
Mastery 4: 80 Honor Points.
Mastery 5: 100 Honor Points.
Mastery 6: 120 Honor Points.
Mastery 7: 140 Honor Points.
Mastery 8: 160 Honor Points.
Mastery 9: 180 Honor Points.
Mastery 10: 200 Honor Points.

Clan Levels
As a clan earns Honor from it’s members, it will gain levels. In the future the were be special unlocks assigned to these levels.

Clan Quests
Each week clans will be given a quest their members can accomplish to earn bonus Honor for themselves and the clan.

UI
Match Lobby has been updated.
God page has been updated.
Profile Loadout has been updated.
Added a Level modifier to Gods Stats page allowing players to see base values.
Improvements have been made to Emotes tab and has been moved under the Skins at the Gods page.
Fixed client freezes if you search on the profile screen with a space in the search bar.
Fixed 0/0/0 sometimes showing in match history.
Fixed incorrect settings applying when resetting Video settings without applying.
Fixed lag present when scrolling on the Worshippers tab in Profile.
Spectator
Fixed players sometimes facing the wrong direction.

Chat
Font size has been slightly reduced.
Addressed an issue with whispers sometimes being sent to the wrong tab.

Misc
CoG Scylla landing page now has a counter showing $1 per every skin sold.
New queue videos have been added giving a brief map overview and explanation of the game type.

Items
Death’s Toll
Fixed mana points not being displayed over player.

Mail of Renewal
Fixed passive working against Towers and Phoenix kills.

Shield of the Underworld
Fixed damage being reflected back from towers.

Gods - Balance/Updates/Fixes

Anubis
General
Fixed red fx appearing in lobby with Golden and Legendary skins.

Anhur
General
Fixed the spear appearing below the pedestal in the match lobby.

Ares
General
Fixed sword and shield persisting after death.

Artemis
"Tusky underwent some obedience training, and Artemis is much happier for it. Artemis can now better control who Tusky charges at first."
Caledonian Boar
Added a 40 degree cone to the targeter allowing Tusky to prioritize targets within the cone.

Bakasura
Takedown
Fixed an issue where Bakasura would double leap.

Cupid
Fields of Love
Fixed player deployables blocking damage and crowd control.

Fenrir
Brutalize
Fixed the ability still following Hou Yi during Dive Bomb.

Hou Yi
“The build up on Ricochet added more difficulty to this ability, especially considering the inherent difficulty of bouncing the shot for multiple hits and we want players to focus more on the ricochet itself. We’ve removed the build up, and Hou Yi can now more fluidly execute the attack.”
Ricochet
The build up on this ability has been removed.

Kumbhakarna
“Kumbha is getting a bit more love this patch, in the form of a small but significant change to using his Ultimate. While still covering the same distance, Epic Uppercut will travel much faster increasing the reliability of his ultimate charge.”
Epic Uppercut
Adjusted time to complete charge from 0.7s to 0.4s, effectively making him charge faster.

Odin
Ring of Spears
Fixed Odin being unable to use while touching collision.

Serqet
Cobra’s Kiss
Fixed poison debuff icons stacking visually multiple times.

Sun Wukong
Somersault Cloud
Fixed Decoy not being instantly killed by Banish and Knockups/backs.

Thor
“The view from up above is quite magical, and occasionally even a warrior as stoic as Thor likes to take in the sights. This change just let’s Thor know when it’s time to get back to the killing. We are watching this quality of life change closely, and are considering adding the same treatment to other gods who take to the skies with a limited duration.”
Anvil of Dawn
Added timer on the ground targeter indicating when the ability will expire and Thor will be forced to land.

Vamana
Clear the Path
Adjusted the FX treatment so it conveys the end of the duration more accurately.

Xbalanque
General
Adjusted some lobby fx for the Footballer skins.
Rising Jaguar
The animation on Rising Jaguar has been updated to reduce the height that Xbalanque jumps during the animation to remove the illusion that he is doing an actual leap.

Ymir
Ice Wall
Improved the accuracy of the wall stopping players..

Clans currently in the system are “Grandfathered” and can stay over the member maximum, but cannot add new members until there is space available.

Not sure how many members the GAF clan has now but this probably means people should join now or they won't be able to for a while I'm guessing.

"I woke up like this." lol

Medusa looks great. I occasionally play adc but find the role pretty boring, but Medusa looks like a ton of fun.

There is one huge disappointment in this patch for me though. Warforged Vulcan. =/ He needs a new big skin, not another model change. Pirate skin where?

Also I highly, highly, highly doubt the membership limitations from the clan system are gonna be hard to remove. It probably won't take very long to unlock each tier of members.

lol Already nerfed.

Gods
Athena
General
Liberte skin always has the shield glow visual on.
Bacchus
Burp
Fixed an old issue where players not in range of initial Burp would not have their screen shake. This affects allies and enemies.
Chaac
Torrent
Fixed incorrect timer being displayed.
Hou Yi
Ricochet
Fixed the description showing as undefined.
Medusa
General
Fixed Artemis icons appearing for skin and voicepack purchase pop ups.
Viper Shot
Scaling per tick reduced from 30% to 15%.
Acid Spray
Projectile damage reduced from 120/180/240/300/360 to 90/135/180/225/270.
No longer reduces Attack Speed. Toolip listed is incorrect.
Fixed damage sometimes hitting targets with extra damage.
Acid Spray cone deals 100% of the base damage dealt by the projectile. Scaling on this damage will be corrected for final release.
Lacerate
Changed description from hits ‘enemies’ to ‘Gods’.
Petrify
Patch Notes incorrectly state: Cooldown 110/100/90/80/70 instead of 90s.
Fixed ability not cleansing slows.
Fixed the range displaying 80 units instead of 70.
Scylla
Sentinel
Fixed incorrect timer being displayed.
Xbalanque
Rising Jaguar
Fixed the darts still firing from original height.
Adjusted targeter preview to closer represent the lower height.

Misc
Fixed some issues around clients unable to send/receive data.
Fixed an issue where some players would load in with missing data.
Fixed the Voice Pack button in match lobby not displaying properly.
Fixed Stats level excepting bad characters and causing display issues.
Fixed Reroll button overlaying on the Lock In button.
Fixed Loadout text below the item types saying “Ward Skin”.
Planned to be fixed in the final release:
Medusa
General
Fixed Medusa appearing as random Gods in Match History.
Acid Spray
Now deals 100% damage in the acid spray cone.
Tooltip still displays that it reduces attack speed.

Ended up grabbing the God Pack, for some reason I didn't get access to Guan Yu, the only God that I didn't. I don't know if he's a special case but it is a bit strange.

Only managed to try out a handful of other Gods but I can say that Ullr is my God. I love his playstyle, he just instantly clicked for me.

Special C

So I'm still pretty new. I've got Ra pretty much figured out to the point where I play just about average enough to not be a liability. Enjoyed the game enough to buy the ultimate god pack. RA is getting a bit stale. Whats some other good gods for beginniners? I know the game is supposed to tell me who is and who isn't easy to play, but I figured players would have a better idea.

So I'm still pretty new. I've got Ra pretty much figured out to the point where I play just about average enough to not be a liability. Enjoyed the game enough to buy the ultimate god pack. RA is getting a bit stale. Whats some other good gods for beginniners? I know the game is supposed to tell me who is and who isn't easy to play, but I figured players would have a better idea.

Anubis is really easy until you get to really high level play.

Xyber

Anubis is really easy until you get to really high level play.

You just need to be okay with him to completely stomp in lower level games. Mummify, put a pool under them and ult and they are dead 90% of the time if you are fast enough with all the skills. Then you can try getting blink on him too, not a lot of people expect that. So blink in and do that combo, win. Even if they have beads they are so close to you because of the blink that you can hit most of the ult anyway.

Bancroft's Talon is a great early item on him, the lifesteal plus the power boost you get while low on HP is so good.

You just need to be okay with him to completely stomp in lower level games. Mummify, put a pool under them and ult and they are dead 90% of the time if you are fast enough with all the skills. Then you can try getting blink on him too, not a lot of people expect that. So blink in and do that combo, win. Even if they have beads they are so close to you because of the blink that you can hit most of the ult anyway.

Bancroft's Talon is a great early item on him, the lifesteal plus the power boost you get while low on HP is so good.

Pythagoram's piece has also been buffed and is pretty good.

Another easy mage to play as is Kukulkan. Just max out your 3 as much as possible and start dropping tornadoes on fools.

If you want to try out another play style, I think Chaac is a Warrior that's pretty easy to learn. Max out his 1 first, as it's the first part of a two shot combo with either of his other abilities.

I personally have only been playing for about a month, and those are the heroes that I learned to enjoy rather quickly.

Link

This Saturday March 28th through Sunday March 29th, all gods will be unlocked and playable for all accounts. During this time, players will earn Double Worshipers for all games played. Players will also receive 30 Bonus Gems for each first win and 100 Bonus Gems for completing all 6 first wins on both Saturday and Sunday. This means that you can earn up to 280 Gems each day for a total of 560 Gems!

All Gods unlocked and playable
Double Worshipers
30 Bonus Gems for each first win each day
100 Bonus Gems for completing all 6 first wins each day (Max 280 gems/day)

Link

This Saturday March 28th through Sunday March 29th, all gods will be unlocked and playable for all accounts. During this time, players will earn Double Worshipers for all games played. Players will also receive 30 Bonus Gems for each first win and 100 Bonus Gems for completing all 6 first wins on both Saturday and Sunday. This means that you can earn up to 280 Gems each day for a total of 560 Gems!

All Gods unlocked and playable
Double Worshipers
30 Bonus Gems for each first win each day
100 Bonus Gems for completing all 6 first wins each day (Max 280 gems/day)

Fuck. This is gonna cut into my homework time.

Praying to the gods I can get my six wins in ASAP and get out. Had a good Siege match, so that's 1/6th completed. Saving Conquest for last.

Xyber

Got my 6 wins in 7 games, so glad I didn't have to play conquest more than one time.

Went for one of the 400 gem chests, got Digi-mir but I wanted the Herc skin. :(

I AM SO FUCKING PISSED.

I just barely missed a penta.....

I got a FIVE MAN ULT as Hades in Assault with shield up and the other team at 30%. I killed them all EXCEPT Agni who dashed out last second with 10 hp left.

I missed my one in range auto on him and he was just too far for dash after that.

I could've killed him if I had hit beads for the CD but I didn't think of it. I was just in the moment.

OMG RAGE. Easiest quadra ever.

So I'm this close to trying another conquest after my first and only try was a complete failure.

I've just about got my head around the roles and such but I have a small question.

In casual matches do people fight over certain roles or Gods? If I went into one wanting to run Aphrodite as a support or solo lane (I think she can run solo lane) would I have a greater chance of getting her than if I went in looking to run Jungle?

Xyber

So I'm this close to trying another conquest after my first and only try was a complete failure.

I've just about got my head around the roles and such but I have a small question.

In casual matches do people fight over certain roles or Gods? If I went into one wanting to run Aphrodite as a support or solo lane (I think she can run solo lane) would I have a greater chance of getting her than if I went in looking to run Jungle?

Getting support or solo shouldn't be that hard, just make sure you type it quickly so they know what you want. There's almost always at least one who really wants jungle and a lot of the time in lower level games they just insta-lock that without giving a shit if someone else called it first.

Support is usually the least wanted role.

Aphro can solo lane and in fact is more frequently run as solo than as support. Why would you ever consider running her in Jungle?

And yes, people sometimes do fight over certain roles/Gods.

Top Bottom