• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

Achievements are also coming: https://instagram.com/p/1vcQobRFtn/

BHmABFp.jpg

Edit: Also Serqet skin:

CDIRH9aW4AMvzp5.jpg

Indignate

Didn't Serqet just get a skin? Looks like it's just a slight alteration so it must be one of the cheap ones like the Freya mask and naked Thor.

Ninja Nem is still better. A gender bended Chaac would be dope though.

BUT WHERE THE FUCK IS MY AWILIX SKIN? BELLONA GETS ONE LIKE NOT EVEN 2 WEEKS AFTER SHE'S OUT BUT MY WAIFU DOESN'T GET ANYTHING!

Indignate

Ugh, Athena Liberte turned out so poorly. Good thing Red Star is still dope.

I will only buy that Bastet skin if she makes some stupid Avril Lavigne reference.

Fingers crossed.

Yeah I saw that mentioned after I posted. Either way I like the look of the update.

Isn't it very similar to the old version though? Bit strange if they went away from it then went back.

Indignate

Does anyone here even follow the pro scene?

I'm on and off with it. Caught the Spring LAN though.

Glad to see Cyclone exerting his dominance as the best player in the game and bringing AFK along for the ride.

Glad to see Cyclone exerting his dominance as the best player in the game and bringing AFK along for the ride.

I am starting to. Lots of fun to watch and I enjoy how varied the team make up ends up being. Today they had Athena playing mid. Crazy!

I've also been watching it recently. Loved seeing SWK doing well.

Cyclone's solo Ullr made me sad, I love Ullr but I'm absolutely terrible with him. I'll never reach the heights he had with him in that match.

I normally follow it. I pretty much kept up with season one, but I've kind of lost interest.

I don't know if it's this way for other game leagues, but there is so much drama within the pro scene. I think I heard dm dogging on Jerbie today for talking shit about other pros. It's like every week there's some bullshit going on.

One of the few pros I sit and watch anymore is Barra. He seems like a genuinely good guy.

Indignate

I think I heard dm dogging on Jerbie today for talking shit about other pros. It's like every week there's some bullshit going on. .

Yeah, I was watching that.

From what I understand, Jerbs insinuated that AFK wouldn't get far without him when he left the team. Don't know if it's true or not, but Weaken took a shot at him after they won.

Drama is in competitive gaming just like it's in any other sport. Most of the drama that surrounds Smite is mostly DM stuff though. Most of the higher tier players are at least pretty decent human beings from the looks of it.

Yeah, I was watching that.

From what I understand, Jerbs insinuated that AFK wouldn't get far without him when he left the team. Don't know if it's true or not, but Weaken took a shot at him after they won.
Yeah, doesn't surprise me. I used to enjoy watching Jerbie play but his stream is horrible. It's either him begging for money or talking shit about people. It's no surprise his viewers took a nosedive.

Drama is in competitive gaming just like it's in any other sport. Most of the drama that surrounds Smite is mostly DM stuff though. Most of the higher tier players are at least pretty decent human beings from the looks of it.
I really don't agree that it's the same as other sports. I follow tennis pretty closely and there's almost no newsworthy drama even at major championships. There's also an overwhelming amount of sportsmanship. I think the last big drama case was Serena getting disqualified some years ago.

But yeah, DM is the source of a lot of bullshit, but sadly he's also the face of the community. Pretty shitty situation.

Enordash

I'm also pretty on and off with it. I feel like Smite is off to a good start, but League feels so much more professional (from what I've seen at least). I feel like many e-sport scenes are hurt by trash talking and general bro-ing out. Has anyone seen COD tourneys where people are freaking out and yelling obscenities at each other? It's a trip...

Interesting

This weekend, we'll be running a new Special Event: Omnipotence queue for players to join!
With this patch there is a new "Special Events" Achievement that can only be progressed by playing the Special Events queue. Complete each stage of the Achievement to unlock Gem rewards and Achievement Points! The first stage unlocks with 5 wins, provides 100 Gems, and it only increases from there! Special Events will be available throughout the month - this is only the first of many that will contribute to the achievement.

With this patch Match of the Day has been moved to be a Special Events queue, running the most popular modes from MoTD with special achievements and new rewards.

Has anyone played SWK in conquest since the patch? I've been terrible in solo in the past and I'm thinking that I'll probably be better if I use a God I like and that I'm actually decent at.

Is he viable there now?

Top Bottom