• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

Thanks for the replies.

Aphro can solo lane and in fact is more frequently run as solo than as support. Why would you ever consider running her in Jungle?

And yes, people sometimes do fight over certain roles/Gods.

I didn't mean running her in jungle, I just asking if trying to run a support would be easier to get than jungle.

I didn't convey that well now I reread it.

To help get your role claim faster when you get queue pop type your role preference in the chat before the god pick starts. Then hit enter the second it does. That's usually all I need to do to get my role.

But yeah, people fight over stuff. It's not a big deal though, you gotta learn all the roles anyway.

Lately all this game does is piss me off. Why do I always get paired up with players who auto-lock on gods they have no clue how to play or build?

Yeah the enjoyment to annoyance ratio has definitely nosedived for me. Don't even want to play this weekend because getting daily wins on gem events was a horrible experience for me before.

This game goes from being really nice in terms of Gods and teams one day to being really bad the next.

Assault mode can be cruel sometimes.

Xyber

The EU servers have been fucking garbage the whole day. Super laggy and throwing my friend and I out to the login screen several times.

And then you have all the shitty people who come out whenever there's free gems. So many lost games because someone got mad and decided to feed/afk because we were a little behind. And the VGS commands, insane amount of spammers. Thank god for mute.

Xyber

Got my last game in at 2 am. At first we were really behind in Conquest, they had about 4-5 levels on everyone in our team but the ADC (at one point I was lvl 12 as athena when they were at 18-19). They took down 2 of our phoenixes, but everyone kept their spirits high because we were fucking getting those gems! We held out for close to 15 minutes and managed to get everyone but Herc up to 20, won 2 teamfights and pushed all their lanes up to phoenix. Won that last teamfight and took the game.

If gems weren't involved, we probably would've surrendered when they took the phoenixes because it really didn't look like we could make a comeback from that.

Shoutouts to the ADC who carried us to victory!

Got Chronos yesterday in the MOTD. Infinite mana and cooldowns with hastened fatlis was just insane. My team was full of mages and assassins and I was pretty much stunning everyone non stop at their base with insane speed the entire time while they dished out the damage. It was awesome.

Get Bacchus in assault and get the highest damage and highest mitigated in game. It's because I identify with Bacchus on a personal level I think and not because he is good.

When I bought the God Pack I didn't receive Guan Yu for some reason. I sent in a support ticket and was given 200 gems to spend on Guan Yu.

I felt like gems are worth more than favour so I held onto the gems thinking I'd buy Guan Yu with favour sometime down the line.

It seems that this weekend he has been unlocked on my account though (maybe something to do with the all Gods unlocked event?), yet I still have the gems I was given. 200 free gems!

So I now have over 500 gems, I have to decide if it's worth buying a chest or just grabbing 5 recoloured skins that interest me.

Xyber

So I now have over 500 gems, I have to decide if it's worth buying a chest or just grabbing 5 recoloured skins that interest me.

This is just my opinion, but I don't think it's worth spending gems on recolors when you can get much cooler skins not purchasable for favor.

This is just my opinion, but I don't think it's worth spending gems on recolors when you can get much cooler skins not purchasable for favor.

You're probably right. I'm probably still stuck in the mindset that favour is worth a lot which isn't the case once you've got the God Pack.

The favour can go towards the recolours then.

If you can't see any skin you really want then it's a good idea to save them for a voice pack sale and just get the voice packs for the gods you play the most.

I can't really see any point in VPs atm since I rarely use them. I guess as you get more into conquest they become more important so it probably makes a difference then.

That said voice pack like things in other games rarely tempt me so I'll probably stay away from them unless there is literally nothing else left for me to grab.

Indignate

I can't really see any point in VPs atm since I rarely use them. I guess as you get more into conquest they become more important so it probably makes a difference then.

That said voice pack like things in other games rarely tempt me so I'll probably stay away from them unless there is literally nothing else left for me to grab.

Just get the Awilix voice pack cuz her voice is literally the best.

I really want to get into Conquest but its so much time thrown away if you get even a single troll in your group. And I'm not very good.

Casual Conquest is so bad lately. Everyone fighting to instalock Medusa, raging when they don't get her. My last match had this team composition: Athena, Cupid, Medusa, Bellona, Nemesis. Medusa decided to go mid after an argument with Cupid and then went 0-11-0 before rage quitting.

-_-

agreed this is the best motd you dont know what youll get :D
Yeah I had a couple games where Archov trolled. The worst was a conquest match where I was on a team of full Lokis. Came in with Nuwa ult then proceeded to run around as the Titan and kill everyone.

Eventually he changed to Tyr and at this point I thought it was just bots fucking shit up. However he tried to help us win and made a Fire Giant call. I thought it was just a troll bot script, lol, but I went to FG anyway and as soon I started it, sure enough Archov-Tyr ults over and helps. :)

We got it and I spammed woohoo/thanks and Archov spammed woohoo back, it was cute.

Then he switched sides and killed all our phoenixes and we lost. :(

Enordash

How's everyone liking Medusa? I played her a couple of times in Arena and she can do some absurd damage. She also has incredible chase and boxing ability. Her ult comes out a little slower than I was hoping, but it's still really solid when paired with Athena's taunt. I don't know if she'll find her way into the SPL though. She almost feels like a slightly worse Cupid.

How's everyone liking Medusa?

I haven't played as her yet but I have played against her a few times (in a couple of different modes).

I've heard people saying she's OP but I'm not seeing it myself. She's certainly strong but right now I'm finding Bellona to be a much bigger problem.

The other Medusa went 1-19 though. Isn't this more a case that that one person knew how to play her and the other person had no clue or am I missing something?

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
no she didnt but i didnt lane against her was laning against thor and loki

her early game push with acid spray is nuts and i also feel that it hits beyond the cone that it says it dose i was nailing people with it who were no where near the cone

These patches have been happening at inopportune times for me lately. only managed to get one game in before the servers went down.

Hopefully there won't be a patch Tuesday because I intend to play all day then.

Edit: Nvm, seems it was just the EU servers. Jumped into a NA Assault and I'm pretty happy with how it went. http://smite.guru/match/146352735

First time playing him too.

Enordash

no she didnt but i didnt lane against her was laning against thor and loki

her early game push with acid spray is nuts and i also feel that it hits beyond the cone that it says it dose i was nailing people with it who were no where near the cone

I agree that the acid spray seems to hit slightly beyond the cone. She doesn't FEEL overpowered like Bellona did when she launched (and honestly still feels), but I was seeing Medusa put up top player and minion damage on both teams in Arena by at least 10k over everyone else. That's my bit of anecdotal evidence, lol.

040315_blog_springoutofwinter.jpg

I've noticed I'm being put into matches with more and more people in the mid20s or even lv30s even though I'm level 17.

Is this based on the elo (or whatever the equivalent is at lower levels) or is it just random?

Top Bottom