• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

drotahorror

Word is that the arena patch is coming on the 12th.

Nice. I know I could load up the PTS and I did the other day but I waited 10min in queue for it and it never popped.

I do like how I can claim all sorts of goodies since I was level 30. They have tiers of rewards now for leveling which I thought was cool. Didn't see that in patch notes but I may have overlooked it.

Nice. I know I could load up the PTS and I did the other day but I waited 10min in queue for it and it never popped.

I do like how I can claim all sorts of goodies since I was level 30. They have tiers of rewards now for leveling which I thought was cool. Didn't see that in patch notes but I may have overlooked it.

They did show it off on the patch livestream. From what I saw it doens't seem super useful.

It basically gives you Gods or costumes for a small rental period. A free costume would be great but maybe too big a reward for just leveling to 30.

drotahorror

They did show it off on the patch livestream. From what I saw it doens't seem super useful.

It basically gives you Gods or costumes for a small rental period. A free costume would be great but maybe too big a reward for just leveling to 30.

Yeah I just like free stuff. So I'll be claiming a ton of rewards since I'm 30. I enjoy a good dish of favor.

Yeah I just like free stuff. So I'll be claiming a ton of rewards since I'm 30. I enjoy a good dish of favor.

I didn't think about the favor. Nice to have although I've never actually spent the favor or gems I've managed to accumulate.

I just like to see their numbers increase.

Special C

Xbox is feast or famine. It seems like either people who have played on PC and are really good or people who've never played a MOBA before. Had a guy earlier who stayed in the jungle the whole game and tried to solo fire giant at level 5. I just to stay positive and give people hints but its hard some times.

Xbox is feast or famine. It seems like either people who have played on PC and are really good or people who've never played a MOBA before. Had a guy earlier who stayed in the jungle the whole game and tried to solo fire giant at level 5. I just to stay positive and give people hints but its hard some times.

Bahahahaha. Yeah, you're just gonna have to let the game mature. And once you hit level 30 it will be much better. There's still terrible players (or decent players who happen to have a terrible game; it happens to us all), but on the whole it's so much better.

Indignate

That squirrel is

CUTE

AS

FUCK.

78qhFVJ.jpg

Apparently I own Guan Yu. I have no idea how I unlocked him, but I did. I've never played him before so I checked out a Smitefire build and went for it.

SwfgF2A.png

Lol...

Apparently I own Guan Yu. I have no idea how I unlocked him, but I did. I've never played him before so I checked out a Smitefire build and went for it.

SwfgF2A.png

Lol...

Guan Yu should be one of the five heroes you get off the bat. Without owning any other gods, I think players get access to 10 gods at default: the five on rotation, and these five gods: Neith, Thor, Ra, Guan Yu and Ymir; one of each class.

That aside, I am going to have to start grinding some Arena or Siege. I want me that Executioner Nemesis.

If you made your account in beta guan yu wasn't a starter.

Not too long ago there was an event that unlocked every god for everyone.

After you kept any of the current starters you didn't already have.

I had this happen to me with guan yu aa well (although I managed to get 200 free gems out of it).

Online on Xbox is still in shambles.

Sometimes you get a good game with people that sorta know what they are doing, but most of the time it's 'anything-goes' and that's just no fun for anyone.

Am seeing progress though in the general audience, will be nice to see if anything differs, in terms of play style, to the PC version later on.

I've had some terrific matches online on X1, some real close team games and one epic comeback where all three of our phoenixes were down, and then we came back like a beast.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit

SwfgF2A.png

Lol...

i start with frostbound hammer off the bat then warrior tabi, runeforged hammer, jotunns wrath, magis blessing then the last item is situational if i need more defense ill get that but if they arnt doing much damage ill get a damage item

Special C

Online on Xbox is still in shambles.

Sometimes you get a good game with people that sorta know what they are doing, but most of the time it's 'anything-goes' and that's just no fun for anyone.

Am seeing progress though in the general audience, will be nice to see if anything differs, in terms of play style, to the PC version later on.

XBox is still very hit and miss. As you level up it gets better. It's going to get worse before it gets better (OPEN beta), but eventually it will be just like on PC.

XBox is still very hit and miss. As you level up it gets better. It's going to get worse before it gets better (OPEN beta), but eventually it will be just like on PC.

Level 30 (after account transfer) and it's still just a mess. But it's to be expected. Plenty of new players who have never seen the game before and plenty of players who are trying to emulate what they've seen on SPL.

Almost reminds me of the early days during PC beta.

Guan Yu should be one of the five heroes you get off the bat. Without owning any other gods, I think players get access to 10 gods at default: the five on rotation, and these five gods: Neith, Thor, Ra, Guan Yu and Ymir; one of each class.

I started playing in beta, when the five starters were Ymir, Ra, Kali, Sun Wukong (now Hun Batz), and Artemis.

If you made your account in beta guan yu wasn't a starter.

Not too long ago there was an event that unlocked every god for everyone.

After you kept any of the current starters you didn't already have.

I had this happen to me with guan yu aa well (although I managed to get 200 free gems out of it).

Well that explains it. Cool.

i start with frostbound hammer off the bat then warrior tabi, runeforged hammer, jotunns wrath, magis blessing then the last item is situational if i need more defense ill get that but if they arnt doing much damage ill get a damage item

Thanks. For some reason I am just terrible with him. I played another game and went 0-8. I had awful teammates both times but still, I just couldn't seem to do anything without getting quickly burst down. For comparison, I also played Sun Wukong for the first time yesterday, and went 3-4 and won. I felt way more in control playing SWK.

Why do hirez keep having sales on nice looking skins for gods that I don't really play (ninja Nemesis), really tempted to pick it up.

Thanks. For some reason I am just terrible with him. I played another game and went 0-8. I had awful teammates both times but still, I just couldn't seem to do anything without getting quickly burst down. For comparison, I also played Sun Wukong for the first time yesterday, and went 3-4 and won. I felt way more in control playing SWK.

I've been running Guan Yu in arena a lot recently. I generally build tanky but even then he's not as tanky as say Geb.

Also you should initiate most attacks. Us the stun at the end of your ult, as long as your team is watching they can then all fall on the 2-3 people you've stunned a.d kill them.

You'll rarely get a big amount of kills but your assists should be large.

I've been running Guan Yu in arena a lot recently. I generally build tanky but even then he's not as tanky as say Geb.

Also you should initiate most attacks. Us the stun at the end of your ult, as long as your team is watching they can then all fall on the 2-3 people you've stunned a.d kill them.

You'll rarely get a big amount of kills but your assists should be large.

Thanks, I will build him tanky. My teams were not following up my ult, not once. There is nothing worse than playing a tank on a team that doesn't back you up. If I had a penny for every Ymir stun that got no follow up...

You shouldn't buy it, it's racist as hell

But yeah it's pretty sweet

Are people really upset about that skin? I don't see why it would be considered racist. Is it the stereotypical Asian accent on the voicepack?

I mean, the Ra-merica skin is basically a parody of the USA's ultra patriotism. But it's just for shits and giggles; I didn't think people actually got deeply offended by this stuff.

Indignate

I think the Ra skin is very intentionally a parody and hard to be mistaken for anything else.

The Nem skin just seems stereotypical with nothing else underlying it.

I have no real problem with it. I also don't have a problem with the Chang'e skin either though.

Thanks, I will build him tanky. My teams were not following up my ult, not once. There is nothing worse than playing a tank on a team that doesn't back you up. If I had a penny for every Ymir stun that got no follow up...

That is the worst, stun a bunch of people, see that no one followed you and have to slowly walk back toy our group and wait for your next chance.

Hey everyone!

An awesome fellow GAFer hooked a fiend of mine and myself up with some SMITE xbox one codes. We are having a blast playing but my oh my, we SUCK. We are destroying the AI which seems to only have the difficult of very easy, but we are getting wrecked in online matches. We have been playing 3v3 to practice but we hope to arena soon.

Basically, are there any good and up to date guides/builds online that we can look at? All of the websites I'm finding seem to be very out of date.

BamfMeat

Do the skins that come out for league ever end up for sale at a (much later) date? I want that new AMC skin but there's no way in hell I'm going to play league. I won't even play conquest on the PC at all.

Do the skins that come out for league ever end up for sale at a (much later) date? I want that new AMC skin but there's no way in hell I'm going to play league. I won't even play conquest on the PC at all.

None of the other limited skins have been released at a later date so I can't see the AMC one being any different I'm afraid.

Just had a great match of Arena. I played Kumbha, and we had a Poseidon disconnect early for...some reason, I don't know.

Anyway, things seemed bleak but we managed to pull out a 4v5 victory. I'm enjoying Arena. Games go by pretty quickly, which I like.

Damn, they switched up the free rotation so I can't play Sun Wukong anymore. I was really enjoying him. I might go ahead and spend the favor; his recent buffs make him a pretty solid pick in Arena.

Yeah, she is super powerful but has avoided nerfs because most players don't really understand what to do with her. The dash also has a chance to crit which is what make crit really good for her also.

Dude, it's crazy how big of a difference it made when you told me about her passive. She went from unplayable to my favorite assassin. The burst from her 2 + 1 + auto attack is usually enough to seal the fate of any non-tanky opponent below 50% health. Throw her ult into the combo and there's almost certainly no escape. She's very mobile too so I am able to get in and out consistently without dying (my usual problem with assassins in Arena). Serqet is great!

Damn, they switched up the free rotation so I can't play Sun Wukong anymore. I was really enjoying him. I might go ahead and spend the favor; his recent buffs make him a pretty solid pick in Arena.

I love SWK in arena. Every now and then you get someone who will say you shouldn't pick him. I had this happen then I went 13-0-9. Best way to shut those people up.

Still haven't got around to using him in conquest yet though (Hades solo too strong).

drotahorror

Buy the god pack ;) One of the best values in gaming.

Dat Hou Yi ricochet + Ymir wall:

BupYYAD.gif

I love SWK in arena. Every now and then you get someone who will say you shouldn't pick him. I had this happen then I went 13-0-9. Best way to shut those people up.

He can be everywhere at once, I love it. You can get away with almost suicidal aggression and then "lol bird form see ya."

Buy the god pack ;) One of the best values in gaming.

It wouldn't even be worth it at this point lol. I've been playing since beta, like 3 years ago. I've unlocked pretty much every god I want with favor/gems. I was just being cheap. :p I bought SWK with favor tonight.

Dat Hou Yi ricochet + Ymir wall:

SoGood.gif

I finally found a groove with Hou Yi in an Assault game the other day when I finally realized how to take advantage of his 2. He's pretty fun.

Sorry I missed you guys playing earlier. Got caught in an Assault then went to watch Arrow, lol.

I need to pay attention to the chat more. I never notice Guild mates chatting until it's too late and I'm either starting a match, or about to get off.

Haha yeah we had fun playing Arena last night. It was Bamelin, bleeb, and me. We got matched against a couple ridiculously good teams that slapped us around pretty bad, but we also had a couple great games where we dominated. Good times.

Top Bottom