• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
today at 1pm pst 4pm est unleash your nuts on http://www.twitch.tv/smitegame
CFDdp7ZUgAAR_JG.jpg

Gah. I'm having some bad luck in Arena. I'm still fairly new, I've only started playing online recently.

Had like a three lose streak. I'm having a hard time figuring out how to play melee gods in Arena, specifically Guardians. Gods like Kumbhakarna and Cabrakan are my favorites, but I haven't figured out how to properly play them in Arena.

I'll stick to ranged gods for now. I have better success with them.

drotahorror

Hi Rez never ceases to amaze me with their gods ability designs. (the new god they're showing right now)

Now fix Ah Puch to not be so busted :p

The squirrel does look like a lot of fun, his alt skin looked nice too.

I also really liked that Sobek skin, been running Sobek a decent amount recently so might finally spend some of the gems I have on it.

drotahorror

^ Beat you to it friend.

“Ah Puch’s poke with Fleeting Breath at the start of the game is seeing a reduction, along with less duration on Empty the Crypts. While his performance overall is in line with other mages, he was succeeding slightly too well at zoning out enemy players.”

Got a good chuckle out of that.

After seeing a short playful of Ratatoskr, his heal with the green acorn is way to strong, he's able to hang in a 3 on 1 with absolutely no problem.

Special C

Are new gods being OP a recent trend or par for the course? They really need to wait until the patch after to introduce new gods for Xbox.

Are new gods being OP a recent trend or par for the course? They really need to wait until the patch after to introduce new gods for Xbox.
Par for the course. It started with Janus and outside of Nox I can't think of a god since then that wasn't balanced to overpowered. Maybe Hou Yi?

Nox also was OP for a time after she got buffed. Awilix has never not been average that I can't remember.

Uncle Sam Zeus hype. Can't wait.

Got Nox in Assault today, she's awful still, why? And I like how every time her ult gets patched they ruin the animation more and more. I can't even tell if I land it because there's no sign of it landing until the timer starts.

I got the Warforged Vulcan skin in the Yeti chest. It's an awesome looking skin, so I've got to try and learn Vulcan!

He's hard to play. :[
Meatball your way to victory. Really. Max your 3 first as the poke is godlike. These days I like to max the 2 before the 1, but either is fine. I suggest maxing 2 second until you're good at landing backfire off meatball.

Try to ult during engagements and if you are initiating with an ult try to meatball after ulting so they get stuck in it.

Also while Vulcan has no means of escape he can juke pretty well. Meatball/backfire while juking is really good. I've turned so many fights around by just dodging in circles and spamming meatball, lol.

Fnatic is dominating Trig in game one.

So much for my picks. :[

EDIT: Wow. Fnatic is really demonstrating some great play against Trig. They'll have my eyes on them in the future.

drotahorror

The more I'm thinking about it the more I don't understand why you get 2 chances to pick a team in each part of the SPL border card thing. It shouldn't correlate with what game they're on. Like the first pick isn't game 1. (because there's a possiblity of going up to 3 games)

I dunno, I know I'm confusing the way I'm wording this, but it's just very confusing to me as well. Doesn't make sense that it lets you pick different teams for the same game. (like I could pick AFK AND TSM for winning today)

editing...

Now it's even more confusing. The 2nd part of TSM vs AFK says I got it wrong. Why the 2nd part? What happens if AFK wins 2 in a row? Do I get 40 points or only 20? Why is there only 2 slots when there is a possibility of 3 games? I'm looking into this too much but it's just really stupid how this is setup hahah.

The more I'm thinking about it the more I don't understand why you get 2 chances to pick a team in each part of the SPL border card thing. It shouldn't correlate with what game they're on. Like the first pick isn't game 1. (because there's a possiblity of going up to 3 games)

I dunno, I know I'm confusing the way I'm wording this, but it's just very confusing to me as well. Doesn't make sense that it lets you pick different teams for the same game. (like I could pick AFK AND TSM for winning today)

I don't have the SPL thing so take what I saY with a grain of salt but from what I've read the two you pick are games 1 and 2.

The reason you have 2 and not 3 is that there will definitely be 2 games and if they let you pick 3 and it doesn't run that far people will complain (silly complaints but you know it would happen).

If you use one pick on one team and the other pick on the other team you're just saying that it's very close and will go to 3 games to decide. It gives you the chance at more fp as the remaining teams get closer in skill level.

drotahorror

I don't have the SPL thing so take what I saY with a grain of salt but from what I've read the two you pick are games 1 and 2.

The reason you have 2 and not 3 is that there will definitely be 2 games and if they let you pick 3 and it doesn't run that far people will complain (silly complaints but you know it would happen).

If you use one pick on one team and the other pick on the other team you're just saying that it's very close and will go to 3 games to decide. It gives you the chance at more fp as the remaining teams get closer in skill level.

True thanks. But I find it strange that on the picture I posted, the 2nd game I picked wrong but that game hadn't even happened yet. The 2nd game just ended and AFK won. But according to the picture I posted, game 1 hadn't happened yet and game 2 was over and TSM won.

Also incase anyone reads this, DO NOT OPEN your card in game. The stream auto starts and even when you close the card the stream keeps playing. You also can't pause the stream or change the volume when you have the card open. You have to close your game to make it stop.

True thanks. But I find it strange that on the picture I posted, the 2nd game I picked wrong but that game hadn't even happened yet. The 2nd game just ended and AFK won. But according to the picture I posted, game 1 hadn't happened yet and game 2 was over and TSM won.

I posted before you edited in the pic so I missed it. It sounds like a bug, maybe it will change to show the correct team winning? If not I'd send in a bug ticket. They may not be able to gift you fp but who knows, maybe you'll get something else out of it.

Good on AFK for taking game two. It wasn't a total wash on my bracket.

Now for Eager vs Enemy. It seems Eager is the majority favorite, which is good for my bracket!

drotahorror

I posted before you edited in the pic so I missed it. It sounds like a bug, maybe it will change to show the correct team winning? If not I'd send in a bug ticket. They may not be able to gift you fp but who knows, maybe you'll get something else out of it.

Ok I thought it was best of 3, but there is actually only 2 games. So that's why there's only 2 games listed for each faceoff hah.

I don't really understand why it wouldn't be best of 3 but I guess this is not a normal tournament or anything, just teams playing against each other.

Meatball your way to victory. Really. Max your 3 first as the poke is godlike. These days I like to max the 2 before the 1, but either is fine. I suggest maxing 2 second until you're good at landing backfire off meatball.

Try to ult during engagements and if you are initiating with an ult try to meatball after ulting so they get stuck in it.

Also while Vulcan has no means of escape he can juke pretty well. Meatball/backfire while juking is really good. I've turned so many fights around by just dodging in circles and spamming meatball, lol.

Sorry for the late reply, I was too focused on the Pro League matches, but I appreciate the help! Starting to like Vulcan in arena, but I need more practice in landing those meatballs.

drotahorror

Sorry for the late reply, I was too focused on the Pro League matches, but I appreciate the help! Starting to like Vulcan in arena, but I need more practice in landing those meatballs.

I recommend maxing different abilities if you end up laning in conquest. Maxing your 3 in conquest would hurt your lane clear.

I recommend maxing different abilities if you end up laning in conquest. Maxing your 3 in conquest would hurt your lane clear.
I dunno. I come from a time where Vulcan was almost only played in solo because of his awful lane clear. It's still not amazing. He's known for his poke and harass. So I play him very aggressively in lane.

Never really had trouble clearing honestly, you can hit most of the wave with meatball and backfire at the same time. It all comes down to playstyle and who your opponent in lane is.

drotahorror

True, I guess it just comes down to playstyle. I've seen people max his turret first, sometimes they max backfire. Sometimes the magma bomb. the bomb is great poke that's for sure.

Indignate

Yeah, along with side strafing.

It's like a 33% decrease or something. I think attacking puts you at 50% no matter which direction you're moving.

Medusa gets no penalty when side strafing and only half when backpedaling.

While using an ability, Chang'e has no penalty and gains movement speed.

Yeah, one really simple thing to get in the habit of doing is turning the camera to dodge rather than always strafing. It's much easier to juke and dodge if you always move forwards rather than strafe.

Top Bottom