• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

Those additions to the fantasy points thing makes me wish I'd bought it.

I guess it's possible that I could still get a large amount of fp but I'm a bit paranoid about it.

Made me wish I would have kept mine equipped. How long does it last anyway?

Until the end of Season 2 I believe so it could easily be another 6 months or so. If I'm right it's feasible that we could get all the rewards but I haven't heard any concrete answer on when it exactly ends.

Patch notes link:

C-C-C-Combo Breaker (Ravana Release) Patch Notes

Thoughts:

- Fatalis, Magi Boots, and Qin's Sais buffs are very nice. I had pretty much stopped using those items.

- Magi's Blessing nerf is dumb. There's so much hard CC in this game, why nerf one of the counters to it? Probably my least favorite change this patch.

- Heartseeker and Doom Orb change... I wonder if this will make them better or worse for Arena?

- Nerf to Bastet's ult makes me happy, because fuck those cats.

Those HOG nerfs? I think that someone at Hirez really wants Thanatos to do well in a tournament. Not really sure how most of those changes are going to make the game more fun.

Special C

Woot woot. Assault coming to Xbox. Also gods are released with their first balance patch integrated. That's a big deal, Medusa and Bellona were really hard to deal with for a long time.

drotahorror

Picking up an xb1 soon, will probably use one of my smite beta keys on it.

So I can just login with my PC info on the xb1 version right? I'll have all the gods etc? I'll still be level 30 and have all my skins/vp's etc? Does favor that I gain on xb1 version carry over to PC version? I can keep playing my account on PC as well right? Sorry for the dumb questions.

So I can just login with my PC info on the xb1 version right? I'll have all the gods etc? I'll still be level 30 and have all my skins/vp's etc? Does favor that I gain on xb1 version carry over to PC version? I can keep playing my account on PC as well right? Sorry for the dumb questions.

They act as two seperate accounts, and after the PC transfer (Copying all your content on the PC to the XB1 version) anything you buy or earn on XB1 will not carry over to your PC account and vise versa.

They act as two seperate accounts, and after the PC transfer (Copying all your content on the PC to the XB1 version) anything you buy or earn on XB1 will not carry over to your PC account and vise versa.
Yep. Also keep in mind gems won't transfer, but favor will. So if you have a bunch of gems that you plan on spending soon, do that before you connect accounts.

drotahorror

Quick question. Since XB1 is behind on patches, say I have the Ratataskor (sp) voice pack, when Rat comes out on XB1 will I have the VP as well?

Zafir

Is there a reason there's so damn many disconnections in arena?

Only just started playing Smite yesterday and been sticking to Normal Arena for the time being. Out of about 10 arena games, I've perhaps had one or two where there wasn't a disconnect on our team. Sometimes we can still manage to win despite being 4v5, but not always, especially when someone else leaves and it ends up being 3v5.

Edit: It's not just arena, did a Conquest and it happened there too, we had a D/C. Managed to put up a fight but in the end we just couldn't manage.

Indignate

If you just started playing, it's going to happen.

You're getting put with new people/similar skill levels, eventually you'll work your way out of it.

Zafir

Sure, but, it seems rather excessive. Majority of my games have held disconnects, and that's not hyperbole. Never had that happen in Dota or Hots even when first starting out.

I hope it gets better, at the moment most of the games are decided by whoever is lucky enough to not have a disconnect early game. Only exceptions being when the disconnect is later in the game and the team has already managed to farm enough that the person disadvantage doesn't matter.

Often it's not even that far in too, so I don't even think it's rage quitting.

Zombine

Banned
So it looks like they didn't go all the way with the seasonal chests and are only releasing those 4...will I ever get my Carnival Neith skin? ._.

drotahorror

Often it's not even that far in too, so I don't even think it's rage quitting.

It's definitely some form of quitting I'd wager.

There are DC's still at level 30, for instance yesterday 4 out of 5 games I played had a DC. But that was definitely a rare occurrence. I normally never have any DC's.

Btw, complete gamble if I can scrounge up 50 gems tomorrow to buy another chest. Every day I miss gems for wins of the day, it's completely random. (talking about the promotion they got goin on til tomorrow, 10gems per win/day.

Indignate

I can carry that.
song_siren3.gif

Indignate

I don't know what it is, but out of all the mobas I play, I feel like this one has the worst players with the worst itemization choices.

I spent all my gems on voice packs for Ah Puch, Serqet, Janus, Sun Wukong, Cabrakan, and Apollo. I don't really care about skins and I use the VGS system a lot, so I figured it was the best use of my gems. I can't decide which is my favorite. Serqet has that sexy accent but Ah Puch, Janus, and Apollo are hilarious. Cabrakan and SWK sound like badasses.

Rizzi

I love getting matched up against premade groups constantly.
It's just the super best thing ever. I'm not being sarcastic at all.

jerry113

Banned
Are there any default game settings I should change?

Like how about this camera angle? I can't seem to look up at the sky - is there any benefit in turning off lock camera pitch?

drotahorror

Are there any default game settings I should change?

Like how about this camera angle? I can't seem to look up at the sky - is there any benefit in turning off lock camera pitch?

Well if you turn off the lock camera pitch you can look up at the sky. It's good for spotting Thor and Thanatos ults etc. Anyone that has an ult where they can go up in the sky it's good for that. I found it annoying too that I couldn't look up any further when I first started playing. Definitely turn off the lock.

Hmm, other things are just preference.

Under User Interface - Show Mana Usage (this will put a number on your abilities indicating the mana cost of each one.

Targeting - I have in this order -

Ruler
Arrow
X Reticule
Highlight and Bracket 2
Always Show Ground Target

Fun times with Bamelin and bleeb last night. I keep meaning to record some of my Smite gameplay but I always forget to turn on Shadowplay.

Well if you turn off the lock camera pitch you can look up at the sky. It's good for spotting Thor and Thanatos ults etc. Anyone that has an ult where they can go up in the sky it's good for that. I found it annoying too that I couldn't look up any further when I first started playing. Definitely turn off the lock.

I actually keep the lock on. I used to have it off and I switched for some reason I can no longer remember. But yeah the only drawback is that it's harder to see Ao Kuang/Thor/Thanatos ults incoming. Hopefully one of my teammates will have called out [VBA], but that doesn't always happen.

drotahorror

They kind of ruined the look for Siege this patch. It can't be intended. Everything is all washed out and has a hazy look in the jungle now. Looks awful.

Top Bottom