• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

I had a busy week so today I decided to have an ultra lazy Saturday. And by that I mean I basically played Smite for 12 hours straight. I downloaded Curse so I got the double favor/worshipers too. I mastered Geb, Apollo, Bellona, Chaac, Bakasura, and Rama in 1 day! Man, I really needed that. It was the perfect Saturday.

A highlight from my time with the Xbone beta
in Arena
:D
http://a.pomf.se/eakhdu.mp4

Excuse the framerate. Upload Studio screws it up for whatever reason.

Very nice. Poseidon is a beast in Arena but for some reason he's never been one of my favorite mages to play. He's great in the PC version right now though because his whirlpool fucks over the new Rat god really hard.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Looking forward to Au Puch hitting X1 tomorrow. He seems interesting, and like good assa-fodder, while the "EVERYONE AUTO PICS THE NEW CHARACTER!" rush is on.

Those NOX Changes Tho! I wish THOSE were coming tomorrow! She's been remade, and pretty much has everything I'd want out of her, this side of a mini- Xbalan super as a normal move.

But I have to ask... how do her skills react on minions? Does the channeled Beam from her new rooting move hit troops? She used to have one of the fastest, most spammable field moves in the game, now she needs to do a slower field, and then teleport INTO a melee unit on the front line, and burst out in order to clear lanes?

Does her new Ult now hurt minions on the way to the gods / wall it explodes against? That'd be great, but I doubt it...

I like how her shadow dash will have similar functionality to 'dite's STOMP move. Being able to add extra damage to other players leaps is fun, and a great way to neuter otherwise effective run-away tactics.

The worse things is that it'll be months before I get to play around with new Noxy...

Her 2 is her main clear now, it does take a second or two to go off so you have to drop it in front of the wave so they can walk onto it as it explodes. Shouldn't be too hard to time since they just walk forward in a straight line.

For Gods drop the 2 then use the 1 to slow them and hold them in the aoe.

The main thing about her dash for most players is the ablilty to travel in someone else's global ult. So you jump into Apollo, he ults, flies around the map and when he lands you pop out and can both attack. He's kinda bringing the cavalry with him. So pairing her with Apollo, Thor, Thanatos, Athena etc will make for some fun possibilities.

If you can't wait for Nox try Scylla. Kit wise they are very similar. A long range, hard to target root, a large delayed explosion ground aoe and a dash,teleport on the 3. The ult is a bit different but there are some similarities.

creatchee

So I was watching some Twitch on Friday and happened upon a Smite channel. I had signed up for the beta a while back and forgot about it. It looked really fun, albeit a little tricky to grasp what was going on. I wanted to try it out, so I found it in the Xbox Store and was toying with the idea of buying the Founders Pack when i thought "maybe they sent me a key and I didn't see it. A search of my inbox found two keys, no less, and I downloaded.

I haven't played a time sink like this in forever. Friday night went until 4AM. 12 hour session on Saturday and 9 on Sunday. The damned thing is addictive. I've drug my friend from Canada into this mess with the other key and he feels the same. Such fun and replayability. I ended up buying the Founders Pack anyway because I wanted to try out more gods. I've definitely found Scylla and Aphrodite to be my favorites, as I'm a ranged player at heart.

I can't definitely see myself playing this for a long time.

creatchee

^ Check out Poseidon, Janus, Isis, Agni, if you want some good mages to play. Scylla is also great.

Thanks! I played as Poseidon in Arena mode when I was just checking the different types out and his Kraken attack is glorious. Janus seemed like he could be a force in conquest with his portal stuff, but I'm pretty sure I didn't use him correctly, as I'm a noob and I've pretty much been doing basic attack and farm strategies while I'm learning. I'll have to check out the other two though!

Finally got 60 mastery! I managed to do it without the god pack. :D The only gods I haven't mastered now are Ratatoskr, Ne Zha, Awilix, Osiris, Kumbhakarna, and Bacchus. I really don't have any interest in them...

Thanks! I played as Poseidon in Arena mode when I was just checking the different types out and his Kraken attack is glorious. Janus seemed like he could be a force in conquest with his portal stuff, but I'm pretty sure I didn't use him correctly, as I'm a noob and I've pretty much been doing basic attack and farm strategies while I'm learning. I'll have to check out the other two though!

I used to watch YouTube videos when I was a beginner and it really helped. I don't know who currently makes the best videos, but for me it was Drybear. He actually got hired by Hi-Rez a while back. Looks like he still makes gameplay videos though, so check them out.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I'm kinda hating Puch and the annoying players that seem to come with him, lol. Suddenly, every class thinks they are a jungler, people forget that his ULT doesn't mean instant-win, jerks are dropping mid-game and auto-feeding in multiple games... It's like every team I join today has a know-it-all who criticizes everything, gives up without trying, and thinks it's their way of no way.

And Puch's obnoxious consta-spam is disgusting. Noone wants the Tank to land any blows, not like they need EXP to lvl! The teamwork feels like it's at the worse it can be, and everyone is just out to spam the new OP god before he gets nerfed into a reasonable state. Oy.

Her 2 is her main clear now, it does take a second or two to go off so you have to drop it in front of the wave so they can walk onto it as it explodes. Shouldn't be too hard to time since they just walk forward in a straight line.

Yeah, that's fine, I play enough Janus and Osiris to be fine with predictive lane clears. But the old Rhythm of double 2s or bird curse + Extra damage 2 seems all gone, eh?

For Gods drop the 2 then use the 1 to slow them and hold them in the aoe.

Very Janus-like again, which I'm happy with:)

The main thing about her dash for most players is the ablilty to travel in someone else's global ult. So you jump into Apollo, he ults, flies around the map and when he lands you pop out and can both attack. He's kinda bringing the cavalry with him. So pairing her with Apollo, Thor, Thanatos, Athena etc will make for some fun possibilities.

Yeah, got that part from discussions and such the other day, was just talking about the general back-and forth fight phase. I love the fact it gives her new offensive and defensive options.

If you can't wait for Nox try Scylla. Kit wise they are very similar. A long range, hard to target root, a large delayed explosion ground aoe and a dash,teleport on the 3. The ult is a bit different but there are some similarities.

Yeah, I've been playing Scylla more ever since I got little red out of a chest for her. I quite like her, but I still seem to go to Stargazer Anubis when I think "Damaging Mage"

Stupid question but I have nowhere else to ask it. Is Leagues comparable to ranked matchmaking, and if so has it come to the XB1 version yet? It just says unavailable.

Zombine

Banned
This last update has made everyone act insane. It's so annoying. I don't think I've won more than a couple of matches since the rat update because people have become increasingly more stupid.

I_D

Ok.... somebody's gotta know how to fix this.

I've installed Smite on this computer plenty of times and it's never been a problem until now.
I recently formatted and reinstalled Windows, and now Smite won't install.

I get the same errors with either of these files:
smite12eote.png

During install, Smite will put "Smite" and "Hi-Rez Diagnostics and Support" on my desktop, but I immediately get an error.
smite2icofd.png

I've tried all sorts of things:
- Turning off firewall doesn't help
- Running Smite or the Diagnostic without clicking "OK" on the error message doesn't work.
- Copying all the Smite files from a working computer onto my computer doesn't work.
- A brand new reformat and fresh install of Windows doesn't help.
- My .NET is fully updated (can't install old versions)
- Changing the install directory doesn't work.
- Running as admin doesn't work.
- Installing to a different hard drive doesn't work.
- Installing a completely different copy of Windows 7 doesn't work.
- Installing friggin Windows XP doesn't work.

- I've gone into "Services" and can see the Hi-rez program
smite3fiq8j.png

- Forcing it to start doesn't work.
smite4n6r66.png

(Setting it to manual doesn't help either)

When clicking "OK" on the initial error, everything uninstalls, and there's no trace that I ever tried to install the game.

What the heck do I do?

EDIT: Just for kicks, I tried to install Tribes instead. The same errors occur. It's definitely a problem with the Hi-Rez service.

The only thing I haven't tried is a different wireless internet adapter or a direct line into my router. I'm going to try both tomorrow, but I doubt they'll make a different.
I can't imagine that port-forwarding will make a difference, right?

Playing HotS really makes me appreciate the god pack in Smite. I really hate not having access to everyone. It's why I couldn't get into League.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Playing HotS really makes me appreciate the god pack in Smite. I really hate not having access to everyone. It's why I couldn't get into League.

yup the price structure in hots is insane $10 for each champ and trying to buy them with in game gold will take forever even with boosters

Aaron

That doesn't matter so much as the super slow speed of HotS. It's like every hero has two broken legs and a lame horse.

Why are people allergic to actives? Just got done losing an assault vs Athena, Geb, Janus, Awilix, Hou Yi and I'm the only one that got beads.... hell I'm the only one who bought a second active aside from Kumbha.

Aaron

That feeling when one of your teammates abandons immediately, but you win the assault anyway. I tanked up so much as Chaac that Hade's ult was like a warm bath by the end.

patchday

Going to install this game (PC). I like the 3rd person point of view, pricing structure, and concept.

yup the price structure in hots is insane $10 for each champ and trying to buy them with in game gold will take forever even with boosters

Buy heroes on sale for less than $5. Starter pack $5 (3 heroes) and/or the retail starter for $15.99 (dlgamer.com). Next week I'll have bout 10 heroes and I've just started. New accounts earn gold pretty fast and there are daily quests. Still doesn't beat Smite's $30 pack on PC ofc no question bout that. Of course, Dota 2 heroes are all free...

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
yeah but if you want a specific hero you gotta pony up like i had to do i wanted nova, kael thas, lost vikings and tychus (also bought his infested tychus skin because how could you not) blizzards model for how you get heroes is by far the worst out of the mobas leagues isnt even this bad i just feel like they should of went the route of making the heroes fairly cheap and then go nuts with the cosmetic pricing because thats how hi rez and valve got me to be a whale you dont even notice spending the money when you are just buying a skin or what ever every now and then

patchday

ah I always wait for heroes to go on sale. I guess some people cant help themselves and get exploited by the full price ($10 ouch yeah screw that)

Played Smite tutorial it was pretty fun. Looking forward to playing this game more later

Shady859

Turned on the Xbone and remembered I never used my Smite keys.

quote to see a key

edit: probably a horrible time to post this but oh well. Gears Beta thread saying code redemptions are a mess at the moment. :)

zlatko

Banned
As a Preview member, you're invited to play the SMITE Beta! Choose Redeem code to download the Beta for yourself, and give the second to a friend! Your Code: RGHHP-622TD-FD7TQ-KKR64-RKFDZ Code for a friend: K4J3V-47W9D-D6X66-K4Y2Q-2M6KZ

Enjoy GAF.

From me. I have no XB1.

Top Bottom