• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

Kalentan

I transferred my 30 account to xb1 and afaik, I've never played with a 30 on xb1 ever. It seems like every person is playing their first game. I use my headset and talk to them (usually only one talking) but nothing goes through to them at all. Probably just mute me since I end up bitching half the

Is it a match making issue? Cause it's terrible when you go into a match and get low levels on your team and players who are clearly higher level on the enemy team.

drotahorror

Muskateer Freya sounds like Athena. I can deal with that.

They use the same person for a lot of the voices. It's very apparent on the female characters.

Is it a match making issue? Cause it's terrible when you go into a match and get low levels on your team and players who are clearly higher level on the enemy team.

It's a matchmaking and availability issue. There could have just simply not been any other 30's q'ing. Or it could have been a 30 with 2 low level friends playing in a party.

There used to be a site where you could see stats from your games and it would tell if people were in a party. Can't remember it though.

*Sort of found it (not quite the site so if anyone knows...) - http://smite.guru/match/hr/173805914 I'm the Rama on the bottom team down there. That is what happened though. Party 1 had a 30 and a 13. Party 2 had a 30 and an 11. I didn't talk trash, I knew the game was over before it even started.

There are definitely times in the morning where if you queue for something other than Conquest there's a good chance you'll get low levels.

creatchee

To be fair, Anhur is one of the most difficult hunters to play. But that usually doesn't justify feeding.

He's very squishy too (for a hunter, at least), which doesn't help matters - especially with players who don't have a lot of experience with him. Also, given the combo nature of his abilities, it takes way more than spamming a button when the cooldown is over to do good damage.

Impressions of Khepri have been very positive on Reddit.

I feel like he's going to need some tuning.

His two has such a low mana cost that you can spam it with little repercussion.

His ult has a low cd too (not on old Bellona level but). With just cd boots you can get it to about 55 secs. probably needs to be increased somewhat.

Also his ult gives you a lot of stuff (power, movement speed etc). Those numbers will probably come down.

That just seems to be Drybear gods though, great fun to play but a bit overtuned.

Gold/Legend/Diamond Medusa looks seriously great. I'm loving the new style of mastery skins. I've been wanting a Cabrakan skin but I'm not sure about this new one. It's pretty cool but the voice pack is a bit weird.

i-CV2d9W4-1050x10000.jpg

I'm not spending THAT much haha. This is the first time I bought the 8k gem pack. I've got the god pack and occasionally bought like the 30$ gem one, maybe 3 or 4 times since the beta. So I've spent maybe 200 bucks on Smite since the beta.

I spent a lot more on Marvel Heroes. :p

I finally got to play Khrepri, rolled him in Assault.

My team was:

Khepri
Athena
Medusa
Chronos
Aphrodite

I actually felt bad, no one on our team died for about 10 minutes or so, lol. We went 34 and 5. Khepri's passive is way too good.

Khepri is a nightmare for assassins. I dive in to kill a low HP/squishy enemy and he ults them and now I'm just stuck there with my dick in my hand.

Damn, the next patch is really hohum. I don't like any of the skins, no rekits, remodels, or new gods... no major balance changes, no major anything. What?

RIP Smite, time to prep for Paladins (sarcasm).

Someone on Reddit pointed this out:

HiRez PonPon commented in the thread shortly afterward:

"After we posted the artwork it was brought to our attention that there were these similarities. This artwork was made by a 3rd party and we are currently investigating internally what fully happened. In the mean time we have pulled the artwork and are working on brand new artwork.

Sorry for the issues surrounding this.

EDIT: We are currently also looking at Hou Yi to see if there are any issues. We will update you guys as soon as we know if he will be redone or not."

I have discovered Mercury. Whilst I am not convinced of his ultimate value, I really like playing as him.

Aw man, too bad for you. Merc was nerfed after a looong time of being probably the best assassin in the game. He's still pretty good, but not the monster he used to be.

I have discovered Mercury. Whilst I am not convinced of his ultimate value, I really like playing as him.

I love Merc too but he's really hit and miss for me. I'm not a good Merc player so I either destroy with him or get destroyed.

As said above there are better gods doing his role. He does still have some usefulness in 1v1s though so you could run him there with some success.

Hahaha, that's amazing. Reminds me of how before I played Smite I thought it was a Chinese LoL ripoff/clone. Mostly because the only place I had seen it was through banner ads, and those made it look so.... sketchy.

I love Merc too but he's really hit and miss for me. I'm not a good Merc player so I either destroy with him or get destroyed.

As said above there are better gods doing his role. He does still have some usefulness in 1v1s though so you could run him there with some success.

I am not normally very good with Assassins, and yet I can play Merc. I love his kit. I can see why you'd want a Fenrir or Ao Kuang jungling over him, but unless I am playing super srs league I'll happily zoom about with him :D

Also, casual conquest on X1 is atrocious now. Some utter novices against level 30s, it's bizarre.

I've had some decent matches, but recently it's been pretty poor. We had a Ra go 0-12-0 because he just ran into towers, over and over. He wasn't feeding: he ran from the enemy and tried to fight. But it was like he was 6 or something.

I stopped buying skins once I realized the only god I ever play is Winter Olympian Athena :p

You is rockstar!

I was going to argue that I've seen you play Ra-merica and Halloween Chaac, but that was in Assault.

I switch it up pretty often, but I still have my core group of gods that I play best:
Apollo, Janus, Ah Puch, Cabrakan, Sun Wukong, Hercules, and Serqet.

P.S. - I haven't seen you or bleeb online at all this week. :(

drotahorror

Kind of shifted over to xb1 lately. My buddy that I played regularly with has given up on gaming for a bit I guess. At the moment my interest is getting 16 mastered gods so I can play league joust. It's going pretty well, nearly every game I go double digit kills no matter what god. I assume these people are 30, I'm 30.

Can still tell the crowd is young though, they don't understand priorities at all. Mostly how important minions are. They don't realize they rip at low levels, and they don't realize they're worth gold/xp/tickets etc. I'm just mastering Gods in arena. I love Siege but everytime I've played it it feels like a 1v4. Conquest was awful too, people had no clue what was going on, no clue how to build. It seems like a decent amount of people in arena actually know how to build and use their abilities atleast. There is no meta though, people will go 5 physical and not care.

It's alright though, regardless of the framerate and controls. Several things need to be fixed and added though, I could go on and on, but it's w/e.

Special C

How does ELO work? Is it purely based on wins and losses? I'm a little worried because I'm 2 for 7 in qualifying despite playing well above average in all but one game.

drotahorror

I finally got 16 gods mastered on xb1 (doesn't transfer mastery over from PC account). My only interest has been playing League on xb1, the other modes are just full of people who don't know how to play.

I decided to queue up for League Joust. My first opponent was a dude who had 600 hours played on XB1 (that's almost as much as I have on PC but I've been playing for 2 years hah). I thought that was nuts, I smashed him though. Something about League gets me real nervous but it's so satisfying to win.

Gonna be some good games today for the Fall SPL thing - http://www.twitch.tv/smitegame Starts now.

k1t4j

Hello everyone,

I jut got an Xbox One and I started playing this (never played on PC only LoL) do you guys recomend me any characters for a noob?

I am still a bit lost, just hit level 6 and only have the free ones at the moment.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I don't care as much about people who don't know how to play on XB1. That's fine, as long as they try to learn...

it's the QUICK AND READY TO SURRENDER AT A MOMENT'S NOTICE people that I dislike. Ugh. 10 points down in area at 269? SURRENDER! 1 diecide early in the match? SURRENDER! Eesh. Expevially when they're playing late-game-build characters. Your hunter isn't going to be awesome at lvl 6, tough it out, and see if you can turn the tide once you build properly! Good grief.

On a positive note, let me once again state how much I love new Nox. Though along side her, I've been trying to improve my Hunter game, as well. I don't think I've ever been 100 percent satisfied with my Ah Muzen Cab builds (though I love playing him as a disruptive semi-mage with Transcendence), but I love how good he can feel when in a groove. Not nearly as derpy as "Autolanque" though, the hunter that does all the targeting for you! ;)

Hello everyone,

I jut got an Xbox One and I started playing this (never played on PC only LoL) do you guys recomend me any characters for a noob?

I am still a bit lost, just hit level 6 and only have the free ones at the moment.

Mages are pretty easy to start with, since you stand back, attack, and are out of trouble unless you are being targeted by an assassin. Ra is a great starter, he has a bit of everything, and can be very satisfying to play.

Guardians like Athena and Ymir are good too, as they can really withstand damage, and turn the tide for a team if you build them OK.

Just... don't try starting with Assassins, lol. They engage in close combat, and people who know the game better will most likely wreck you at that range.

I think Neith is a decent hunter to start with too, since her skills have a nice amount of tricks to learn, can do basic stuff like stun, give her health, and get her out of trouble really easily.

On a positive note, let me once again state how much I love new Nox. Though along side her, I've been trying to improve my Hunter game, as well. I don't think I've ever been 100 percent satisfied with my Ah Muzen Cab builds (though I love playing him as a disruptive semi-mage with Transcendence), but I love how good he can feel when in a groove. Not nearly as derpy as "Autolanque" though, the hunter that does all the targeting for you! ;)

AMC is one of the harder hunters to use well. His lack of an escape means he is very gankable in conquest and can easily be caught out of position in arena. Personally I can have one game go very well with him and the next go terribly.

That said he can box with the best of them and this makes him very good in 1v1 Joust (up there with Hou Yi).

Special C

Qualifying really doesn't work. I got stuck with some bad teams and went 2-8. Now that I'm in league play I've been able to completely carry my teams to wins and am dominating every match. I'm not saying I'm the greatest player ever because I'm clearly not, but I for sure didn't end up in the right bracket.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
AMC is one of the harder hunters to use well. His lack of an escape means he is very gankable in conquest and can easily be caught out of position in arena. Personally I can have one game go very well with him and the next go terribly.

That said he can box with the best of them and this makes him very good in 1v1 Joust (up there with Hou Yi).

Yup, I know that feeling! Just went 10-2 with him in Joust, while other times I barely make a single kill. His ult is quite great when you can land it reliably.

1 v 1 sounds pretty intimidating, but that's a good point about him, As much as I want to be, I know I'm not the best aim / strafe with a Hunter, so I always feel like if I go into such a match with one, I'll get beat on aim skill, ha. One of the times I wouldn't be wishing I could trade the Hive's HP tick for MP tick...

1 v 1 sounds pretty intimidating, but that's a good point about him, As much as I want to be, I know I'm not the best aim / strafe with a Hunter, so I always feel like if I go into such a match with one, I'll get beat on aim skill, ha. One of the times I wouldn't be wishing I could trade the Hive's HP tick for MP tick...

The only way to get your aim better is to practice. The more you play a hunter (or hunter like mage) the better your aim.

Also 1v1s don't always end up as hunter vs hunter. Assassins can do very well in it and the top 5 gods are actually mages as it currently stands.

Also shield of the underworld and hide of nemean are decent ways to counter hunters 1vs1.

I don't care as much about people who don't know how to play on XB1. That's fine, as long as they try to learn...

it's the QUICK AND READY TO SURRENDER AT A MOMENT'S NOTICE people that I dislike. Ugh. 10 points down in area at 269? SURRENDER! 1 diecide early in the match? SURRENDER! Eesh. Expevially when they're playing late-game-build characters. Your hunter isn't going to be awesome at lvl 6, tough it out, and see if you can turn the tide once you build properly! Good grief.

THIS OH MY GOD THIS. I don't mind newbs, as long as they try and learn.

I do mind people who start surrender votes because they died, even as the team is WINNING.

The redone Chang'e "Sun's Bride" card:

8eca575bf0139d881430b923c5e548dd.png

Hello everyone,

Here's a few recommendations:

Scylla — Mage who does big damage mid-to-late game and, most importantly for a beginner, she has a good escape. Just be careful early in the game because she does mediocre damage and has issues clearing the minions compared to other mages.

Sun Wukong — Warrior who is fun to play and hard to kill. 72 Transformations is one of the coolest skills ever; you can initiate fights with the Tiger stun, disrupt teamfights by knocking enemies into the air with the Ox, and the Eagle is one of the best escapes in the game.

Hun Batz — Assassins are probably the least noob-friendly role, but the good thing about Hun Batz is that he has an amazing teamfight ultimate. He also has pretty good minion clearing ability with his Overhand Smash. So at the very least, you can help your team by clearing waves and using your ult in the middle of a teamfight.

Yes, surrender monkeys are all too common. Give up first blood and so often some shithead teammate will spam the "Good Game!" emote. Thankfully yesterday must have been opposite day because I had an Arena match where my team was getting beat the whole time, and nobody complained, and then we went on to dramatically turn the tide near the end with three consecutive deicides and a Hun Batz quadra kill to win.

k1t4j

Thanks a lot for there info guys, I played some guys today and had some matches with Ra and Wukong.

I have the xbox for about 2 days now and every evening I keep coming back to this game, it got me good :D

drotahorror

Troll Thor is Troll. This happened to me.. I can't even...

http://xboxclips.com/Special+C/6a864227-55a6-44e8-99cf-b0bda0735885

Definitely would have plugged my headset in and unleashed some anger.

Speaking of Xbox Smite...

Was playing this morning (lvl 30 account), I called Solo, my team picked 3 hunters and Hel, I was Chang'e. Rama was gonna jungle, he helped me kill buffs and whatnot like a good lil jungler. He then wouldn't leave my lane, so I said on the mic that I'll just jungle.

Duo lane is getting pooped on, so I head over there, dive a tower and kill other teams ADC.

Our Apollo (duo lane) immediately told me to get out of his lane and that I need to stick to my lane. Actually went on about it for a good 60 seconds.

Needless to say it was a loss. Other team had a solid comp built around the meta and seemed to know what they were doing. Pretty sure my team didn't.

Top Bottom