• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

Special C

I'm getting a chest roll for every FWotD starting with 5 again today. I wonder if it was still like that yesterday but I stopped after 5.

drotahorror

Been using odin today for the first time. Went 6-1 with him overall and hit mastered rank 1. He's actually pretty fun to use.

I like Odin, he's just bad though. Very niche pick, your team has to be designed around him. I liked old Odin better. His new kit is fine, but it falls off so much mid-late game and he has no hard CC.

I kind of wish Hi Rez would just go through a massive rebalancing/rework patch. Fix Zeus, Mercury, Odin, Guan, to name a few.

I got 6 wins yesterday/today on 2 different accounts. No extra roll after the 5th.

Korosenai

I like Odin, he's just bad though. Very niche pick, your team has to be designed around him. I liked old Odin better. His new kit is fine, but it falls off so much mid-late game and he has no hard CC.

I kind of wish Hi Rez would just go through a massive rebalancing/rework patch. Fix Zeus, Mercury, Odin, Guan, to name a few.

I got 6 wins yesterday/today on 2 different accounts. No extra roll after the 5th.
Yeah I can agree with this. Late game there is nothing I can do as Odin, and he's very predictable since all he can pretty much do is jump in for big damage which is easily avoidable.

For those of you with the SPL ticket you can now vote on the Brazil Pro League. Week 4 kicks off next Saturday so there will be 4 total weeks to gain some extra fp, a possible 320 fp.

Korosenai

For those of you with the SPL ticket you can now vote on the Brazil Pro League. Week 4 kicks off next Saturday so there will be 4 total weeks to gain some extra fp, a possible 320 fp.
Who are some favorites to win? Just bought the season ticket this morning.

I also have 1,000 fp already, which means I should have the new Nemesis skin unlocked, but it's still showing as locked. Anyone else having this issue?

drotahorror

Has the LATAM Pro League always been there to vote on? I just now noticed it :/ I had only been doing the Oceania pro league and SPL fall split.

I've just been going by the records when it comes SA teams. I know nothing about any of those teams. I've done very well with the Oceania votes though. I'm 12-4 for voting on those.

I also have 1,000 fp already, which means I should have the new Nemesis skin unlocked, but it's still showing as locked. Anyone else having this issue?

I have no idea about the Brazil league and little knowledge about the Oceanic one (top 3 are Chiefs, Kamikaze and Dire Wolves). If you want a good idea about the NA/EU league I'd check out Incon. He's the support for AFK and every week before the games (usually Wednesday) he talks through his picks. He's often right apart form surprise upsets. Just search incon on youtube.

EDIT: Not kamikaze, Avant Garde are the third team.

For the Nem skin, did you get via fp points from the SPL or from winning a match? If it's via the SPL then I'd suggest relogging, if you won a match and it didn't unlock then that's strange, things always unlock straight away for me. I'd send in a ticket in that case.

Has the LATAM Pro League always been there to vote on? I just now noticed it :/ I had only been doing the Oceania pro league and SPL fall split.

The LATAM league showed up at the same time as the Brazil one but it's finished so we didn't get a chance to vote on it.

Korosenai

I have no idea about the Brazil league and little knowledge about the Oceanic one (top 3 are Chiefs, Kamikaze and Dire Wolves). If you want a good idea about the NA/EU league I'd check out Incon. He's the support for AFK and every week before the games (usually Wednesday) he talks through his picks. He's often right apart form surprise upsets. Just search incon on youtube.

EDIT: Not kamikaze, Avant Garde are the third team.

For the Nem skin, did you get via fp points from the SPL or from winning a match? If it's via the SPL then I'd suggest relogging, if you won a match and it didn't unlock then that's strange, things always unlock straight away for me. I'd send in a ticket in that case.

The LATAM league showed up at the same time as the Brazil one but it's finished so we didn't get a chance to vote on it.
I just bought the season ticket this morning on Xbox. I have 1860 fp alone from just wins so far. It says nemesis skin is unlocked yet I can't use it.

I just bought the season ticket this morning on Xbox. I have 1860 fp alone from just wins so far. It says nemesis skin is unlocked yet I can't use it.

If you bought it this morning how do you have 1860 fp already? I'm pretty sure it's not retroactive with wins on pc.

In the main menu, can you bring up the ticket ui and click on the reward tab, it should show how close you are to your next reward. If it does indeed say you have 1860 then I would send in a support ticket.

Just to make sure there will be nothing for you to click to unlock it, when you're in a match lobby you will be able to select it there, you can try it in jungle practice if you want a quick check.

Edit: Just seen a post on the reddit, apparently it is retroactive on Xbox

drotahorror

Edit: Just seen a post on the reddit, apparently it is retroactive on Xbox

Oh that's how it works?

This was from someone from hirez on their forums -

"Since we are a bit tardy in getting Season Ticket out in Xbox we will be giving people who purchase Season Ticket Fantasy Points for historical wins (wins after Season ticket was available on PC) up to the patch go live date. "

If it was retroactive I should have had well over 3k since I have the kuku skin on my xb1 account. I either got dicked or something's not right.

Oh that's how it works?

This was from someone from hirez on their forums -

"Since we are a bit tardy in getting Season Ticket out in Xbox we will be giving people who purchase Season Ticket Fantasy Points for historical wins (wins after Season ticket was available on PC) up to the patch go live date. "

If it was retroactive I should have had well over 3k since I have the kuku skin on my xb1 account. I either got dicked or something's not right.

Did you port your account from pc over to xbox? If so that may have messed up your ability to get retroactive wins to count.

Yeah I ported it over. That's crazy that some people already have 10k points on xb1. Just reading some forum posts. People are nuts.

The highest I've ever personally seen (on pc) is over 17k. If they didn't buy some of those points then they spend a worrying amount of time in smite.

Special C

Is FP spent on exclusive items you only get with FP or is it the same stuff you can get with Gems? Is the bundle with the 1000 FP worth it?

Is FP spent on exclusive items you only get with FP or is it the same stuff you can get with Gems? Is the bundle with the 1000 FP worth it?

There are exclusive skins only available from the fp ticket. You also get a player icon, two voice packs and some chest rolls at other tiers of fp.

You have until the SWC to gain your fp. This starts sometime in January so you can definitely get some of the way there without buying.

Personally I'd say buy it and work your way as far as you can then if you're short you can buy the fp you need the day before it goes away.

drotahorror

Beyond the god pack which is the best valued paid DLC ever available in a MOBA, the season ticket imo, is the 2nd best that I've seen.

You get numerous chest rolls that'll give you skins/VP's/etc, along with 4 skins, a neat border (that gets old quick!) and some announcer packs (instead of the normal guy saying TRIIIIPPLLEEE KILL, it'll be Agni or Nox).

For 300 gems it's a steal. You gain FP by guessing correctly who wins in various fall splits/pro leagues, and gain 15fp per win. I've got over 7k on PC playing casually, to none at all for weeks.

Korosenai

Khepri is so fun. Won two games with him just now, it's great having a hunter with you to do some good dps on the enemy when you use Abduct.

I started with 3900 FP and all my awards say unlocked but I can't get to any of them and I have no chest rolls.

For the chest rewards you should be able to go to the rewards section and there will be a tab there called spl. All your chest should be there to unlock.

If this doesn't work and you still can't find the skins you should have then you'll have to send in a support ticket.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
My first Khepri play in joust, any my team is... 2 assassins. Loki and Arachne. Erm... But we won! Enemies gave up. So wonderfully tanky. A nd being able to redeem suicide rushes is great.

My first MOTD was as Nox alonside Khepri in Arena. That was fun! Like playing alongside a solid Athena.

Rising dawn is gettingn Nerfed, eh? Love the low cost for now, not for spam per se, but because it's a nice last-ditch, almost-outta mp skill.

Looking forward to playing him more, good to have a new Guardian!

Speaking of guardians, I've been playing Geb since I got the G.E.B. 1 skin from the summer chest this weekend. I used to think he was boring, but after playing him some more I really appreciate his effect on the battlefield. His whole kit is super useful — his 1 grants him probably the best mobility of any guardian, his 2 is great for spamming and for CC combos, his ult is awesome of course, and his 3 is the star of the show because it's probably the strongest non-ultimate defensive skill in the game. Khepri's ult is definitely the most bullshit defensive skill since it's a true "get out of jail free card," but Geb's shield is in second place. It also has a pretty short CD when you build CDR and it really shuts down gods like Anubis who rely on lockdown.

8mHhUpj.png

Honestly I didn't expect them to do it! As a regular Steam user (what PC gamer isn't at this point?) this makes me happy. You will be able to use Steam Wallet funds to buy gems. :)

Also, here's the first (known) orchestra cover of Smite music:

SMITE by Mus'Art Wind Orchestra

And finally, the god reveal video for Xing Tian is out:

SMITE - God Reveal - Xing Tian, The Relentless

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
just played him holy shit hes so broken i couldnt die and i broke 45k damage in 15 minutes he replaced ares as my fun damage tank

Xing Tian feels so much better than Khepri to me. Khepri's initiate just isn't as good.

Blink in with Xing, do your dmg and even if they have a dash of some kind you still have your 3 to stay with them and finish them off. I'll probably end up playing him a lot like I do Ymir.

Khepri is just there for cc and the ult, you're not bringing any damage to the table.

That said Khepri will probably see a lot more use in the pro scene (there's a possibility Xing could be used in the solo).

Don't forget Khepri's passive. While it may not save you from a Scylla ult, it's a great anti-harassment shield and lets you absorb minion hits during a gank.

I only got to play 1 match last night and it was against a Xing. He did 36k damage and was generally a nightmare to fight against. Seems like a very strong bruiser for sure.

I only got to play 1 match last night and it was against a Xing. He did 36k damage and was generally a nightmare to fight against. Seems like a very strong bruiser for sure.

The general consensus seems to be build dmg. He doesn't have much peel outside of the ult so he ain't a great tank. You just initiate, do half their health and let your damage dealers finish them off.

Matchmaking was pushing Bamelin and me to our limits last night. It clearly wants us to step up our game. Matched against 2 incredible teams in a row.

Match 1. Draft-wise, their team was nothing special. The problem was that all 5 of them were really damn good. Sobek did a great job of initiating and peeling, and if you managed to get past him you had to get through a Nox and Neith who never seemed to miss their attacks. Their positioning was amazing; they would fall back as soon as I would initiate, and then they'd retaliate and catch one of us out of position and focus them down. As Hercules I could never seem to get close enough to use my combo without losing most of my HP. However, and I still don't fully understand how, we managed to win with an amazing comeback rally. An important thing was that even when we were getting dominated in the beginning, none of our teammates bitched about it or gave up. And it was very satisfying that our poor Anhur, who had been getting picked off all game, got the winning kill.

Match 2. Individually, these opponents were not quite as skilled as the first team, but they made up for it with a ridiculous wombo combo of ults. It was just one of those games where you feel helpless from the start. Xing and Odin made sure I never got close to their squishies without paying for it. And unfortunately my team didn't have the resolve of the first game. Our Serqet started flaming us and rage quit 3/4 of the way through the game. Xing was basically unkillable and did more damage than their Ah Puch. That god is crazy.

Korosenai

What in the actual fuck is going on with matchmaking today. I'm consistently getting terrible teammates while the other team is stacked with people who have 8,000+ fp.

Two games in a row were awful especially. Lost an arena by one point, then played a joust where both of my teammates decided not to play because I accidentally took the mana drop from them.
Yeah, next diamond for me is gonna be Ah Puch after Hades. He's easily the most fun god in the game to me right now.

Drybear come back!
What build(s) do you use for Hades? I've always wanted to try him out.

Match 2. Individually, these opponents were not quite as skilled as the first team, but they made up for it with a ridiculous wombo combo of ults. It was just one of those games where you feel helpless from the start. Xing and Odin made sure I never got close to their squishies without paying for it. And unfortunately my team didn't have the resolve of the first game. Our Serqet started flaming us and rage quit 3/4 of the way through the game. Xing was basically unkillable and did more damage than their Ah Puch. That god is crazy.

I see your problem in that second game, I wasn't your SWK. My 3, Bam's ult, works every time!

What in the actual fuck is going on with matchmaking today. I'm consistently getting terrible teammates while the other team is stacked with people who have 8,000+ fp.

FP isn't really any indication of a players skill. It usually just means they play alot as most people have around 50% win rate. Also that's not taking in the fact that they may have bought some of that fp.

It depends whether you want a tanky Hades or a damage Hades. He isn't the greatest tank though, you're better off thinking about him as a tanky mage.

Ethereal Staff is great on him imo, pen boots, some cd either in the form of Chronos' Pendant or Breastplate of Valour if you're fighting phys gods. Without some form of cd I personally find it tricky balancing his wave clear and buff clear.

Smite: How to Freya

lol

I see your problem in that second game, I wasn't your SWK. My 3, Bam's ult, works every time!

That is most definitely a great combo. I bet it's also good with Geb's rollout. Gotta try that sometime...

And damn, checking Bamelin's profile: created on 7/28/2012. Is he the most O.G. Smite-GAF member? Mine was made on 9/10/2012... man oh man how time flies. It's really been 3 years since beta?!!

I always build him as a tanky mage. Basically just a lot of magical power items with 1-2 defensive/health/counter items. So lots of power, health, and protections based on comp.

Items I like on him:

Warlock's Sash
Bancroft's Talon
Breastplate of Valor
Ethereal Staff

Then typical mage items work fine on him too. Rod of Tahuti, Chronos' Pendant, Spear of Magus/Obsidian Shard.

And of course, always get Shield of Underworld.

I know a lot of defensive items recently got buffed. Not sure if they're any good on him. Mail of Renewal, Helmet, etc. I've never used these as they were always bad before, lol.

drotahorror

Just encountered some genuine losers. Calling people the N word, retards, etc. They start the game off saying they're going to afk and that we need to carry them 3v5 and that we're spicks.

They've been doing this since atleast August 22nd. Hi rez does not give a fuck about this game.

https://account.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/stats.aspx?player=DonaldTTrump2016

https://account.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/stats.aspx?player=ByeahSimulator2

Look at their recent matches. All 0's, they haven't done shit in any matches. This is bad for your game hirez, I hope you read some of gaf sometimes.

Korosenai

Anyone here use Zeus? Been looking for a good build for him.

FP isn't really any indication of a players skill. It usually just means they play alot as most people have around 50% win rate. Also that's not taking in the fact that they may have bought some of that fp.

It depends whether you want a tanky Hades or a damage Hades. He isn't the greatest tank though, you're better off thinking about him as a tanky mage.

Ethereal Staff is great on him imo, pen boots, some cd either in the form of Chronos' Pendant or Breastplate of Valour if you're fighting phys gods. Without some form of cd I personally find it tricky balancing his wave clear and buff clear.

I always build him as a tanky mage. Basically just a lot of magical power items with 1-2 defensive/health/counter items. So lots of power, health, and protections based on comp.

Items I like on him:

Warlock's Sash
Bancroft's Talon
Breastplate of Valor
Ethereal Staff

Then typical mage items work fine on him too. Rod of Tahuti, Chronos' Pendant, Spear of Magus/Obsidian Shard.

And of course, always get Shield of Underworld.

I know a lot of defensive items recently got buffed. Not sure if they're any good on him. Mail of Renewal, Helmet, etc. I've never used these as they were always bad before, lol.
Cool, going to make a build for him now.

Liberty4all

Banned
Smite: How to Freya

lol

That is most definitely a great combo. I bet it's also good with Geb's rollout. Gotta try that sometime...

And damn, checking Bamelin's profile: created on 7/28/2012. Is he the most O.G. Smite-GAF member? Mine was made on 9/10/2012... man oh man how time flies. It's really been 3 years since beta?!!

When I started I think there were 10 gods and Smite could be run on a Commodore 64. The days before Athena released were dark indeed. lol

Top Bottom