• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

creatchee

Speaking of Xbox Smite...

Was playing this morning (lvl 30 account), I called Solo, my team picked 3 hunters and Hel, I was Chang'e. Rama was gonna jungle, he helped me kill buffs and whatnot like a good lil jungler. He then wouldn't leave my lane, so I said on the mic that I'll just jungle.

Duo lane is getting pooped on, so I head over there, dive a tower and kill other teams ADC.

Our Apollo (duo lane) immediately told me to get out of his lane and that I need to stick to my lane. Actually went on about it for a good 60 seconds.

Needless to say it was a loss. Other team had a solid comp built around the meta and seemed to know what they were doing. Pretty sure my team didn't.

Just Smite on Xbox things. I only play on Xbox so I know and feel you lol

I've seen a lot of of Xbox ranked streams lately and I don't think I'd want to play with that community, at least not right now lol. Still got a lot of learning to do over there.

But boy I bet the game is fun to play with a controller.

Special C

On Xbox. Got a League conquest game in 30 seconds, everybody had mics and were talking and we were getting good picks. Some guy on the other team didn't pick a god so it re-queue'd me and now I've been waiting for 20 minutes.....

Those Arena games where you have to spend 80% of the time killing minions because your team ignores them...

Pro tip: Minion kills account for a lot of points in Arena.

Those Arena games where you have to spend 80% of the time killing minions because your team ignores them...

Pro tip: Minion kills account for a lot of points in Arena.

Have you played the motd today? It's arena but the minions hardly matter except to level and for gold.

Basically first to 30 kills.

Korosenai

Is Xbalanque a top tier God? Because every time I use him I just get a crazy amount of kills.

In my like, 10th arena game I've ever played, I got a penta kill with him.

Korosenai

He is definitely a top tier hunter in Arena. Not sure about Conquest though, since I never play it.
Last four conquest games combined with him I've gone 73-20, all wins as well.

He is my favorite character so far hands down. Tried Rama which I read is better and just didn't like him at all.

Last four conquest games combined with him I've gone 73-20, all wins as well.

He is my favorite character so far hands down. Tried Rama which I read is better and just didn't like him at all.

Yeah I don't like Rama either.

Apollo is a great hunter. His passive lets you shred towers (and enemies) down and his ult lets you split push really well because if a gank comes you can just gtfo.

Neith is also good, but a little one-dimensional. Backflip, root, kill.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Is Xbalanque a top tier God? Because every time I use him I just get a crazy amount of kills.

In my like, 10th arena game I've ever played, I got a penta kill with him.

Autolanque! *ahem* I always have a bit of dislike for him, because he gets so much "for free", and that full screen presence ULT is so effective at crushing disorganized teams.

He really feels like a benefit to his team, no mater who'se playing him, and I also feel he's top tier in many ways.

Yeah I don't like Rama either.

Apollo is a great hunter. His passive lets you shred towers (and enemies) down and his ult lets you split push really well because if a gank comes you can just gtfo.

Neith is also good, but a little one-dimensional. Backflip, root, kill.

Rama felt so dull to me when I first tried him. As I get to know him, I feel like he requires a lot of finess, and his Ult can be great at securing kills from safe areas, without sacrificing yourself (such as with Apollo).

Apollo is so hit-or miss. Unlike Xbalanque, it's normally a tossup as to wheither a random Apollo will really be a benefit, or a gloryhound.

I never understand the talking down of Neith. Weaves + her 1 = AOE Stun is such a solid tool, not met by too many other characters. And the fact weaves work with everything (even her ult!) is something I feel newbies to her sleep on. I hate watching people waste her ult as a quickie second stun, rather than as a kill securing uber-tool.

The fact she has multiple tools that can pelt at people around their own towers just feels great to me. Most hunters only have 1 reliable option, but she can do life steal and her straight-shot, all without risking her life.

I'm loving AMC again, myself. Been really trying to use him to up my Hunter Skill, and it's too much fun disarming teams and using that amazingly quick-to-regen ult, if everything lands right. Now if only I could get into League Conquest matches to get Solid Hornet... I feel like everyone who has him on Xbox One must have boosted, lol. Looking for games is SO SLOW.

Just got my first diamond mastery. Did on Sun Wukong. Now I'll probably go and try different styles of gods. Merc and Ullr come to mind.

That said Ymir is mastery lv7 so it shouldn't be too hard to get him to lv10...

Just picked this up on X1 a few days ago. It's silly fun, especially on X1 where nobody chats and everyone seems to just do their own thing. Seems like the non-conquest modes lend themselves to the console environment pretty well.

Is it just me, or are X1 players hyper-aggressive to their own detriment? It seems like if you just play slightly cautious, or don't lone-wolf everything, you can actually do pretty well by fiat?

New players tend to be hyper-aggressive, usually not really getting the MOBA way of doing things.

There are plenty of good X1 players, but there are a lot of bad ones...!

New players tend to be hyper-aggressive, usually not really getting the MOBA way of doing things.

And then you get all the way to the other side, when you start facing teams of really good players who are super aggressive. Those are the scariest teams to go up against. If you also have a good team though it makes for the most fun games ever. I've had a few of them this weekend; constant mayhem from minute 1.

From the patch notes:

Fenrir Ragnarok:
a2ksmJh.png

Xing Tian:
DBJVZxt.png

Xing Tian's ult looks really good.

Event thing this weekend too. 25 gems per first win and every 5 first wins gets you a free chest it seems.

drotahorror

Has anyone been having random lag sometimes? Like warping around and whatnot? I've actually seen the same thing happen to a couple streamers lately too. This isn't hirez though, for me and a couple of friends (diff ISP's) it seems to be internet wide.

SMITE Endless Summer Event - August 28th - 30th

Ohh man, stoked for the 100 gem voice packs but this weekend is gonna be such a shit show. These events always bring out the absolute worst in people — especially when you need to win in order to get a prize. Queue with caution my friends.

Has anyone been having random lag sometimes? Like warping around and whatnot? I've actually seen the same thing happen to a couple streamers lately too. This isn't hirez though, for me and a couple of friends (diff ISP's) it seems to be internet wide.

Yeah I've been having more lag than usual. On Monday it was unplayable; both teams in my Arena match were just standing there because we were lagging so hard. Not sure what the deal is.

There's actually been some trouble in the stream going on now. The games have already happened so the stream is using the spectator mode and it is dropping out every now and then due to problems with the servers.

Earlier today I was looking at my stats and saw I was on a win streak. I said to myself, "Get ready for the losses!"

Figured I'd play a game before bed. I get a team that doesn't work together at all, our Thor and Ra start arguing and insulting each other, and we get matched against a cohesive 4 stack that completely destroys us from minute 1. MM definitely set me up for the L on that one. We had a 0% chance of winning.

Special C

Promised my wife a dinner and a movie date tonight, and got a baby shower on Saturday. Going to be tryharding my butt off this weekend to get at least 5 wins in each day.

drotahorror

Wonder if they'll ever fix the win of the day gem glitch. Basically when they're doing gems for first win of the days, you don't get them til you've won a couple games.

Xing Tian's god page is up:

http://www.smitegame.com/promo/god-reveal/xing-tian/

Promised my wife a dinner and a movie date tonight, and got a baby shower on Saturday. Going to be tryharding my butt off this weekend to get at least 5 wins in each day.

My strategy: Make sure she has plenty of wine at dinner tonight, and after you finish your adult playtime and she falls asleep, proceed to play Smite all night. ;) The night crowd is better anyway since most of the youngsters are asleep (this is true for most online multiplayer games I've played).

Wonder if they'll ever fix the win of the day gem glitch. Basically when they're doing gems for first win of the days, you don't get them til you've won a couple games.

Yeah I've noticed that too. Seems like a simple thing to fix...

Just a heads up, for today every fwotd after your fourth will give you a summer chest roll, so you can get up to 4 if you get a win in every mode: https://twitter.com/SmiteGame/status/637277104472752129

Oh man, GL HF everyone. People are gonna be trying really hard to get those wins, so the nerd rage is gonna be off the charts this weekend.

Oh man, GL HF everyone. People are gonna be trying really hard to get those wins, so the nerd rage is gonna be off the charts this weekend.

I managed to get my first chest from only 6 games and was going to leave it there but that is tempting.

I'm definitely not going to bother with league conquest but standard conquest and seige are still available.

Korosenai

Winning an assault solo is impossible. You always get the worst teammates, and the other team always get the perfect team comp. it's frustrating.

drotahorror

Wow that's bs. My friend was trying to get the wins of the day, we have 30 minutes to get win #5 (daily reset 5am). Now it said servers are going down in 30 minutes. It kicked us out of queue and now we can't even log in. I thought it was 30minutes, not 30 seconds yo. Just wanted to help my buddy get these wins.

Got Bellona and Kali recolors but also Kawaii Bastet and Fenrir VP from my chests today. Can't complain.

Anhur Olympian, Neith recolor, and Neith Ms Diagnosis - PC
Athena recolor, Awilix VP, some other recolor can't remember - xb1

Wow that's bs. My friend was trying to get the wins of the day, we have 30 minutes to get win #5 (daily reset 5am). Now it said servers are going down in 30 minutes. It kicked us out of queue and now we can't even log in. I thought it was 30minutes, not 30 seconds yo. Just wanted to help my buddy get these wins.

It's going down again? I was hoping to get some of my wins out of the way early today...

At least I don't live in or around Australia, think it's peak time for them.

Got Bellona and Kali recolors but also Kawaii Bastet and Fenrir VP from my chests today. Can't complain.

Only got two chests but I received Blind Rage Nem and Vulcan voice pack.

Liberty4all

Banned

P.S. - I haven't seen you or bleeb online at all this week. :(

I'm kinda burned out on Smite but still do love the game.

Personal stuff in my life been taking priority ...ive been looking for work in my field for 6 months and just got a job offer (6 month contract) but its located in Vancouver (I live in Toronto). If I go I doubt ill be able to take my PC. Kinda bummed ill really miss Smite.

I decided to play Conquest for the first win gems. I haven't played Conquest since the old map; it's been like 2 years since I played it regularly. Oh man, I don't know how you guys do it. 4 games so far... 4 surrenders. I feel like I'm getting matched against players way above my skill level. And with anger problems.

I'm kinda burned out on Smite but still do love the game.

Personal stuff in my life been taking priority ...ive been looking for work in my field for 6 months and just got a job offer (6 month contract) but its located in Vancouver (I live in Toronto). If I go I doubt ill be able to take my PC. Kinda bummed ill really miss Smite.

No worries. I've taken several long breaks from Smite. It (and we) will be here when you return! Make that money
XKyXd10.gif

So how did everyone do this weekend? My haul was pretty good! I unlocked:

Awilix VP
Scylla VP
Isis VP
Xbalanque VP
Anhur VP
Ymir VP
Geb VP

and got G.E.B. 1 and Hou Yi recolor skin from the free chest rolls.

Oh yeah there was a gem weekend huh. I totally forgot about that. Oh well.

UGH. Wasn't there a sale too? They've been having a bunch lately. I swear when I don't play they do all the cool stuff. Then I come back and spend too much money. :(

http://www.smitegame.com/this-weekend-endless-summer/

25 gems for each first win of the day + free summer chest roll if you get 5 first wins. You missed the 50% off voice pack and certain skin sale for the Greek, Mayan, Norse, and Egyptian pantheons, but you can still catch the sale for Roman, Hindu, and Chinese gods today!

Top Bottom