• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

From reddit thread about the scalper prices

tFQjZWp.png

tenor.gif

I had a lot going on yesterday so I wasn't on the Internet at all hours of the day, guess I'm just SOL from ever getting a product I actually wanted to play and enjoy. Thanks Nintendo.

Dimentios

Since scalpers sell the products back to the people who desperately want one, collectors who buy a second one just to collect dust in their personal museum are the real problem here.

I had a lot going on yesterday so I wasn't on the Internet at all hours of the day, guess I'm just SOL from ever getting a product I actually wanted to play and enjoy. Thanks Nintendo.

You mean you weren't online at 4am? I dunno how you expect to ever find a console. :p

..yeah, this whole thing sucks. Why can't they just announce a preorder time so everyone has a chance?

my guess is that everyone who ordered from amazon should be sweatin until its actually in your hands

same as all orders tbh CAN'T TRUST NINTENDO OUT HYEA

Word yea I get that. I'm just wondering if the listing was legit. Doesn't even have a picture and now when u try to go on it you see that Amazon Dog page

AdanVC

Then it seems you are getting frustrated about something you have decided not to buy, since it seems latamel is your only choice

The SNES is my favorite gaming console ever and the fact I would not be able to get one either because they sold out or are gonna be extremely expensive makes me salty, I'll admit. Right now I'm just hoping for a miracle once preorders go live here in Mexico D:

From reddit thread about the scalper prices

tFQjZWp.png

Nice. Very nice lol

Since scalpers sell the products back to the people who desperately want one, collectors who buy a second one just to collect dust in their personal museum are the real problem here.
No, the 'real problem' is the company producing the product and how they go about distributing. Nintendo emboldens all of the scalpers and the fallout from their all important scarcity.

BouncyFrag

"We're sending 2 trucks for Black Friday, and 3 trucks for Christmas. They'll be traveling to random North American cities. Your only chance will be to intercept them and defeat the drviers in Mad Max style vehicular combat. Please enjoy."
Decoy trucks will also hit the streets too.

JayBabay

You mean so all the bots can be ready?

Yeah, I'll never understand this. Everyone sees what happens when they tell you exactly when it will go live, it sells out in 1-2 minutes instead of 15-20 minutes. Just set up alerts and follow Wario64 on Twitter as many, many people here have suggested and you give yourself a way better chance than going up against the chaos the ensues when everyone is trying at once, bots included.

This has finally motivated me to get my RetroPie going. Going to put it in a "SNES" case. I really wanted to get a SNES Classic, but this is ridiculous, and the NES Classic experience was bad enough the last go round.

Good luck to all who are going to continue trying to get one.

RxzPaBE.jpg

O8uBmGB.jpg

This has finally motivated me to get my RetroPie going. Going to put it in a "SNES" case. I really wanted to get a SNES Classic, but this is ridiculous, and the NES Classic experience was bad enough the last go round.

RxzPaBE.jpg

O8uBmGB.jpg

Ha I already ordered a regular case for my Pi 3, but I saw that one.. let me know how it is please.

JayBabay

This has finally motivated me to get my RetroPie going. Going to put it in a "SNES" case. I really wanted to get an SNES Classic, but this is ridiculous, and the NES Classic experience was bad enough the last go round.

Make sure you add a power button to it, because that's one annoying thing about most of the Raspberry Pi cases, they usually don't have one with it.

RxzPaBE.jpg

O8uBmGB.jpg

What exactly is that little fan for? The Raspberry Pi doesn't really get hot.

What exactly is that little fan for? The Raspberry Pi doesn't really get hot.

Yeah, it could get by with just the little heatsinks on the Pi, but the airflow won't hurt. A friend has a Pi 3 in a case with a fan, and the heat sinks don't even get warm (granted, they only get slightly warm in a case with no fan).

Pikma

Banned
Amazon wouldn't leave people waiting 5 days like Walmart before addressing if it's official or not, right..?
Numerous reps have confirmed the orders will be fulfilled, what I could see them changing tho is adding a limited number of units per customer (i.e. 1 or 2)

when I went to gamestop today, a guy jumped out of his car and left it parked in the middle of the street in the parking lot in order to beat me into the store.(we all got one anyway). This person was willing to risk a several hundred dollar ticket for one of these lol

Hah I thought the same thing. Air holes on the bottom which will be blocked by whatever the unit is sitting on so even if it did get hot there's nowhere for the airflow to go. Poor design.

There's feet on the bottom corners of the unit so the holes won't be sitting flush on whatever surface it is on. That said, I have a feeling that little fan will make an annoying noise and I will take it out anyway - it definitely isn't needed.

22MhURL.jpg

Ah yes, scalpers are really just modern day Aladdins.

Hmmm I didn't know scalpers didn't pay for the items they're scalping.

If they're willing to risk their cash for scalping then they were never worried about feeding their families to begin with.

There's pretty much zero risk with the return policies all US retailers have. Even less than zero risk when we're talking about the SNES classic which will undoubtedly fetch a profit.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Over the last 24 hours I have learned that some people will defend Nintendo for anything.

cordy

Banned
Yeah I talked to an Amazon rep about my order and they confirmed that it's legit, I'll get it on release date and I'll be fine. They said the reason the page is down is because they're out of the product. So yeah this is a bit different from Walmart. Then again like stated we gotta wait until it's in our hands lol.

hitme

Any update to what the Amazon "preorder" thing was late last night? I got one, but when I try to go to the product page, it's gone.

Nvm, just read cordy's post.

Neff

Toys R Us announced via Twitter that they will NOT be doing online reserves and it will be a first-come-first serve basis on the day of release. They don't give a fuck about human lives.

More (if not all) stores should be doing this. People who genuinely want it will go out of their way to get it. Scalpers aren't going to drive to a store and possibly wait in line for a one-off entrepreneurial opportunity.

chrono01

More (if not all) stores should be doing this. People who genuinely want it will go out of their way to get it. Scalpers aren't going to drive to a store and possibly wait in line for a one-off entrepreneurial opportunity.
You underestimate them, they are a mysterious breed. :/

Pikma

Banned
They'll build robots so that they can wait in line for them

A few hours wait to flip something at 2x+ the cost is still enticing. Especially knowing how in demand the nes classic was/is. The SNES classic is probably like a scalpers dream at the moment.

Yeah I talked to an Amazon rep about my order and they confirmed that it's legit, I'll get it on release date and I'll be fine. They said the reason the page is down is because they're out of the product. So yeah this is a bit different from Walmart. Then again like stated we gotta wait until it's in our hands lol.

I wonder if for every wave of Minis they get, they'll be creating a different order page to counteract bot programs. That's going to be a complete crapshoot ordering one off amazon if that's the case.

Top Bottom