• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

3 UK SNES, 1 US SNES.

Prolly keep one and sell the other 3.

Ow_the_edge.jpg

dafodeu

I had to do the same thing as the POS servers were fucked. He added me as a new customer with the exact same contact info. You should be fine. Power up accounts are tied to phone numbers too.

Thanks, he didn't mention the system was down. But when I put the powerup rewards number on the website to finish setting up a new account it says account already created but I can't seem to recover it.

mjc

Thanks, he didn't mention the system was down. But when I put the powerup rewards number on the website to finish setting up a new account it says account already created but I can't seem to recover it.

Looking at my receipt, I don't have a power up account on it.

If I were you I would just stop in store and make sure everything is kosher.

NolbertoS

Are script bots going to be a thing from now on I wonder ? I followed links today as soon as they were announced and the sites were already sold out. That's faster than anything I've seen before and I'm usually pretty good at getting LE items before they sell out. Today feels a little insane .

I think for all things CE and unless companies don't change a webpage, script bots might be the latest weapon to buying Nintendo CE's, that or release CE's at midnight when half the country is asleep.

I'll say it again, I'm incredibly happy I happened to be up last night for the Best Buy preorders. I was tempted to get a second today in case I somehow had that one canceled (although I jumped on it almost immediately and got my confirmation soon after). The situation sucks for people who legitimately wanted one. Seriously, fuck scalpers. If Nintendo can't be bothered to make more than enough, I wish retailers could somehow enforce limited amounts per customer and detecting bots. Asking for the impossible on both fronts. Good luck to anyone still on the hunt whenever the next batch comes out.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
My apologies, I thought this was a thread where we talked about getting preorders and what we planned to do with them.

I wonder if you're actually this socially tone deaf or just trying to get a rise out of folks. Lord knows I have no problem selling things on eBay, but its kind of lame to boast about how many you're going to sell when so many have none. You really don't see how this would bother some folks?

Anyway, I hope there are many resupplies so all can have one. And N better not cease production again!

I wonder if you're actually this socially tone deaf or just trying to get a rise out of folks. Lord knows I have no problem selling things on eBay, but its kind of lame to boast about how many you're going to sell when so many have none. You really don't see how this would bother some folks?

Anyway, I hope there are many resupplies so all can have one. And N better not cease production again!

At this point that's really what I am hoping... that they'll try to fulfill foreseeable demand rather than force it to be a rare collector's item.

GAF should I be concerned with my Gamestop preorder?

I ordered in store but he didn't put the preorder on my powerup rewards pro card. The receipt says my correct name and number but it isn't the correct powerup account number. I can't log into the account on gamestop's website and it says the powerup reward number has already been activated.

This is extra strange because 15 minutes earlier the same employee took money from me for another preorder and it was added to the correct powerup account.

Anyway for me to get the preorder switched to my correct account? I don't want to risk the preorder getting cancelled?

I wouldn't worry. I went back after I pre-ordered to just pay the damned thing in full and they were able to pull my preorder up without any issue even though the systems were down earlier that day.

Scalping is a form of sociopathy so I don't think you should expect him to be less 'socially tone deaf' because scalpers literally don't care about other people. That's the actual definition of sociopathy.

Nintendo already said they are only making them available during this calendar year. There's a hard deadline of December for getting one.

Insomnium

I can pre order the thing in Singapore, wondering whether I should buy 1 then sell it to folk needing it in the US for a small profit since I'm not really interested in the console. The profit can be used to fund my switch instead urgh

btrboyev

Nintendo already said they are only making them available during this calendar year. There's a hard deadline of December for getting one.

They didn't say that exactly. The fiscal year will end in march. They will probably have one last production run in the new year, like with the nes.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Scalping is a form of sociopathy so I don't think you should expect him to be less 'socially tone deaf' because scalpers literally don't care about other people. That's the actual definition of sociopathy.

Ha, good point!

FFS, are you serious? 3 months of sales?

burgerdog

I still don't understand why people voluntarily give Gamestop interest-free loans.

Because 99% of people don't give a shit? They know it's money that they're going to have to pay at some point so why not pay it all if they can afford to do so? Not like they were going to invest that money on their own anyway. Or what if they're not good with money and they are scared that they might spend it before their pre order is out? It's not that big of a deal.

I still don't understand why people voluntarily give Gamestop interest-free loans.

I paid with multiple trade in cards - erased any risk re: losing them beforehand. Not like I can use them anywhere else.

This comment is not serious.

They didn't say that exactly. The fiscal year will end in march. They will probably have one last production run in the new year, like with the nes.

Nope. They very specifically said through the calendar year, not fiscal year. December is it.

ZCbr6ir_d.jpg

Ha, good point!

FFS, are you serious? 3 months of sales?

Yeah, probably less due to the holidays and shipping logistics. I'm guessing most of the planned shipments will done by Black Friday. Maybe another shipment in time for Christmas.

Blizzard

Banned
Nope. They very specifically said through the calendar year, not fiscal year. December is it.

ZCbr6ir_d.jpg

Yeah, probably less due to the holidays and shipping logistics. I'm guessing most of the planned shipments will done by Black Friday. Maybe another shipment in time for Christmas.
"We're sending 2 trucks for Black Friday, and 3 trucks for Christmas. They'll be traveling to random North American cities. Your only chance will be to intercept them and defeat the drivers in Mad Max style vehicular combat. Please enjoy."

RedRum

Banned
Dude. Checking Thinkgeek. People are really playing this much???

Bundle: Console w/BotW Slate & Backpack : ThinkGeek NEW!
Out of Stock $169.99 -
Bundle: Console w/Super Mario Plush, Mug & Calendar : ThinkGeek NEW!
Out of Stock $154.99 -
Bundle: Console w/Tetris Lamp & Canteen : ThinkGeek NEW!
Out of Stock $139.99 -

That's like paying $1200 for an Xbox X.

Demigod Mac

I brute forced my Target order in at 4:39 PM CST. No cancellation email, it shows up on my account orders and my card was charged for it. Looks in the clear.

RedRum

Banned

Wouldn't go that far. People are just trying to make money? And there's money to be had if there are people willing to pay.

Out of Stock $169.99 -
Out of Stock $154.99 -
Out of Stock $139.99 -

The reason is that all of those are still cheaper than buying through a scalper.

jim2011

The reason is that all of those are still cheaper than buying through a scalper.

Yes but it is an incredibly scummy thing Gamestop/ThinkGeek are doing. I say let Gamestop die and long live the digital revolution. Practices like this just prove Nintendo should not be helping them keep their business.

Afrocious

I scalp, as in I have no reservations on reselling collectors items on ebay. I don't think I'm a sociopath lol. I think it's a shitty situation that can turn a profit in the meantime.

If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

If a company produces artificial scarcity, then take advantage of it if you wish. I do argue that one should be considerate and leave MSRP stock for everyone else.

That is why I have beef with that user here who apparently bought 68 consoles off Amazon, even if he wants to sell them to gaffers at MSRP. That essentially screws over a ton of people who may not even visit GAF at all.

AdanVC

I can already imagine the bullshit when preorders open for us in Mexico: Super extremely few quantities and the damn system being probably $3,000 pesos ($170 dollars)

No fucking thanks. Screw you Nintendo and Latamel if you're thinking in charging that much just like you did with the NES Classic costing $2,000 pesos ($113 dollars).

spookyfish

I've long been a Nintendo fanboy. They're still my favorite publisher every generation.

But I've never seen a company hold such disdain for its customers like NoA does. I do have a U.K. SNES on order, so I should at least get that. But damn. I really want the U.S. version.

jviggy43

Out of Stock $169.99 -
Out of Stock $154.99 -
Out of Stock $139.99 -

I went to gamestop, and I was told I could get one if I reserved a bundle for 144.99 but they couldn't tell me what the bundle came with. I'm not joking.

I also said yes but they couldn't get their system to stop crashing in store due to demand so i said fuck it haha

NolbertoS

I scalp, as in I have no reservations on reselling collectors items on ebay. I don't think I'm a sociopath lol. I think it's a shitty situation that can turn a profit in the meantime.

If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

If a company produces artificial scarcity, then take advantage of it if you wish. I do argue that one should be considerate and leave MSRP stock for everyone else.

That is why I have beef with that user here who apparently bought 68 consoles off Amazon, even if he wants to sell them to gaffers at MSRP. That essentially screws over a ton of people who may not even visit GAF at all.

This is a capitalist society and scalping will happen everywhere. Its OK to sell a few but once you get too greedy, than scalping is a big No No. but than again scalping has been around since the dawn of sports events than moved to online shopping and games. Ebay I think made it easy for anybody to sell at scalped prices.

SGRX

Yes but it is an incredibly scummy thing Gamestop/ThinkGeek are doing. I say let Gamestop die and long live the digital revolution. Practices like this just prove Nintendo should not be helping them keep their business.

If I had to choose, I think I would rather buy from a scalper than pay for one of those bundles. It seems less exploitative.

Pachinko

Out of Stock $169.99 -
Out of Stock $154.99 -
Out of Stock $139.99 -

People are buying them for 3-400$ on ebay so yeah, 140-200 is comparatively a steal.

hiryu2015

Unlike the NES classic, I was able to get a pre-order last night. So in that regard, it was better than last year.

I give all the credit to my younger brother who texted me once pre-orders went up
(and didnt feel the need to place 50 orders for his extended family and soon-to-be internet frenz and buddies)
. Good guy!

I can already imagine the bullshit when preorders open for us in Mexico: Super extremely few quantities and the damn system being probably $3,000 pesos ($170 dollars)

No fucking thanks. Screw you Nintendo and Latamel if you're thinking in charging that much just like you did with the NES Classic costing $2,000 pesos ($113 dollars).

Then it seems you are getting frustrated about something you have decided not to buy, since it seems latamel is your only choice

Top Bottom