• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"miss your delivery promise" = "you won't get it on the 29th, but it'll still arrive"

That's how I'm seeing it.

Just got the same Amazon email. My favorite part:

"You can track the status of, or make any changes to, your order under Your Orders on Amazon.com."

Bitch, I ain't changing shit. You did.

cordy

Banned
Yeah I got the email for both my orders too...

This is weird because it doesn't look like it's on Amazon, it looks like it's on Nintendo. What the fuck is going on at Nintendo that they're causing Amazon to miss some orders? WTF.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I really want the Super Famicon Classic. Based on the OP, is Play-Asia the only retailer that may have pre-orders?

TheContact

Got this from Amazon just now (I pre ordered on 8/22)

Hello,

We're contacting you about order for Super NES Classic.

We recently learned that we may miss your delivery promise and apologize for the inconvenience. You will still receive your order of Super NES Classic. We are working hard to ensure you get this item as soon as it is in stock. You can track the status of, or make any changes to, your order under Your Orders on Amazon.com.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/your-orders-access

We hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Amazon.com

spad3

UPDATE

For all those that preordered at GameStop either in-store or online:

GameStop's website just updated with the proper image and information, confirming that the orders are legit. I logged in to see if the site captured my in-store order and luckily enough it did:

12CzoM4.png

Good work GAF!

JakeD

amazon has fucked up every video game related pre-order i've placed with them in the past 6 months. the good news is they all showed up eventually

the bad news is i never received an email for those. they just..showed up late. this situation may be different

Megatron

I got the same e-mail from Amazon. I have 3 preorders from 3 different places, so I still feel good about getting one (the other two will go to friends at cost, assuming I get all 3) Now it's just a question of which one gets here first. I have an Amazon UK order in and that's the one I'm most interested in keeping as I like the look of the Euro system better than the one we got in the States, but it will likely arrive last after the shipping too, so we'll see....

RowdyReverb

UPDATE

GameStop's website just updated with the proper image and information, confirming that the orders are legit. I logged in to see if the site captured my in-store order and luckily enough it did:

12CzoM4.png

Good work GAF!
I can't look my in-store order up, but I don't have a GameStop account

Ashhong

Goddamn you guys should calm down. You'll still receive it and it says MAY not arrive on time. Seems like everyone got the email

spad3

I can't look my in-store order up, but I don't have a GameStop account

In-Store orders are usually linked to a phone-number and/or an email address. You may be able to make an account on the website using the email you gave in-person and check your orders.

Just FYI, GameStop offers a free version of their rewards card that helps with tracking orders and everything. It has all the other benefits of the paid version just not the discounts on used games, the trade boosts, and the occasional coupons. If your paid ever runs out it just converts into the free automatically. I'd sign up for the free one just for order tracking purposes.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Goddamn you guys should calm down. You'll still receive it and it says MAY not arrive on time. Seems like everyone got the email
We don't even know how long the delay is, could just be by a few days.

I'd rather get the notification of a small delay over "SORRY, WE OVERSOLD, SO YOUR ORDER IS CANCELLED!" & be back at square one.

shanafan

In-Store orders are usually linked to a phone-number and/or an email address. You may be able to make an account on the website using the email you gave in-person and check your orders.

Just FYI, GameStop offers a free version of their rewards card that helps with tracking orders and everything. It has all the other benefits of the paid version just not the discounts on used games, the trade boosts, and the occasional coupons. If your paid ever runs out it just converts into the free automatically. I'd sign up for the free one just for order tracking purposes.

Second this. I haven't renewed my Power Up rewards in years, but I am able to still track my preorders on the app - which is actually pretty clean and nicely organized with updates.

Previous

check out my new Swatch
Changing the shipping address on my BB preorder is safe to do right? or will that put my order at the bottom of the list? I vaguely remember someone saying that once.

k91191

Amazon decreased my order amount.

I ordered 1 Classic in my first order, then ordered another 3 Classics in a second order.

The second order has been decreased to 1 Classic.

So it looks like I may still be getting 2 SNES Classics.

JABEE

I only have one ordered from Amazon now and it says delivery pending. I ordered when the original listing was posted in this thread before Wario64 posted it online.

I have not received an email.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Still have my 2 orders safe (made them separate), I really hope one doesn't get cancelled since that means I'll probably just do my friend a favor & let him have the SNES Mini while I go on the chase for another one since he doesn't keep up with this kind of stuff like I do & I'd feel bad making him be the one that has to try & find another.

cordy

Banned
As long as I'm still getting my order I'm gucci. Just gotta wait. Placed 2 different orders, both had 1 each, so if one's canceled, I'm good.

I'm just going to assume that they're decreasing orders due to how many people have placed. Damn.

Moofers

UPDATE

12CzoM4.png

Good work GAF!

I can't find the order number on my receipt. Where's it located? I also tried looking up my order by the last four of my CC and email but it came up empty. Slightly worried....

GameStop in-store pre-order GAF, we in there :)

RIP Amazon. If the cancel the guy who made 60 orders, maybe they;ll open them up again? Can't believe it would be the opposite situation where they had too many orders and are canceling to break even..

JayBabay

I got the e-mail on one of my orders but my cousin didn't. We both ordered 2 but I had mine ordered before him, also his are on one order but I went back after I got one and ordered another, could be a timing or multiple order thing, don't know yet.

Top Bottom