• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

spad3

All us July cancels got "confirmations" as well. We got order numbers, we got confirmations, we got our CC info taken down, the whole 9 yards. Then a week later...

Take anything and everything that comes from Walmart with a couple tons of salt. Don't believe anything until you actually get shipping information.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Finally got my email and the order is showing in my Walmart account

Now we hope they don't get canceled.

Arthos

Got a confirmation! Didn't really want one but I'm down to try it out and see what the hype is about.

And Starfox. Hell yeah.

I'm glad we reached the stage where everyone is comfortable admitting to preordering multiples, no fucks given.

No wonder there are stock shortages. Imagine if everyone bought five PS4s instead of one, Sony would be having stock issues too :p

The Lamp

I'm glad we reached the stage where everyone is comfortable admitting to preordering multiples, no fucks given.

No wonder there are stock shortages. Imagine if everyone bought five PS4s instead of one, Sony would be having stock issues too :p

I mean I just got 3 from Walmart because it's a gift for 2 of my best friends and my boyfriend.

HeeHo

A bit salty here. I have a job where I can regularly check the internet and got busy for 30 mins straight and I missed it.

Better set a bunch of alerts on websites for this. I actually want this as opposed to the NES classic where it was more a novelty.

Wow randomly popped in and your post was the latest, got 1!
This was me too. I scored 7 at Walmart. Added to my 1 at Best Buy and my 2 orders at Amazon (1 per order now) that makes a total of 10. More than enough to have as gifts and to still save some for a rainy day. I'm modding one into a RetroPie for sure.

Rip

I mean I just got 3 from Walmart because it's a gift for 2 of my best friends and my boyfriend.

The funny thing about this is, most likely you will order 3 from Walmart, 3 from Best Buy, 3 from Amazon, and so on.. because you never know wtf will happen and might end up with 15 units! Hooray! It's ok to be a closet scalper.

This was me too. I scored 7 at Walmart. Added to my 1 at Best Buy and my 2 orders at Amazon (1 per order now) that makes a total of 10. More than enough to have as gifts and to still save some for a rainy day.

Why do you need 10?

I hope Walmart cancel orders that are above one. With limited stock they shouldn't allow people to get 7 or 4.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

Probably because most of us want to get one for a friend or family member either because they aren't able to keep up with when listings go up & such or as gifts.

I see nothing with ordering 2 or 3, maybe 4 tops. One for yourself, then a few as gifts or helping someone else get one. It's when you buy 5 or more ($400+ total) that it starts to seem more questionable/suspicious to people.

Probably because most of us want to get one for a friend or family member either because they aren't able to keep up with when listings go up & such or as gifts.

I see nothing with ordering 2 or 3, maybe 4 tops. One for yourself, then a few as gifts or helping someone else get one. It's when you buy 5 or more ($400+ total) that it starts to seem more questionable/suspicious to people.

If you wanna help someone else get one then you send them the link and tell them to order it.

kaskade

I wanna cancel my shitty thinkgeek order but I don’t want to risk Walmart canceling on me. Unless I just keep them both and see if a friend wants my other order who couldn’t score one.

hawk2025

Nothing.

Had a meeting RIGHT before they went live, all gone by the time I came back.

I need to step away from this thread. A bunch of people have multiple pre-orders at this point.

In this case, it's because Nintendo keeps fucking over its own customers. If the Walmart debacle didn't happen a month ago, if the weird Amazon email didn't get sent today, no one would be panicking and ordering from multiple retailers in the hopes of maybe securing one.

Until I have this thing in my hand, I have zero faith I'm actually getting it.

you must be new here

personally attempting to get 3 extras for sister/cousin/friend. people who arent able to sit on a computer/wario64's feed all day like me

And again that's tough.

There's people who actually clicked on those links and still weren't able to get one. The best system is one per order.

Yeah I'm sure your sisters and cousins on eBay will enjoy these gifts.

daman824

I only pre ordered one.

Anyone who ordered more than 3 or 4 should have their orders reduced. Like yeah, I'm sure you have 7-10 friends that really want these things and aren't just going to scalp the extras or put them on your shelf.

ReyVGM

I want to order 3. One for me, one for a friend, and another one to exchange it for a NES Classic if possible.

So far I got 2 from amazon, but expecting it to be reduced to 1.

JakeD

And again that's tough.

There's people who actually clicked on those links and still weren't able to get one. The best system is one per order.

Yeah I'm sure your sisters and cousins on eBay will enjoy these gifts.

sounds like its tough for you, whos especially bitter for some reason

ive been following these threads for months, had push notifications on my phone for 4 fucking months and have ONE reliable pre-order, that cost me $150

if i was a scalper i wouldn't bother lying to you about it

Top Bottom