• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

How are people getting 5-6 orders across the various retailers? Can I get ONE fucking order in somewhere.....anywhere? : (

I clicked on email alerts, I work nights, and most importantly I check NeoGaf like 50 times a day. Gaffers do some the hard work for us. I've little to no trouble catching every preorder that way. I only missed the ones during the late mornings and GameStop walk ins.

Chuckl3s

Wtf is Manny?

FAUdrOy.jpg

I recall when the NES mini classic launched and shortages ensued there was speculation that Nintendo didn't want to allocate the energy or resources to pushing more out the door due to the impending launch of the Switch. Can consumers expect and / or hope that with the Switch out the door and Christmas on the horizon they may be so inclined to ordering additional runs and manufacturing the SNES classic for the holiday season.

I'm in turbo limbo. I guess I typed in the wrong email address on account registration? Haven't gotten an email, or even a welcome to Walmart email, but the charge is on my card. Guess we shall see from here eh?

Freakboy3

Got 2 of my orders of 2 canceled but my order of 4 is still confirmed and pending. Get ready for a wave of cancellations :\ (All of mine were spoken for, friends and family, was not trying to make a profit)

Because everyone thinks they need 10 of them.

I got one and am very thankful for it, but good lord people, DO NOT buy more than one while there are still shortages. I don't care if it's a 'gift' for your immediate family members. If they wanted one that badly they would have preordered it themselves.

Freakboy3

I got one and am very thankful for it, but good lord people, DO NOT buy more than one while there are still shortages. I don't care if it's a 'gift' for your immediate family members. If they wanted one that badly they would have preordered it themselves.

LOL So you are saying everyone should just buy their own? Not how the world works princess.

It would be even harder for me and my friends to get even just one if we didnt buy each-other them.

tesqui

If you're going to cancel it, do it quickly Walmart. Please don't let us wait a week of guessing and speculation before you pull the plug.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I recall when the NES mini classic launched and shortages ensued there was speculation that Nintendo didn't want to allocate the energy or resources to pushing more out the door due to the impending launch of the Switch. Can consumers expect and / or hope that with the Switch out the door and Christmas on the horizon they may be so inclined to ordering additional runs and manufacturing the SNES classic for the holiday season.
New speculation will be that with Switch's Virtual Console imminent launch they'll want a limited supply of SNES consoles available to push out more VC sales.

LOL So you are saying everyone should just buy their own? Not how the world works princess.

It would be even harder for me and my friends to get even just one if we didnt buy each-other them.

Your friends are children who don't have credit cards of their own? ? I bet they make you feel so special, bless your heart.

ReyVGM

As someone that has worked as a CS phone agent, I can tell you that we don't know shit other than what it is readily posted on a site. If we see a product page is up, then we'll say it's up. If units are sold out, then we'll say to wait for the next shipment. We have no idea when those shipments will arrive unless management has specifically told us about it.
Stuff like that is info the sales department or warehouses known about, and we don't communicate with them.

CS agents don't know what goes behind the scenes with stores and Nintendo (or other suppliers). They don't know when things are going to be available on a page until management sends the announcement. They aren't able to check if there's stock on a warehouse, if a page says sold out, then it's sold out (even if there are more units).

And they specially don't know shit if they are in a call center on the other side of the world. Believe me.

People often have fairly valid reasons for purchasing more than one of these... I do think that it's in extremely poor form to post about buying handfuls of systems as they're extremely hard to procure, and a significant portion of people are not able to pre-order one at this time.

I think that people who did buy more than one should maybe take a few seconds and think if people really do wanna hear about how they were able to pre-order a dozen systems while they're so hard to find.

Freakboy3

Your friends are children who don't have credit cards of their own? ? I bet they make you feel so special, bless your heart.

Cry more please. No we just all care about each other cause that is what friends do. Who ever could order first ordered for all the friends.

Sorry you couldn't experience friendship for yourself, I hope you find one, one day.

mrchad

Praise Wario64.

Got two orders at Wal-Mart after Amazon dropped my quantity from 2 to 1 earlier today. Hoping to keep 1 for myself and give 1 each to my brother and brother-in-law.

Freakboy3

What is going on?

Gaffers being salty because some people have awesome friends and family.

Yarp, I have 3 other gamer friends who are all very interested in the SNES classic, we all missed out on the NES classic because of how that was handled. We all decided, who ever could order would order for all of us, since It was most likely our best chance of getting any at all.

So apparently everyone should have to order their own, cause fuck friendships.

I could see being salty if someone bought dozens to flip...but buying one from one place and another from a second for family, friends, or gifts is now somehow wrong.

Interesting.

Pikma

Banned
Yo guys enough with this scalpers thing and trying to argue about what is and isn't wrong, this is not the place for that and it will only end up getting this thread closed, which already happened once.

Let's stop that please!

Jetku

You always hear about the generous souls who buy extra for their friends and gifts etc. Never the other way round though.

My brother in law isn't super savvy/nerdy about gaming culture. He plays but doesn't join in online communities. He's never post about the one I got him last year...

I assume the people gifting them are "that person" in the family/friend circle that are "in the know" about gaming products.

lucius

I say less than 10% are really gifting the extra systems they ordered and the people that do get them as gifts will find out they can get $500+ for it and just sell it. But that's the way Nintendo set it up so whatever.

I think i'm safe with my Wal-Mart one. Got my confirmation e-mail a few hours ago and everything seems good so far.

I wasn't even gonna try to pre-order it cause the announcement thread had been up for a few minutes when I saw it.

Wish me luck I guess.

Freakboy3

I say less than 10% are really gifting the extra systems they ordered and the people that do get them as gifts will find out they can get $500+ for it and just sell it. But that's the way Nintendo set it up so whatever.

That's an insanely low number, why does someone have a reason to lie on the internet (LOL)? If someone is gonna scalp they are either gonna brag or not say anything at all.

Yo guys enough with this scalpers thing and trying to argue about what is and isn't wrong, this is not the place for that and it will only end up getting this thread closed, which already happened once.

Let's stop that please!

Would be better off honestly since most of the thread is stealth bragging about how many systems people are getting to scalp off of ebay "cough, cough" I mean give to friends and family.

Or just change the thread title again to "scalpers thread' :p

inherendo

I'll do what ever I want.

LowParry

I think i'm safe with my Wal-Mart one. Got my confirmation e-mail a few hours ago and everything seems good so far.

I wasn't even gonna try to pre-order it cause the announcement thread had been up for a few minutes when I saw it.

Wish me luck I guess.

We'll get to go down that road in the next week of if Walmart pulls through. Then the wait for Oct. :D

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I'm going to be real honest:
I got one today from WalMart and I don't even want the damn thing. I'm just going to put it in the B/S/T if these end up fetching rare prices or cancel my order if they're a dime a dozen by launch.

I clicked on email alerts, I work nights, and most importantly I check NeoGaf like 50 times a day. Gaffers do some the hard work for us. I've little to no trouble catching every preorder that way. I only missed the ones during the late mornings and GameStop walk ins.

I havent gotten any alerts but as I understand it, the retailers are switching the links to counteract the bots. I had the system in my cart like half a dozen times through target and kept getting kicked out when I tried to input my CC.

Top Bottom