• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

cordy

Banned
Well that's tough.

People shouldn't be allowed to order multiple items especially when there's actually people who waiting for these listing and still can't order because people order 4.

I gotta go with a classic quote.

"Don't hate the player, hate the game."

You can say "people shouldn't be allowed" all you want but the fact is they can and they're doing it because of how hard it is to get the product. Yeah people can't get the product but honestly if the system's allowing this to be difficult to get, it's up to people to do whatever they can legally to get one and that's that. I mean it is what it is at the end of the day. What you should be saying more so is that Nintendo shouldn't be letting this happen. Yeah we get it's hard but man, that's just how it is.

I've got no shame in buying 2, one for me and 1 for my brother. If people legit are buying it for family then props to them. Scalpers trying to make a buck? It's in bad taste but that's just how it is.

I can't fault people for doing what they're doing even if I dislike it.

I only pre ordered one.

Anyone who ordered more than 3 or 4 should have their orders reduced. Like yeah, I'm sure you have 7-10 friends that really want these things and aren't just going to scalp the extras or put them on your shelf.
Same. Only one for me and that's it. I can hardly believe WalMart, Amazon, etc don't limit it to one per customer. It's baffling.

sounds like its tough for you, whos especially bitter for some reason

ive been following these threads for months, had push notifications on my phone for 4 fucking months and have ONE reliable pre-order, that cost me $150

if i was a scalper i wouldn't bother lying to you about it

I ordered the moment they came live on Amazon because I really wanted one so I looked for one. I didn't tell my cousin or my neighbours to find me one. I took it upon myself to order just ONE.

If people were desperate then they would actually do the same. Bitter? Nope. Just think it's ridiculous that with scarce stock that people are allowed to order as 7. Whilst others are missing out due to people's greed.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I can't fault people for doing what they're doing even if I dislike it.

That's why I've generally directed my anger at Nintendo over scalpers. Scalpers were allowed to thrive because Nintendo didn't plan the NES Classic out properly, and now the SNES Classic is riding on the NES Classic scarcity fear.

MechaX

Man, missed another preorder time?

I think all my luck for putting up with this bullshit from Nintendo ran out last year by getting that $99 new 3DS on Black Friday.

BTA

I ordered the moment they came live on Amazon because I really wanted one so I looked for one. I didn't tell my cousin or my neighbours to find me one. I took it upon myself to order just ONE.

If people were desperate then they would actually do the same. Bitter? Nope. Just think it's ridiculous that with scarce stock that people are allowed to order as 7. Whilst others are missing out due to people's greed.

These things sold out in literal seconds the other day. It's not like you can just text your friends/family "hey, here's a link to it" and actually expect them to be able to get it. There's a lot of people who want these who aren't "in the know" enough to handle getting one in this ridiculous preorder situation.

I should say I do think they should cap them to prevent scalping, but I'm fine with it being 2-4, not just 1.

Well this sucks I just got an email from amazon saying they may miss the delivery date which I'm gonna assume means I'm probably screwed. I only ordered 1 come on amazon!

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Well this sucks I just got an email from amazon saying they may miss the delivery date which I'm gonna assume means I'm probably screwed. I only ordered 1 come on amazon!

Hopefully it means Amazon will just wait for a restock and fulfill initial pre-orders first before opening them up again. That would be the best way to handle it if Amazon oversold it.

rudger

My friend was calling and texting me frantically while I was feeding my baby to let me know I could preorder. I saw my phone was littered with messages and already knew what had happened...

Hold on...I stepped away from my computer for an hour and Walmart put up preorders again?

Spec-fuckin-tacular.

keep-calm-and-take-the-l-145.png

Gartooth

Got my confirmation email and its in my order history. Took about an hour to get it confirmed, so crossing my fingers I get it on October 5th.

JayBabay

People are saying Walmart put up a temporary page to stop bots, but why did my trackers work just fine when they are set up for the original link. If my alerts worked then that means they would for bots as well wouldn't they?

My friend was calling and texting me frantically while I was feeding my baby to let me know I could preorder. I saw my phone was littered with messages and already knew what had happened...

I pretty much did the same for friends. I got my pre-order from Target, so this was my chance to help out some other folks.

JakeD

I pretty much did the same for friends. I got my pre-order from Target, so this was my chance to help out some other folks.

i hope you have proof of these so called friends. or some gaffers are gonna be very upset with you.

i am also extremely angry at the 38 jill stein voters for giving us trump

Synless

I tried to let a friend of mine know twice... he failed both times. Some people are not destined to have this system.

cordy

Banned
That's why I've generally directed my anger at Nintendo over scalpers. Scalpers were allowed to thrive because Nintendo didn't plan the NES Classic out properly, and now the SNES Classic is riding on the NES Classic scarcity fear.

Yep. The cycle just continues with them but this is just crazy. I don't even remember it being this way with the NES Classic but then again I wasn't looking for one like I've been looking for this one. I figured I could get an NES Classic day one but I was wrong so I made sure this year I was prepared.

Ashhong

Lol, you mean the random ass preorder that came online at 1am or so in a new link that nobody was expecting? Oh yea, sure sucks for those people who couldn't take it upon themselves to get one of those. They should have tried harder

If I'm online and lucky enough to be able to preorder, I sure as hell am taking advantage of that and getting some for friends in case they need it.

JayBabay

I tried to let a friend of mine know twice... he failed both times. Some people are not destined to have this system.

Yeah, I let 4 friends know right away, 2 of them started asking questions, while the smarter 2 didn't waste a second and ordered instantly. Those 2 who asked questions? Didn't get one.

Spacebar

Can't wait for the cancellation begging. I wasn't ready for the pre orders! UNFAIR!! Cancel them all and have a do over so I can have a chance!

Congrats to all who got one. If you didn't then keep fighting. Your watch hasn't ended.

jackuiowa

hmmm I see a charge from walmart and see the order in my account but no confirmation email. Just ordered one. Hope I get an email confirmation someday.

Top Bottom