• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

I got the email from Wal-Mart about my preorder date updating to 09/29/2017, but the order page still says 10/03/2017...
Strange...

EDIT: Oh, the email says the release date updated to 09/29/2017, but arriving by 10/03/2017. I guess that explains that.

Gartooth

Got the Walmart email saying it will ship on 9/29 and arrive by 10/2. Almost had a freakout that my order was cancelled, but looks like Im good for now!

BSNES. Amazon wouldn't do that again would they.
Well they did lower every order down to 1, and many people had placed orders with double-digit quantities, so it's not unrealistic to expect they might have some surplus. They could hoard them for one of their Prime events later on though.

Afrocious

I keep getting an error saying that since the item isn't released yet, I need to specify that it is, and that it will ship after it's released.

I mean, I specify these things, set the auction to 10 days, and set handling time to 30 days. Still no go.

J_Viper

My mom wants to move to another state before the SNES comes out and I can't change the shipping address on my order

maxresdefault.jpg

Is it against ebay rules to post an auction for the snes classic, give it ten days, and give it a handling time of 30 days?

eBay's rule is pretty clear, you can't post a pre-order for something that you won't have for 30 days.

Can the folks who are scalping pre-orders take it literally anywhere else? This is straight up shitty.

maxcriden

If you are planning to scalp the SNES Classic, I would imagine you may be able to sell it for a lot more once it's out and (if) it's hard to find.

LiK

Selling/buying preorders is always iffy to me. I only like selling/buying if it's in-hand. People can make up excuses why it's delayed. That's just annoying to deal with.

Afrocious

eBay's rule is pretty clear, you can't post a pre-order for something that you won't have for 30 days.

Can the folks who are scalping pre-orders take it literally anywhere else? This is straight up shitty.

To the former: Yeah I was thinking of waiting until tomorrow or Wednesday to throw up a listing.

To the latter: I feel that. I figured I'd ask here since the thread is active and some folks here are definitely flipping.

Why not list it as a "Buy It Now" with whatever price you hope to sell it for? Auctions make me nervous.

I could do that. Why do auctions make you nervous? The scamming stuff we discussed earlier?

LordofPwn

My mom wants to move to another state before the SNES comes out and I can't change the shipping address on my order

maxresdefault.jpg

if the package comes via USPS if you move you can have mail forwarded or you can set up an account and have the package re-directed to be held at the post office.

If it comes via UPS you can set up an account and re-direct the package to be held at a UPS store.

If it comes via FedEx you can set up an account and re-direct it to a FedEx store.

The only thing is that you need to create the account before the item ships, and then take a trip to go pick it up, you may even be able to redirect to your new location but you'll probably have to pay for that.

LiK

if the package comes via USPS if you move you can have mail forwarded or you can set up an account and have the package re-directed to be held at the post office.

If it comes via UPS you can set up an account and re-direct the package to be held at a UPS store.

If it comes via FedEx you can set up an account and re-direct it to a FedEx store.

The only thing is that you need to create the account before the item ships, and then take a trip to go pick it up, you may even be able to redirect to your new location but you'll probably have to pay for that.

Good advice. Yea, I think redirecting packages requires a fee but better than it being delivered to someone else.

Why wouldn't you be able to change the address? Can't you just call Customer Care and have them do it?

sometimes when you change a preorder it ends up rerunning it through the system again and since it's sold out it might not be able to replace it once the address changes

Shipping was also updated to release day on Walmart. This is a good sign.

Maybe this is only happening for folks who ordered 1 and had correct CC information?

J_Viper

Why wouldn't you be able to change the address? Can't you just call Customer Care and have them do it?

I could give them a call, but I think the stock issues may prevent any changes. There's no option for it online, unfortunately

Thanks for the info, I'll definitely look into this if I need to move before it gets here

Shipping was also updated to release day on Walmart. This is a good sign.

Maybe this is only happening for folks who ordered 1 and had correct CC information?
Got my update as well. I also only ordered one.

LordofPwn

Good advice. Yea, I think redirecting packages requires a fee but better than it being delivered to someone else.
Yeah redirected to a new address may cost you but re-directing to a courier center has always been free for me. I've never been able to get FedEx to work though when setting up my account. the other great thing about having these accounts though is that you'll get notifications if people try to send you packages.

LiK

Yeah redirected to a new address may cost you but re-directing to a courier center has always been free for me. I've never been able to get FedEx to work though when setting up my account. the other great thing about having these accounts though is that you'll get notifications if people try to send you packages.

Yea, I have an account for all the carriers I use. It's very useful in keeping track of packages. My UPS one is the most active because Amazon.

I could do that. Why do auctions make you nervous? The scamming stuff we discussed earlier?

I worry the auction could end with a sale price significantly lower than I expected.

I only ever sold twice on eBay, although I have a lot retro stuff and other junk I'd like to put on there... I find the whole packaging something and shipping it (internationally in my case) and dealing with potential scammers intimidating. I need to get over that psychological barrier someday cause I got shit to sell.

LiK

I worry the auction could end with a sale price significantly lower than I expected.

I only ever sold twice on eBay, although I have a lot retro stuff and other junk I'd like to put on there... I find the whole packaging something and shipping it (internationally in my case) and dealing with potential scammers intimidating. I need to get over that psychological barrier someday cause I got shit to sell.

Where are you located? Right now I only sell within US mainly because I don't wanna deal with the customs/international shipping charges etc.

I also recommend try selling in GAF's B/S/T thread.

Afrocious

Yeah man, you need to get over that barrier or just ignore it. There's money to be made and sitting on it doesn't make it easier.

I say this in general, not just about this console.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member

Edit: wrong person.

Peltz

Never got a confirmation email, couldn't log in to check the status of my walmart order, and saw they charged my account.

It turns out, i entered the wrong email information (typo) when preordering the thing on friday. So now that I've logged in with the typo in mind, I'm able to see that yea, I secured the SNES classic. Woo hoo!

I feel like, at this point, you may as well hope that Nintendo keeps their word that they'll keep it stocked throughout the coming months.

Yeah. Just like the NES Classic you'll have plenty of chances to camp out for a few hours to get one when stores open. It sucks, but hey, it works. This is how I got my NES Classic for the last shipment when they announced they were discontinuing it, so months after launch.

Synless

I could give them a call, but I think the stock issues may prevent any changes. There's no option for it online, unfortunately

Thanks for the info, I'll definitely look into this if I need to move before it gets here

Got my update as well. I also only ordered one.

Where did you order from? I only ask because I will be moving as well and need to do the same damn thing.

Afrocious

Yeah. Just like the NES Classic you'll have plenty of chances to camp out for a few hours to get one when stores open. It sucks, but hey, it works. This is how I got my NES Classic for the last shipment when they announced they were discontinuing it, so months after launch.

Lol I wasn't even suggesting camping.

I think there's a high chance Nintendo will keep the snes classic stocked until the end of the year. They outright said they don't want a repeat of the NES Classic and they also have been receiving a ton of negative press.

Where are you located? Right now I only sell within US mainly because I don't wanna deal with the customs/international shipping charges etc.

I also recommend try selling in GAF's B/S/T thread.

I'm in Jordan. Small country, not much demand for old/rare/obscure things.

I've sold stuff in B/S/T, but only preorders from Amazon that get shipped directly to the buyer, so I never actually shipped something myself, which is why I find it intimidating (first time is always the hardest time, at least psychologically), and I'm a master procrastinator.

This is getting way off topic.

eXMomoj

I think there's a high chance Nintendo will keep the snes classic stocked until the end of the year. They outright said they don't want a repeat of the NES Classic and they also have been receiving a ton of negative press.

Negative press = free press for them. People read about how hard it is to get a NES/SNES and how its reselling for 3-5x as much as they pay for it; then only more and more people are going to try and get their hands on it. That's a win in Nintendo's book.

Will there be a larger supply? Maybe. Regardless, it'll still all likely sell out within minutes of becoming available even with more units available.

Wait, you think you'll actually be able to walk into a store and just pick one up?

LMAO

crpav

Wait, you think you'll actually be able to walk into a store and just pick one up?

LMAO

Exactly, scalpers know how to work this and will be worse than the NES Classic. Unless Nintendo makes enough to have even the smallest no name town walmart have 20 of these weekly it will be worse.

Top Bottom