• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

ReyVGM

I'm just glad it's not cancelled. With this email pretty much makes it look its safe

Nope. If they detect any kind of CC issue, they'll cancel. I had Metroid Samus Returns Special Edition pre-ordered with and they cancelled because there was some issue with the payment AFTER 6 weeks. Bear in mind that Metroid hasn't come out yet.

Sir Doom

Nope. If they detect any kind of CC issue, they'll cancel. I had Metroid Samus Returns Special Edition pre-ordered with and they cancelled because there was some issue with the payment AFTER 6 weeks. Bear in mind that Metroid hasn't come out yet.
I'll make sure not to change my billing address

That's the only reason I see having CC issues.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Sees email from Walmart: "Update to your preorder release date"
0572_awjgm.gif

We wanted to let your know that your preorder item release date has changed. The updated release date is 09/29/2017.
0568_l7jgn.gif

Samaritan

Walmart really should put "DON'T PANIC, YOUR PRE-ORDER IS FINE" in the subject line of their emails. The push notification I got about my delivery date being changed nearly gave me a heart attack.

Walmart really should put "DON'T PANIC, YOUR PRE-ORDER IS FINE" in the subject line of their emails. The push notification I got about my delivery date being changed nearly gave me a heart attack.

Yes, modify their entire system because people can't just be level headed and mature with this.

LosDaddie

Banned
Round 2 Morning #3 Check In:

My Walmart preorder is still active. I also got the update email, pushing my delivery date to October 3rd

Here's to hope! 🤞🏽

Carlisle

Still 10/6 for both orders. Don't really mind since as of 4 days ago I didn't think I was getting one at all. But seeing all these updated release dates is nice.

kaskade

My heart dropped for a second seeing the email from Walmart. Wonder if it’s safe to cancel that shitty think geek order now?

FaintDeftone

I woke up this morning to a Walmart notification on my phone about my order. I instantly thought "ahh damnit" until I opened it up and saw that they fixed the release date. Whew, still in good shape!

RedZaraki

Banned
If I could hide threads I would.

This thread is a constant reminder/monument to the fact that I'll never get this product unless I pay triple markup.

gnexus

It took like 2 hours for the pre-order confirmation from Walmart on Friday when the "test link" went up. Just got my pre-order status update to delivery by 10/3.

I think I'm good. Yay.

My first time getting something from Wal-Mart since the golden Mario

BTA

Didn't get an update email yet but it looks like I went from the 10th to the 3rd.

It's my mom's Christmas present, in any case, but good to see it wasn't cancelled at least.

LiK

My CCs have been declining some preorders and this is scaring the shit outta me. Hopefully it doesn't happen with my SNES with Walmart. No idea what's with my CCs lately. No alerts or anything about my CC accounts either.

Frayed

Banned
My CCs have been declining some preorders and this is scaring the shit outta me. Hopefully it doesn't happen with my SNES with Walmart. No idea what's with my CCs lately. No alerts or anything about my CC accounts either.

call and make an upcoming payment notif.

LosDaddie

Banned
Like others have said, I also had a mini-panic attack when the Walmart email came through. Early morning email at the start of a new work week....yeah, I was nervous.

But that panic changed to hope when I read my SNES may actually arrive 2 days earlier.

But bullshit like this makes less hopeful about my Walmart preorder. But I'm not mad at you. Walmart should have limited quantities to 1 per customer.

PikkonX

This thread is a constant reminder/monument to the fact that I'll never get this product unless I pay triple markup.

I wouldn't look at it like that. All it takes is for you to follow Wario on Twitter. An Amazon Prime account would help too, especially if Prime Now is in your area. Eventually, you'll definitely be able to grab one.

jennetics

Don't give up, Red! There's still more time. If you haven't already, follow Wario64 on Twitter (I made a twitter account just to follow him), and join the Neogaf Discord group. It has helped me get my order in twice with Walmart (the first time they cancelled my order, of course).

ZeroCDR

Mine still says Oct. 5th, but I'm part of the that first (after the false first) wave that lasted all of 15 seconds so I'm not sweating it.

mjc

I'm feeling pretty good about having an instore Gamestop preorder now. Sucks for the random Walmart cancellations, they can never get their shit together.

Akoi

No email update from Wal-Mart for me... not sure if that's a good or bad sign or meaning I am way in the back of the list of people that bought one. Or not.

Top Bottom