• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

bumpkin

That's a Super Nintendo though. Super Famicom would be the Japanese release. I could have sworn it was mentioned that in mid September preorders would begin.
They're going up mid-September. I have a friend who lives in Japan that posted about it the other day on FB.

Credo

I mean, it basically has to be sometime in the next 30 days...

I was about to say that with the Japanese hours being so different from the U.S., it would probably go up at a bizarre hour, but that's the norm with Amazon and now Best Buy's BS. Also, I don't think NowInStock tracks Japanese releases and am not sure if Wario64 will tweet about it either, so without those two, I figure I'll miss my chance at it.

Is there any reason to get a Japanese Famicom, other than how it looks, if you are supposedly getting an American one? (I say supposedly because I won't believe it until it's in my hands.) Does the Famicom have different games?

The Llama

Mine still says Oct. 5th, but I'm part of the that first (after the false first) wave that lasted all of 15 seconds so I'm not sweating it.

Same for my WalMart order, except Oct. 6th. I also have an Amazon preorder (which I'll either cancel or sell to my friend) so not worried, although I'll be a bit annoyed if I have 2 preorders and still end up having to wait a week or 2 for it lol...

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
How can we secure one from amazon jp tho? Anyone willing to share some pro strats?
Pretty sure you can order almost anything Amazon.co.jp now and ship it to the US.

Just make sure you use a credit card that has no international fees and you'll be fine.

Is there any reason to get a Japanese Famicom, other than how it looks, if you are supposedly getting an American one? (I say supposedly because I won't believe it until it's in my hands.) Does the Famicom have different games?
I personally really like the style compared to the SNES. I hope I can get one.

The Llama

Pretty sure you can order almost anything Amazon.co.jp now and ship it to the US.

Just make sure you use a credit card that has no international fees and you'll be fine.

Amazon Visa from Chase has no international transaction fees, FYI. Considering it has no annual fee, if you do any shopping at Amazon you should definitely consider picking it up regardless.

Yukinari

They dont get Earthbound which is kinda funny.

But id gladly trade Dream Course for Tetris Attack or Goemon if possible.

Hey, I can only speak for what I know personally.
I'm not Santa Claus / Bill Gates.

And, below.

I didn't say you were, I just thought it was funny that declaring that 'at least 2 people!' was a retort to my comment about the difficulty in securing one. That sort of worked in tandem with my point. Anyways.....who on earth is selling these 'below' MSRP( below $80) when preorders are all over ebay for a couple hundred bucks at the moment??

I didn't say you were, I just thought it was funny that declaring that 'at least 2 people!' was a retort to my comment about the difficulty in securing one. That sort of worked in tandem with my point.

I was just saying that it was possible.

Anyways.....who on earth is selling these 'below' MSRP( below $80) when preorders are all over ebay for a couple hundred bucks at the moment??

"Selling" would imply an exchange of money.
Anyway - someone very foolish, obviously.

(That's all I'm going to say about it, really)

I was just saying that it was possible.

"Selling" would imply an exchange of money.
Anyway - someone very foolish, obviously.

(That's all I'm going to say about it, really)

I didn't say it was impossible. I said 'good luck getting one'.

Ok, well we don't need to speak further on it. You made the original comment about someone acquiring one 'below' MSRP, the natural response would be to inquire as to the hows and whys. Really my original comment that you quoted was just a throwaway line that really doesn't warrant all this ensuing back and forth so yeah, moving on.

I was about to say that with the Japanese hours being so different from the U.S., it would probably go up at a bizarre hour, but that's the norm with Amazon and now Best Buy's BS. Also, I don't think NowInStock tracks Japanese releases and am not sure if Wario64 will tweet about it either, so without those two, I figure I'll miss my chance at it.

How can we secure one from amazon jp tho? Anyone willing to share some pro strats?

Nowinstock does track Japanese releases (plus several other countries), you can switch countries using the flag icon in the top right corner.

If Amazon.co.jp has the page up but it's not yet on Nowinstock you can submit the link to the site and it will be added shortly.

LosDaddie

Banned
Round 2 Morning #4 Check In:

My Walmart preorder is still active! Also, it's kinda weird how the SNES link on Walmart's website is dead, but works on their app. I check both each morning.

Here's to hope! 🤞🏽

Was just looking at the OP, it's funny how all the rules have been routinely broken on a daily basis:

1. Please do not visit Slickdeals or any website and then come to whine about someone ordering more than 1. We know, and scalper whining clogs up the thread.
  2. NO RESELLING "ETHICS/MORALS/MONOLOGUE/ITHINKITS" DISCUSSION. Get out with that endless circle drama.
  3. No speculating when preorders will go live for a certain retailer. The SNES Classic announcement thread got locked due to people getting confused and bumping it constantly to speculate when a preorder will go live

R-User!

Targets product page on their mobile site lists the item with a grey bar that says:

"preorders sold out"

Interesting.

It would seem that target doesn't anticipate getting any more preorders in bases on that delineation.

Time to keep checking the other retailers then...

Credo

Nowinstock does track Japanese releases (plus several other countries), you can switch countries using the flag icon in the top right corner.

If Amazon.co.jp has the page up but it's not yet on Nowinstock you can submit the link to the site and it will be added shortly.

Thanks, I submitted two listings to them this morning after seeing your message. Wasn't able to find an Amazon.co.jp listing for it though, although it may exist for all I know.

Conezays

Probably a stupid question but do we have confirmation that the SNES Classic in Europe will a) work in NA without issue and b) run all games at 60hz? Thanks!

Probably a stupid question but do we have confirmation that the SNES Classic in Europe will a) work in NA without issue and b) run all games at 60hz? Thanks!

It's safe to assume both of those to be true without "confirmation". The NES Classic hardware was identical across regions, and so is the SNES Classic.

The European commerical even says "Play SNES games in vibrant HD at 60Hz" https://youtu.be/f4Ge7iVyOyw

Great, thanks for the info. I didn't think there would be an issue but wanted to make sure. Cheers.
You'll need to provide your own 5v power source though. The European model comes with the microUSB cable for power but not the AC adapter. Any phone charger or a USB port from your TV will do.

HoodWinked

i wanna cop the japanese version, is there any chance of me being able to do so if i live in north america?

I want a EU snes since it has the same shell as the jp version but the games from the us version.

Panel de Pon
Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem
Legend of the Mystical Ninja
Super Soccer

vs

Earthbound
Kirby Dream Course
Super Castlevania IV
Super Punch Out

BriGuy

So since this comes out in a month now.... who thinks there might be some more preorders randomly later today?
It would have to be Amazon if anyone. I assume every other retailer with a physical presence is going to hold onto their remaining units to drive foot traffic into their stores. It's not often the next "Tickle me Elmo" is so readily apparent so far in advance.

TrojanAg

I want a EU snes since it has the same shell as the jp version but the games from the us version.

Panel de Pon
Super Soccer

vs

Earthbound
Kirby Dream Course
Super Castlevania IV
Super Punch Out

Also, Super Street Fighter 2 vs Street Fighter 2 Turbo

Panel de Pon
Super Soccer

vs

Earthbound
Kirby Dream Course
Super Castlevania IV
Super Punch Out

Aww wish the NA version had Mystical Ninja on it...that would have been great.

For what reason? What time did you order it? How many did you order?

I ordered it like 30 seconds before Wario64 tweeted the link out, and only ordered one. Tuesday August 22, at 1:15PM.

"There was a technical issue that prevented us from fulfilling your order." They probably figured out they won't be receiving enough.

Whaaaat???!!! Did they give a reason for the cancellation? My Amazon UK pre-orders was the one I'm most confident about getting and wasn't worried about it being cancelled at all (it's also the cheapest one for me as an added bonus), now I'm not so sure anymore :'(

I placed my order on June 27 and it hasn't been cancelled yet. Did you use a shipping address outside the UK?

Now I'm truly starting to understand the necessity of ordering from multiple places to increase your chances of at least getting one.

I live in Surrey, didn't have any overseas/foreign postcode or address. I inquired and the customer service person, who to be fair was very polite etc, said they couldn't see an outstanding reason on the system and would try and have it followed up.

Did you have a delivery date estimate before it was canceled?

I'm 99% sure I did and that it was release day, or very soon thereafter. I don't remember seeing a date and going "Oh, fuck off" at the lateness. Of course, I don't have any email that was in now and the SNES just sits there in my order history as Cancelled : /

I've signed up for alerts and keep an eye on a stock checker for multiple websites but to be honest, I just feel like its not going to happen and feel deflated. Would have been a really cool belated birthday present to myself, as someone who never owned an OG Snes :p

UCBooties

With all this cancellation drama I'm almost glad I didn't get a pre-order. It hardly seems worth the stress. Good luck to everyone that got one.

I ordered it like 30 seconds before Wario64 tweeted the link out, and only ordered one. Tuesday August 22, at 1:15PM.

"There was a technical issue that prevented us from fulfilling your order." They probably figured out they won't be receiving enough.

Damn, that's worrying. Maybe contact Target and see if they can elaborate on what the technical issue was? I was thinking that it got canned from using the script method where it was going in and out of stock frequently, but that sounds like it doesn't apply to you.

Damn, that's worrying. Maybe contact Target and see if they can elaborate on what the technical issue was? I was thinking that it got canned from using the script method where it was going in and out of stock frequently, but that sounds like it doesn't apply to you.

Yeah, I was just refreshing on a whim before Wario64 posted, and was shocked to see it in stock. I just want one to play.

Top Bottom