• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Toki767

I ordered it like 30 seconds before Wario64 tweeted the link out, and only ordered one. Tuesday August 22, at 1:15PM.

"There was a technical issue that prevented us from fulfilling your order." They probably figured out they won't be receiving enough.

I guess not having enough stock would be considered a technical issue.

chrono01

Your orders got cancelled? That sucks.
Yeah, just received my email. It was the only pre-order I had too, which isn't surprising given the limited number of stores we've had to pre-order from (just EB and BB so far, and both sold out within minutes/seconds). :(

You will...

All Borderfree/Target orders outside of US are getting cancelled due to custom reasons. Sorry Canada/Quebec. All local orders may or may not cancel depending on how many orders they overbooked.

yep, that just happened to me a few minutes ago.

DIa2FB0UMAAV0iw.jpg

LiK

Well, my Walmart preorder is still safe. If it goes south, I can ask to buy my brother-in-law's preorder with GS. He's not hardcore about it.

urfe

Ordered from Japan, order now cancelled. Thanks Target.

Knew I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up. Back to square one.

Afrocious

Though Target's window was open longer, we all remember how bad the cart jacking was. That's even if you got past the pre-order button allowing you to add a console to your cart.

Juraash

Oh man, Target preorders getting cancelled now too? Not that I felt safe with one in but I was hopeful. Fingers crossed any US cancellations are rare or have some other circumstances around them. I wouldn't be surprised if lost out though.

The run up to launch is going to be a little rough.

I think it could be a funds issue.
Target "charged" me right after I preordered, then removed the hold fee a few days later. They just processed the charge again for some reason.

ZeroCDR

I think it could be a funds issue.
Target "charged" me right after I preordered, then removed the hold fee a few days later. They just processed the charge again for some reason.

Yep, Target will re-auth every now and then to make sure you can still pay for it, if it declines they cancel your order. Expect this to happen regularly to thin out the herd, so to speak. This happened to my pre-ordered NES Classic way back when, my card got compromised during this time and bye bye pre-order. Not like you can update payment information with them anyway, they really need to get a new database.

Same with Walmart, my order hinges on my card being good for the next month, which it should be, but any bad luck and it's done for.

You will...

All Borderfree/Target orders outside of US are getting cancelled due to custom reasons. Sorry Canada/Quebec. All local orders may or may not cancel depending on how many orders they overbooked.

i knew it, dont trust target that much that's why i didnt bother pre-ordering there

will this apply to all retailers though??? jesus fuck, i wonder if my Amazon UK pre order is ok. or Walmart's for that matter

shockdude

Which makes the results of this Reddit user poll interesting.

Nearly 25% of the orders are from Walmart. You'd think Target, which had their orders open for hours, would be much higher.
This poll is fascinating. If it was created after the first Best Buy wave, it means that tons of people were on top of Walmart during the second wave, as there's no way people got that many orders in the first wave.

Which makes me think Walmart might cancel orders again lol.

Kusagari

I wouldn't be surprised if everyone that ordered after the initial Target burst got it canceled.

I always found it suspect as fuck the orders kept randomly going up again for a period every hour or so.

I wouldn't be surprised if everyone that ordered after the initial Target burst got it canceled.

I always found it suspect as fuck the orders kept randomly going up again for a period every hour or so.

Mine was before/during the initial burst, and got canceled. I'm more curious how they're prioritizing orders. If people who ordered more are winning out to people who only ordered one.

shanafan

If Target started to cancel USA orders, wouldn't more than one person be posting in this thread right now? Seems like it's just one person who had an issue.

Top Bottom