• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

NeOak

I hope everyone is able to get one on Friday. Having everyone happy and actually enjoying these classic games would be a nice turn of events.

I hope everyone is able to get one on Friday. Having everyone happy and actually enjoying these classic games would be a nice turn of events.
That's quite the turnaround from a month or two ago where so many people were saying "I know I will never seen one of these in my life."

tesqui

Now that they say they're upping production, do you think this thing is going to be hugely popular? Could it potentially outpace the Switch? Did the scarcity of the NES Classic make that thing way more sought-after than it would have been otherwise?

Now that they say they're upping production, do you think this thing is going to be hugely popular? Could it potentially outpace the Switch? Did the scarcity of the NES Classic make that thing way more sought-after than it would have been otherwise?
Outpace the Switch? No. This is still going to have a limited run.

I wonder if it sells really well they'll reconsider. I mean they have decided to bring back out the NES Classic despite repeatedly saying that would be done by the end of last year.
I guess that's possible. But I do think a large part of the demand was driven by scarcity, so will be interesting to see how it plays out if Nintendo meets/exceeds demand.

xrnzaaas

I don't know if this deserves a separate thread but the official Polish Nintendo distributor (ConQuest Entertainment) has decided to raise the price of the SNES Mini to around 129 Euro (549 PLN). People were speculating before that if the big chains are behind this because they raised the prices and cancelled the pre-orders (or sent e-mails if people are still interested), but they're just victims as well. Actually some stores are using this as an opportunity to get positive PR and they will be selling at the previous price (and losing from each unit sold). What a shishow indeed.

Pikma

Banned
Fuck Nintendo for overproducing these items, they are supposed to be special, a limited run, having so many of them readily available ruins the experience of having to hunt down one for months. Simply finding one out in the wild is supposed to make you feel lucky. Not like this Nintendo, not like this

What am I supposed to I do with all of my 27 preorders from around the world now?

Well I got a call today that said that my preorder was dicked in the dirt. Said that maybe the second round would come through. I was 9 in line. Store received 5. Granted this is a local store in the middle of nowhere in the U.S.

are there any differences between uk ver vs us ver outside of design of course?

trying to decide if i should keep my uk order (i live in US) or try my luck here stateside.

or have both

Pikma

Banned
are there any differences between uk ver vs us ver outside of design of course?

trying to decide if i should keep my uk order (i live in US) or try my luck here stateside.

or have both
Nope, only difference outside of the design is that the US version includes a poster while the EU version doesn't

Laws00

My friend uploaded a picture of a shipment of snes minis. Apparently he "owns" a few right now.....

DSZe0f3.jpg

UberTag

Nope, only difference outside of the design is that the US version includes a poster while the EU version doesn't
Well, a lame poster... AND an AC adapter.
The missing adapter might prove more of a significant difference between the two SKUs.

munroe

Well, a lame poster... AND an AC adapter.
The missing adapter might prove more of a significant difference between the two SKUs.

Wait hold up. Is this the 3DS all over again in that I have to buy a separate adapter? Does the EU version not come with a power adapter?

Edit: just doing a bit of research, is it powered via USB? So any usb power adapter should work right?

sixteen-bit I have you conquered you! :p

YeTPtiAl.jpg

Edit: just doing a bit of research, is it powered via USB? So any usb power adapter should work right?
Yes. It comes with the cable too, so just plug it into any USB port and you're good to go. Doesn't even have to be a power adapter.

oatmeal

Banned
Aw man.

Just watched a comparison video showing original SNES and the Classic and the Classic is definitely less vibrant. That’s kind of a bummer.

Dranakin

For those who preordered at Best Buy: my status says "processing" and payment says "awaiting authorization." Is this correct? I thought my previous preorders of whatever product always went to the "preparing" stage, but I could be misremembering. I had to update my payment option so I hope I didn't mess anything up.

fester

Banned
Aw man.

Just watched a comparison video showing original SNES and the Classic and the Classic is definitely less vibrant. That’s kind of a bummer.

Original hardware (on a CRT) is always going to come out on top. But that's not really the point of the SNES Classic - it gives you a "good enough" experience without having to cough up hundreds of dollars to play these games. Plus, it's more convenient than my retro gaming setup. I'm really looking forward to playing through these games with my son.

For those who preordered at Best Buy: my status says "processing" and payment says "awaiting authorization." Is this correct? I thought my previous preorders of whatever product always went to the "preparing" stage, but I could be misremembering. I had to update my payment option so I hope I didn't mess anything up.

My card has been charged and order is preparing.

oatmeal

Banned
Original hardware (on a CRT) is always going to come out on top. But that's not really the point of the SNES Classic - it gives you a "good enough" experience without having to cough up hundreds of dollars to play these games. Plus, it's more convenient than my retro gaming setup. I'm really looking forward to playing through these games with my son.

You'd think they'd have figured it out by now. At least it looks better than the NES stuff on the Wii U.

Just a heads up for Walmart.com orders, if you have to change your credit card on your order for any reason, you're fucked. Walmart will not let you change your card info either through their buggy piece of shit website or with incompetent customer service that says they can only change your info through said website and have no other avenue to change your info. My credit card that I used a month ago on this order got stolen and I have to replace it but can't. Never again will I order from these assholes. Why couldn't have I been awake at 2am to get one from Best Buy or Amazon :/

Go fuck yourself Walmart!

Just a heads up for Walmart.com orders, if you have to change your credit card on your order for any reason, you're fucked. Walmart will not let you change your card info either through their buggy piece of shit website or with incompetent customer service that says they can only change your info through said website and have no other avenue to change your info. My credit card that I used a month ago on this order got stolen and I have to replace it but can't. Never again will I order from these assholes. Why couldn't have I been awake at 2am to get one from Best Buy or Amazon :/

Go fuck yourself Walmart!

Please Baby Jesus dont let this be the case.

Top Bottom