• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Got a reply on the status of SNES Classic preoders:

Seems like I'll get it a bit late then. Might check Target in the morning but again, living in NYC means there's going to be a ton of people in line at like 5am.

loool

this is rigged. All in line with my theory that gamestop "sold" them a good deal of their stock so that they can bundle it, add nonsense to it, and overcharge easily.

sotojuan

loool

this is rigged. All in line with my theory that gamestop "sold" them a good deal of their stock so that they can bundle it, add nonsense to it, and overcharge easily.

Yeah Gamestop already has them but they will "ship" it to TG then TG puts in boxes with dumb stuff then send it to me.

I'll try to get one on release date but meh, at least I'm getting it sooner or later.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
My Amazon order still says delivery date pending. Is that normal?

If its amazon US then I think everyone is still like that. So I guess its normal.

Jetku

Small GameStop in central jersey is getting 30 vs the 10 NES classics they got last year.

It really seems like if you want one in the US, you’ll be able to get it on launch day.

Is Gamestop doing any midnight releases for those with preorders?

I managed to get a preorder at my local store, but I still worry about the possibility of them not getting enough right away (that almost happened with my Nintendo Wii preorder which I stayed out all night to get).

vinikun

Neo Member
Ok just got an email from walmart saying they had trouble charging my payment method. I go to the order page to update the payment method, but every credit card I use it says "there was a problem with this card".

Anyone else get that? These cards are definitely fine since I use them everyday elsewhere.

Smidget

Hmm have 2 preordered from Target, 1 backordered and 1 prepping for shipping.

I did pick up an Amazon.co.uk order as well, but that'll be more expensive and the UK version....

At this point I guess I should cancel my Amazon.co.uk order? That won't be easy to return if I get too many?

Hmm have 2 preordered from Target, 1 backordered and 1 prepping for shipping.

I did pick up an Amazon.co.uk order as well, but that'll be more expensive and the UK version....

At this point I guess I should cancel my Amazon.co.uk order? That won't be easy to return if I get too many?

Yeah you'll have to pay for return shipping to UK if you want to return it. Amazon will cover the return shipping if the product is faulty.

Palom

Here's the original:

Late response, but here's the original US one. Sorry, the camera on my phone is terrible.

dhAzq3X.jpg

Link to the Past was still referred to as "Zelda III".

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Just cancelled the ThinkGeek preorder that I had. If these are gonna be plentiful, paying the $150 price tag they were asking makes no sense at all

Ok just got an email from walmart saying they had trouble charging my payment method. I go to the order page to update the payment method, but every credit card I use it says "there was a problem with this card".

Anyone else get that? These cards are definitely fine since I use them everyday elsewhere.

Yes, I am getting that error as well. I'll give it a few hours and try again. Something is definitely screwy with their site.

Tabasco

For anyone that has a pre-order from Amazon:

I spoke with a rep today about when exactly it would arrive and they told me I would receive it by October 11th.

It could be possible that my pre-order in particular isn't from the first batch they are receiving, but I hope that isn't the case.

The rep did tell me that once they receive their shipment in that they'll start sending them out to the buyers ASAP.

Quite a bummer if I'm not getting mine on launch day, but to be honest, it's better than waiting in line.

shockdude

Yes, I am getting that error as well. I'll give it a few hours and try again. Something is definitely screwy with their site.
There is definitely something screwy with the Walmart site, and the only remedy is to call their tech support and make them stop (unnecessarily) flagging your card.

RRockman

Banned
On a scale of one to overdrive how nervous are you guys about getting one this coming Friday? I preordered with UK amazon while living in the US and I am terrified of a sudden cancellation.

It's in response to all the posts like these:

Just cancelled the ThinkGeek preorder that I had. If these are gonna be plentiful, paying the $150 price tag they were asking makes no sense at all

Same as Nintendo said they will be making these into 2018 will put a damper on the scalpers..... Hopefuly

They must have felt great about selling out all those bundles, but looks like a lot of people are cancelling them after reports of Nintendo shipping more stock, so I'm guessing they can't be happy about that. Just as resellers on eBay had a rude awakening recently with the prices plummeting.

jrcbandit

Well going from tune of 60-300 per store down to minimum of 20 per store, I don't think it will be so readily available. It will still sell out and people will scalp. It just won't be as dire as NES classic, i.e., you won't have to pay $200+ for it on eBay, probably more like $140-150.

JDdelphin

Is your Gamestop in a bigger city or smaller one? I could see GS in bigger cities having Midnight launches.

A midnight for something they might not be getting many units for could be very troublesome.

My GS said the same thing as the others today:

No midnight- first come, first serve when they open.

They're also going to post the number of units they're getting outside the night before so they dont get a dozen people hanging out all night to get one when they know they'll only be getting 8 (or however many)

I've been chatting with the employees on and off about it- they really just seem to want to avoid fistfights around the store

SHITSHOW

sotojuan

It's in response to all the posts like these:

They must have felt great about selling out all those bundles, but looks like a lot of people are cancelling them after reports of Nintendo shipping more stock, so I'm guessing they can't be happy about that. Just as resellers on eBay had a rude awakening recently with the prices plummeting.

Ah I see. I'm still keeping my preorder from them unless I get one Friday. 20-30 units for my local Target may sounds fine for a suburb but not a huge city. Ditto for Gamestop.

Good thing Thinkgeek is probably shipping their bundles late - more time to cancel order in case I snag one from a store on Friday.

Top Bottom