• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
The verbiage on my amazon order changed slightly. I don't remember what it said previously, but it wasn't phrased the same. Now its says

Delivery date pending
You'll get an email as soon as we can provide you with a delivery estimate.

Before it was vaguer than that.

Best Buy order has been charged, supposedly will get it on Sept 29. Walmart order isn't doing much (no charge yet), says delivery by Oct 5th.

As long as one of them goes through I'll be happy. If both do, I'll see if the other can be a christmas gift for an in-law.

The Llama

Just noticed I have a pending charge for $86.39 from Walmart.com on my credit card as of yesterday. Walmart hasn't been doing that thing Target was where they were verifying every few days, right? Like... is this it? Is this the charge?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
My walmart.com purchase is now pending on my CC. First time since preordering.

For anyone who waited outside target for a nes or switch what time dis you show up? I was going to get there at eleven right when they close. Is that over kill?

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Any concerns over a UK one used in the US? I got in on an Amazon UK order early on, but missed all US preorders. Thanks!

I personally won't feel confident until it ships.

Will likely try my luck before work at the nearest Walmart/Target on Friday just in case.

No charges pending for me. I'm getting worried.

image.php

bumpkin

For anyone who waited outside target for a nes or switch what time dis you show up? I was going to get there at eleven right when they close. Is that over kill?
I lined up outside of Best Buy for a Switch, got there about 90 minutes before they opened (at midnight) and got a system. But it probably varies upon how densely populated the area you live in is. I live close to the borders of Mass and Maine, so we get dipshits coming over to get out of paying sales taxes all the time. Though I don’t know if anyone in line for the Switch fit that M.O. or not.

My local Target is a low volume store, so I suspect they’re going to be in the 20 SNES camp. They open at 8am, I’m planning to get there no later than 6am.

shockdude

RIP my favorite thread since July.
One of the best and most appropriate thread title changes I've witnessed. Perfect description for literally everything that happened since the initial Best Buy preorder. The best part is that it's technically not over; anything could happen on the day of release.

aparisi2274

My local Gamestop is getting in 30 SNES units, compared to the 9 NES units they got last year and I'd say that Nintendo may just end up keeping their word on having more units at launch.

Boke1879

My local Gamestop is getting in 30 SNES units, compared to the 9 NES units they got last year and I'd say that Nintendo may just end up keeping their word on having more units at launch.

They'll have more. It still won't be enough. Thankfully they are producing into 2018

Top Bottom