• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I don't think anyone is getting it release date from Walmart. Mine got bumped to Oct 2, which is the following Monday.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
My friend uploaded a picture of a shipment of snes minis. Apparently he "owns" a few right now.....

DSZe0f3.jpg
Now I’m excited

Just a heads up for Walmart.com orders, if you have to change your credit card on your order for any reason, you're fucked. Walmart will not let you change your card info either through their buggy piece of shit website or with incompetent customer service that says they can only change your info through said website and have no other avenue to change your info. My credit card that I used a month ago on this order got stolen and I have to replace it but can't. Never again will I order from these assholes. Why couldn't have I been awake at 2am to get one from Best Buy or Amazon :/

Go fuck yourself Walmart!
Agreed.

For those that ordered from AmazonUK to the US, what's your total (with AmazonGlobal Standard shipping)? In the range of £68? I feel like the price dropped at some point, but I haven't really been monitoring it too closely.

Boke1879

Best Buy charged my card and preparing my order. I'm sure it'll be here on Friday.

Still gonna see if I can try my luck and get another one in store.

For those that ordered from AmazonUK to the US, what's your total (with AmazonGlobal Standard shipping)? In the range of £68? I feel like the price dropped at some point, but I haven't really been monitoring it too closely.
Your confirmation email should have the price as it was when you placed the order.

Daffy Duck

Just checked my amazon UK price (UK delivery) and it’s 69.99 now. I’m sure it was £79.99 when I ordered, bonus.

Edit: Yep, it was, just found my confirmation email.

TheMan

Real talk fam

With reggie's talk of larger shipments and such, How likely is it that I will find one of these mamba jambas in launch day? I didn't preorder.

Real talk fam

With reggie's talk of larger shipments and such, How likely is it that I will find one of these mamba jambas in launch day? I didn't preorder.
If you're not lining up before the store opens, you have no chance.

Probably depends where you live, but don't expect to walk into a store mid-day and find any left.

BdoUK

Is anyone's Wal-Mart order still showing as Processing but no longer linked to the product page? When I click on the Super NES Classic (Universal) product link the app says it cannot be found.

JayBabay

Walmart cancelled my cousins order altogether because it exceeded the limit. He had 3 on one order and they just outright cancelled the entire thing instead of reducing the quantity.

The unfortunate thing is, after he got the NES he had a couple friends that aren't familiar with trackers and we're impressed he was able to get one so they asked him if he could grab one an SNES for each. If he just got himself one he would have been fine. Now none of them get any and he's back to figuring out how to secure one.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I got my order in that first Wal-mart 10-second availability, and mine says Oct. 5 as well.

Just checked my amazon UK price (UK delivery) and it’s 69.99 now. I’m sure it was £79.99 when I ordered, bonus.

Edit: Yep, it was, just found my confirmation email.
Yeah, I noticed that today too.

They messed up and released the first batch of pre-orders at £79.99 and the second (short lived) batch at £69.99. I think they're just keeping their lowest price pre-order promise based on that.

Good job too, because I was going to call them to complain...after it had arrived.

Yeah, I noticed that today too.

They messed up and released the first batch of pre-orders at £79.99 and the second (short lived) batch at £69.99. I think they're just keeping their lowest price pre-order promise based on that.

Good job too, because I was going to call them to complain...after it had arrived.
It seems that Amazon's pre-order guarantee/promise price adjustment happens automatically and just before the product is about to ship? Cause I have games pre-ordered on Amazon.com from months ago that have since been listed for lower on Amazon, but my pre-orders still show the old higher price. I'm wondering if I need to contact them, or cancel and reorder, or just wait for the automatic system to do its thing when it ships.

Lucent

Real talk fam

Last year we got 12 NES Classics at the Wal-Mart I work at. This year we got 45 SNES Classics. Nintendo wasn't lying.

got an email from best buy with a 24 hour window to change my card because it was cancelled and was sent a new one from my bank. So that one should be good to go.

Now its just walmart to see if they do that too, but i dont really care anymore if it gets cancelled.

sotojuan

Last year we got 12 NES Classics at the Wal-Mart I work at. This year we got 45 SNES Classics. Nintendo wasn't lying.

45 is a lot better but I could definitely see ~50 people lining up at midnight/opening time in more populated areas. He's not going to be able to just walk into the store at 2pm and get one.

Lucent

45 is a lot better but I could definitely see ~50 people lining up at midnight/opening time in more populated areas. He's not going to be able to just walk into the store at 2pm and get one.

Oh yeah definitely. If you REALLY want one you need to do what you can. I know they're gonna produce these well into 2018 but I still rather get it out of the way. We don't get any special treatment here. Lol. I'm gonna stand in line just like everybody else.

I'm off from work on Friday morning, so might pop over to the Toys R Us near me and see if they've got anything at 10 AM. I'd be surprised if there's some mega line-up, but who knows.

Lucent

Do you know how your Wal-Mart is doing things? Are they selling them at midnight?

We are doing what we did last time. Start handing out numbers around 10pm and then hand out the classics at midnight if you have a number. Think after so long, maybe a half hour, if any aren't claimed by then they're up for grabs.

amnesiac

Anyone else have an Best Buy in store pickup order? I remember I got in late and all the normal orders were sold out and I somehow managed to get an in store pickup order before everything was shut down, so I am a bit skeptical.

sotojuan

For those still holdig onto Thinkgeek bundle preorders:

I recommend going to your local store(s) early on Friday and if you are able to get one, cancel the Thinkgeek order. Thinkgeek gets their SNES Classics shortly after release date (I am assuming Gamestop sends them to be bundled), so don't expect them to charge and ship until 10/2 or 10/3. This gives us a chance to get one for normal price and be able to cancel the Thinkgeek order before you are charged for it.

Dysun

Wal-Mart is not letting me update my payment information either. Bank of America automatically mailed me out a new card due as part of their 'potential identity theft at retailer' process.

Talked to CS reps a few times to no avail, looking grim

Wal-Mart is not letting me update my payment information either. Bank of America automatically mailed me out a new card due as part of their 'potential identity theft at retailer' process.

Talked to CS reps a few times to no avail, looking grim

exact same thing happened to me, same bank too. Ive seen walmart cs give people like 5 different answers so far. They told me it would be cancelled for sure. Then they told someone else that they will send out a link when the charge is attempted and let u change it that way

It seems that Amazon's pre-order guarantee/promise price adjustment happens automatically and just before the product is about to ship? Cause I have games pre-ordered on Amazon.com from months ago that have since been listed for lower on Amazon, but my pre-orders still show the old higher price. I'm wondering if I need to contact them, or cancel and reorder, or just wait for the automatic system to do its thing when it ships.
Honestly not sure what they normally do regarding this kind of thing since I've not had it happen to me before now. I know it did happen without any prompting from me though.

My plan was to let it arrive and then complain, because I didn't want anything to affect the delivery date. That's probably just me being paranoid though.

If you do contact them I'd get a guarantee that any price change won't result in a delayed delivery. Not that it should.

Top Bottom