• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Rep told me you'd have to ask personally, she didn't want none of this "waiting for Pikma to ask for me" stuff

yes, her wording seemed to imply all orders would be fulfilled without any delays, warehouse are expecting the shipments to arrive on time.
I got my preorder from Amazon, this is super encouraging to hear. This and the Atari Flashback 8 Gold should be good enough for me.

sikkinixx

Ugh I have an amazon.de order from June but also snagged a Bestbuy.ca one too. I was gonna cancel the .de order (despite liking the look better) since it's like $40 more.

But I had to change my payment info on Bestbuy and now I'm super paranoid it'll get fucked up and I'll be out two systems. Hoping the Bestbuy one ships early enough that I can cancel the amazon one.

Grok4Spock

Nice look at the poster it comes with.

tumblr_owpdeaMO8i1qzp9weo1_1280.jpg
That is the exact same poster the Super NES came with at launch back in 1991... Good times

I hope GameStop has a midnight(9pst) release. But idk if it would be worth it considering my local store only had like less than 10 preorder slots

Kintaco

That is the exact same poster the Super NES came with at launch back in 1991... Good times
Well not exact but definitely a homage. No way Starfox was in the original poster.

I hope GameStop has a midnight(9pst) release. But idk if it would be worth it considering my local store only had like less than 10 preorder slots
Mine said they had 3, but something tells me they were being conservative and should have more at launch.

Storm360

Hey, so I'm trying to change my Amazon UK order to a US address and getting an error message updating the shipping method, anyone else seeing this?

Hey, so I'm trying to change my Amazon UK order to a US address and getting an error message updating the shipping method, anyone else seeing this?
Yeah Amazon often won't let you change shipping address to another country on a pre-order for a sold out item (error message). I used to think that was always the case, but recently I learned that it's kind of random, some orders it will let you change it and not others, even for the same item from the same Amazon site. But if it doesn't work once, no point in keeping trying on that order, it's locked. Only if it comes back in stock before it ships then you can change it.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I paid an extra 10,000 yen to pre-order a Super Famicom Mini on Amazon. Fuck it. I need this system, it is my childhood. I just wish I was in America to get the the one that has Punch-Out and Earthbound on it.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Here's the original:

ce723399-c585-4cb7-8vxk1e.jpeg

Well that's the PAL version.

It's clearly aping this North American design though:

tumblr_owpdea_MO8i1qzp9weo2_1280.jpg

Being that this new version comes only with the NA SNES mini and doesn't feature the four colour "super famicom" logo which was completely absent in North America.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
EU gets the non-disgusting looking SNES though.
The PAL SNES looks objectively better, but the washed out grey and purple has that nostalgia power for us Americans.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
The PAL SNES looks objectively better, but the washed out grey and purple has that nostalgia power for us Americans.

I agree. I grew up with the North American one and I think it's a great looking machine, but definitely PAL/Japan is better. So I love both.

Weird analogy but I've always thought it was 1:1 the Sonic CD soundtrack situation. North American Sonic CD is excellent, but PAL/Japan is even better.

My ex got me the Famicom Mini when I lived in Japan and I camped out for one of the last shipment of the NES mini.

Back in America and already got a preorder in for the SNES but I still want the super Famicom. Think we can still order it online after it releases at the regular price??

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Rep told me you'd have to ask personally, she didn't want none of this "waiting for Pikma to ask for me" stuff

yes, her wording seemed to imply all orders would be fulfilled without any delays, warehouse are expecting the shipments to arrive on time.
Amazon Reps lie all the fucking time, so take what she said with a grain of salt.

breadtruck

Im the reason why Nintendo changed the look of the SNES for US consumption.

The EU version looks dumb as shit. Bring on the sharp edges.

sotojuan

Got a reply on the status of SNES Classic preoders:

Thank you for contacting ThinkGeek! 9/29 is the release date from Nintendo, we would get our stock in shortly after that date. Upon receiving our stock of the item we will begin the charging and shipping process, sadly I don't have an exact date just early October. When the process does start we will attempt the charge for the item, if for some reason it fails we will send you and email and allow 24 hours to make the correction and attempt again the following business day. If the second is successful you would receive an email stating the payment was accepted and within 1-2 business days you would have the tracking number, and within 2-6 business day of receiving the tracking email the package would arrive. If you have any more questions or need any assistance please feel free to contact us back, we ThinkGeek monkeys are always happy to help.

Seems like I'll get it a bit late then. Might check Target in the morning but again, living in NYC means there's going to be a ton of people in line at like 5am.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Would really be nice of amazon.com to give any sort of new update on these... tired of seeing delivery pending with the release next week.

RAIDEN1

To think you had 2 LEGENDS of the gaming world coming together to make the SNES what it was....Shigeru Miyamoto, and Ken Kutaragi....the SNES started off the whole "playstation project".....

kyo2004

Would really be nice of amazon.com to give any sort of new update on these... tired of seeing delivery pending with the release next week.

Yeah, at this point, with another product, I would rather cancel and buy locally... The only thing that keeps me from cancel the preorder on Amazon is the local stores here, charging $140+ for preorders (and it was gone in 30 mins).

vinikun

Neo Member
So I preordered at Walmart but had to get my credit card replaced last week... apparently there’s no way to change your payment info whatsoever besides canceling the preorder!?

Has anyone had any experience with this and do they know if Walmart eventually contacts you to change the payment info when they’re charging the card or do they just straight up nope your order?

Mask

Think amazon UK is gonna charge before Thursday? I don't get paid until Wednesday, so I gotta hope it's not before Tuesday midnight.

Top Bottom