• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

You're asking video game journalists to do the one thing they are absolutely not equipped to do. They'll just ask him about the pin he chose to wear to the interview instead.

They probably don't because they don't want to ruin a relationship with him for future interviews and/or they have and the response was something not worth mentioning. Basically a 'no comment' or 'thanks guys, cya.'

Because they have a professional reputation to worry about and bosses to answer to. Start stirring shit and the people will like you, but the suits will stop inviting you.
But if someone who does not do this professionally just happens to get a moment with him, that'd be hilarious.

I mean, I know 95% of games journalism hardly qualifies as journalism, but what's the point of even trying if you can't ever ask one real question when it's warranted? I'm not talking about "stirring shit" for the sake of it or just being an asshole, just you know, pretending to be an actual journalist for a second, lol.

yes, I know the point

JJH

Got the email.

tenor.gif

LightJak007

Neo Member
I think they're only out listing fees (if any, there is usually a promo running that covers those) and then the 1 star ratings. I could be wrong though.

There actually is a policy around pre-sale items getting sold on eBay: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-Selling/Pre-order-Scam/m-p/17247803#M82387

All of these pre-sale items would have broken the policy being around 60 days out from the release. But overall, I think you are right, they are out listing fees and they likely risk getting a bad rating from the buyer. There are systems in place to protect the buyer, as long as they work to get their money back.

totowhoa

Banned
Walmart just emailed me :((((

I'll never get this fucking thing because I'm not the type to refresh pages or whatever. I just got lucky and saw the link and it was still stock.

Whatever. I swear if this plays out like last time..

I got the cancellation email, but the order is still processing on my account.

As you can imagine, I am quite confuse. Hopefully that email means nothing.

Kadin

I mean, I know 95% of games journalism hardly qualifies as journalism, but what's the point of even trying if you can't ever ask one real question when it's warranted? I'm not talking about "stirring shit" for the sake of it or just being an asshole, just you know, pretending to be an actual journalist for a second, lol.

yes, I know the point
I'd like to hear someone ask him, "What can you say to the fans that were unable to get an NES Classic, that this time will be different.? What have you guys done to prevent this from happening again?"

And just cross my fingers he actually answers it.

jennetics

What's that one gif with the guy that kinda freaks out and keeps hitting the wall behind him while he stares ahead and just shouts?

That's how I'm feeling

EU Amazon orders were never safe.

Good.

You shouldn't be allowed to preorder from UK or German Amazon if you aren't from those countries. Priority should go to the people who actually live in those countries. So I do hope they cancel outsiders preorders. Especially people who have got greedy and ordered with both. Yet don't live in one of those countries.

ZeroCDR

Eh, still says processing for me. I'll just let it ride until they cancel it themselves and stay on the lookout for another venue.

kenta

Has no PEINS

yes, I know the point
To what end, though? Even if someone grilled Reggie in an interview, do you actually think it would change anything? Would it just help you sleep better knowing that someone got Reggie to admit that they are idiots sometimes and that this holiday season they look forward to bringing joy to as many people as possible or whatever smilespeak he goes with? They've been doing crap like this for 30 years, man

To what end, though? Even if someone grilled Reggie in an interview, do you actually think it would change anything? Would it just help you sleep better knowing that someone got Reggie to admit that they are idiots sometimes and that this holiday season they look forward to bringing joy to as many people as possible or whatever smilespeak he goes with? They've been doing crap like this for 30 years, man

At this point I'm basically just posting hecantkeepgettingawaywithit.gif in text form. :p I know it wouldn't actually amount to anything being some extremely brief satisfaction from seeing Reggie actually vaguely uncomfortable for once.

chrono01

Preorders won't go up in the US, NoA wants people to stand in line like it's 1993 and wait for this thing to come out.
Free headlines for them too, they don't need to do a damned thing.

They can say all that want that they'll have more supplies to go around this time, I don't believe a single word. Even if they did, thanks to the NES Classic and the hell people had to go through for that, I'm fully-confident that demand will far out-pace supply with the SNES Classic, and with no pre-orders available trying to F5 these on a website in-between crashes when it launches is going to be nigh impossible, especially with the scalpers and bots hitting it.

So yeah, thanks NoA.

Good.

You shouldn't be allowed to preorder from UK or German Amazon if you aren't from those countries. Priority should go to the people who actually live in those countries. So I do hope they cancel outsiders preorders. Especially people who have got greedy and ordered with both. Yet don't live in one of those countries.

Lol what the fuck is this shit

Namek

Neo Member
Good.

Because I'm not allowed to buy anything, ever, from countries outside of mine? Fuck importing anything, including food.

jacobeid

Banned
Good.

Fuck me for pre-ordering the Splatoon 2 joycons from Amazon Japan because NoA didn't release them and I am greedy and the WORST.

Brb I'm going to sit in time out.

Poppy

Good.

YOU'LL NEVER STOP ME, I AM AN AMERICAN

JABEE

I understand why they won't honor their commitment to these preorders. An honest broker and business would keep the preorders and allocate them accordingly.

Walmart wants the big pop from whenever the pre-order actually goes live so they can have us scrambling and posting links to their website on the sanctioned date.

For the NES Classic, sites like Amazon sold out before they were officially listed and up on the site. Their site crashed. I'm not sure how it worked for Wal-Mart.

Preorders for stuff like this are never fair and organized. It's always a mad rush and is often unannounced. I don't think Friday night's preorders were any different.

chrono01

So basically NoA is going to be NoA and not let us preorder again? Because if so, fuck that.
Just wait for the SNES Classic to sell out instantly and then the comment from NoA that they "under-estimated demand for it and are trying hard to manufacture more for the holidays", only for it to get a one more (extremely small) shipment before Christmas, at which point it's discontinued to make way for the N64 Classic where everything will repeat all over again.

I want to be wrong, I really do.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Good.

Nintendo is being incompetent.

I only ordered one for myself!

yes, I know the point

I mean, 95% of people in games press don't identify as journalist so whats the point in asking them to be journalist when it's clearly not there job? Just because you want them to be journalist doesn't mean they are. You should probably stop shit talking a career you clearly know very little about.

I understand why they won't honor their commitment to these preorders. An honest broker and business would keep the preorders and allocate them accordingly.

Walmart wants the big pop from whenever the pre-order actually goes live so they can have us scrambling and posting links to their website on the sanctioned date.

For the NES Classic, sites like Amazon sold out before they were officially listed and up on the site. Their site crashed. I'm not sure how it worked for Wal-Mart.

Preorders for stuff like this are never fair and organized. It's always a mad rush and is often unannounced. I don't think Friday night's preorders were any different.

What are you even talking about?

Dang. I'm really sorry that you guys had your orders cancelled! No one who actually wanted one or who was trying to genuinely help others deserves to get theirs cancelled.

Nintendo of America really needs to address this situation. At least tell us if there are gonna be no preorders period.

Top Bottom