• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

celebi23

image.png

Got a similar story. I spoke to a customer support supervisor. Nintendo of America gave walmart a preorder date. Page went live. NoA contacted them saying preorder date was inaccurate and they didn't have the stock for the preorders. Hence the cancelations. The supervisor I spoke to said I would have to speak with NoA directly to see if/when the new preorder date is.

jennetics

Wal-Mart has nothing to do with what I'm referring to. The fact that I need to babysit fucking preorder timings ON THE FUCKING DOT in order to try to get their products - TIME AND TIME AGAIN - is goddamned inexcusable.

Combined with the idiotic content blocked amiibo bullshit they have been forcing as of late, their idiotic approach to 90% of anything online related, and so many other things I won't even mention...I'm just getting fed up with their practices as a company and sooner or later I'm going to be done with them.

Coming from someone who used to be a Nintendo fanboy, for some context.

It's crazy how if Sony/Microsoft pulled stuff like this our wallets would most certainly vote against them. Nintendo just has such a hold on people.

Kadin

True or not first level chat or phone support almost certainly has zero clue about why things like this happen.
It's not of the realm of possibility that the powers that be decided to relay this info to the front-line staff via email or whatever. I've done front-line support and we'd get messages all the time to relay to customers as they happened.

This just confirms my decision of buying the Japanese Famicom Mini is worth it and waiting for the US release is a fool's errand for me.

I hope I'm wrong in the end though because I really think the SNES Mini looks really good.

Well, I placed 2 orders (no, not for scalping - 1 for myself and 1 for my sister) - 2 separate orders of 1 unit each, that is - 1 for shipping and 1 for in-store pickup.
So far I've only received 1 cancellation notice (again, there were 2 separate orders, not 1 order of 2 units).

Wondering if that means 1 of them is still active...

Well, I placed 2 orders (no, not for scalping - 1 for myself and 1 for my sister) - 2 separate orders of 1 unit each, that is - 1 for shipping and 1 for in-store pickup.
So far I've only received 1 cancellation notice (again, there were 2 separate orders, not 1 order of 2 units).

Wondering if that means 1 of them is still active...

It is for now, but will be nuked soon.

Rival

Gold Member
The only people who are going to be able to get these consoles are the scalpels. Why do they force people to wait in hours long lines for the chance they might get one? Open preorders and make enough to meet demand.

RedZaraki

Banned
Wal-Mart has nothing to do with what I'm referring to. The fact that I need to babysit fucking preorder timings ON THE FUCKING DOT in order to try to get their products - TIME AND TIME AGAIN - is goddamned inexcusable.

Combined with the idiotic content blocked amiibo bullshit they have been forcing as of late, their idiotic approach to 90% of anything online related, and so many other things I won't even mention...I'm just getting fed up with their practices as a company and sooner or later I'm going to be done with them.

Coming from someone who used to be a Nintendo fanboy, for some context.

Truth bombs.

Hold it together gaf. We will get thru this together. At least all those scummy scalpers that ordered 2 got cancelled as well.

Stay strong my friends we still have switch, right? Can they recall those and take them away from us??

cordy

Banned
The only people who are going to be able to get these consoles are the scalpels.
Nah, some of us regular folk will get em, just not enough. Nintendo's got problems and honestly in 2017 we've dealt with a decade of "I can't find a Nintendo product" issues. I never remember having this problem before then. Shit's sickening.

I took off of work on the day of just so I can use it, I'm using PTO. It shouldn't be this way but hey that's Nintendo's dumbass.

Blizzard

Banned
I had a single preorder maybe 20-30 minutes after it went up and mine got cancelled.

The only way the email wording makes sense is if A) Nintendo is truly allowing no preorders, which is weird since people are reporting other retailers will do preorders, or B) Wal-mart is actually getting very little stock and couldn't even cover a fraction of the orders they received.

Future

Just keep an eye on prime now the day it comes out. For the switch I just logged on at midnight and ordered one next day delivery. Went to sleep at 12:15. Woke up with switch in hand

Blizzard

Banned
Just keep an eye on prime now the day it comes out. For the switch I just logged on at midnight and ordered one next day delivery. Went to sleep at 12:15. Woke up with switch in hand
What's the difference -- Prime Now got more stock than normal Amazon Prime in the past? Does it only work for certain regions?

Top Bottom