• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Received an email from GAME saying my payment was declined. I have 48 hours to update my credit card information. Weird.

edit: shit, I checked out as a guest back in June. Now I have to create an account, which entails entering an valid UK address. Help? I don't know the London format for addresses.

edit2: apparently I could enter my actual address.

mcmmaster

Anyone ordered from Nintendo UK, does your dispatch date still say 29th?

Don't they usually ship early and at 3-5 day delivery speed, been a while since I last used them.

EDIT: Nevermind, just got an email from them that it's dispatching soon.

there you go

xYw84RrcZ80.jpg

k4YT064XQLE.jpg

Source

Awesome, this box is gonna see so much love in my house

SOLDIER

What was needed to hack the NES Mini?

If it’s just an SD card or something, I might order one in advance from Amazon just to make sure I’ve got enough storage.

bryanee

Just received the exact same email for the order I have there, nothing from Amazon yet though :(

You wont get an email from Amazon until it ships and if you're in the UK that wont be until the day before.

Nintendo UK just emailed me to says they will be taking payment soon.

What was needed to hack the NES Mini?

If it's just an SD card or something, I might order one in advance from Amazon just to make sure I've got enough storage.

No SD card or anything like that. Just a free program you download off the internet.

These system don't have a slot of an SD card or any way to expand storage. You're stuck with what storage it comes with (which is about 512MB with a good chunk of it taken by the system files).

GAME is packing my order. Here's hoping it doesn't get lost. Still waiting for the Metroid LE from them.

I'm waiting for customer service through chat. They couldn't process my credit card. Thankfully the email said they would hold my order for 48 hours. I hope I can make this work out. I'm stressed.

sugarless

Me and my brother both got our GAME packing emails. However, his is being sent to our parents' home address by mistake. Double and triple check your postage addresses, people!

muteki

Pending charge on my card for my walmart order. Otherwise my order status page is the same and still says Oct. 5th. No change one way or another for my Amazon.co.uk one.

Shiggy

Amazon UK says my order will only be shipped on Thursday, so definitely won't arrive at launch. At least their orders are using tracked shipping. My Metroid Legacy Edition from GAME is completely missing in action and should have arrived by now...

tbh I imagine they plugged the security hole present in the NES classic.
Even if they did (doubt it) hackers will find another hole to exploit. No static piece of software is impenetrable. As long as the physical data connection is working, this will be done. And it will be glorious.

zigg

Even if they did (doubt it) hackers will find another hole to exploit. No static piece of software is impenetrable. As long as the physical data connection is working, this will be done.
The physical data connection does not need to be working for the console to function as sold.

Fox1304

21910795_1916875828562423_4675518024244002816_n.jpg

Got mine ! Thanks FIFA for having the same release date as this, so Micromania managed to sell them early to avoid being stomped by people :)

Shiggy

The physical data connection does not need to be working for the console to function as sold.

Is there any way for Nintendo to disable it after loading the software onto the system? Wouldn't that require them to disassemble the system again?

seb

Banned
Micromania has broken street date in France. They got 120 at my nearby store today and started selling them immediately. We were even warned by SMS.

Edit: GAF was faster than me, always is.

You ga dam BISHES. Get to play this stuff early while the rest of us are still trying to figure out if our pre-orders will get to us on Friday.

#OldManYelling

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I don't see any new pending charges from walmart on my card

execute panic.exe

JP

Nintendo Store UK said:
Dear JP,

Thank you for your recent pre-order through the Nintendo Official UK Store.

We are happy to inform you that your product(s) will be dispatched very soon, and as such payment will be charged to your chosen payment method.

If you paid for your order with PayPal, to avoid any delays in shipment please ensure that you have sufficient funds in your PayPal account to cover the price of your order.

Should you require any further assistance with this or anything else, you can contact us by sending a message via your Official Store account.

Kind Regards,
Nintendo Official UK Store
Come on, send it!!!!!!

I bought from Nintendo Uk and they sent me an email saying they're getting ready to ship and to make sure there's enough credit on my Paypal account to pay for it.

Looking forward to it

Morts

I still don't believe my Wal Mart order won't get canceled.

Just in case though, any recommendations for controller cable extensions?

_Rob_

I bought from Nintendo Uk and they sent me an email saying they're getting ready to ship and to make sure there's enough credit on my Paypal account to pay for it.

Looking forward to it

Same here, I can't wait to introduce my dad to Kirby's Dream Course!

Haano

Three of my orders in the UK had been confirmed, so I've cancelled one as I dont need that many.

Now I have 1 spare...

Nvm a friend from work was desperate and now she has it!

jennetics

I haven't posted too much in this thread (or the one's before it) but I just wanted to say that it has been a pleasure getting to know some of you over the past month or so.

One more week til we can (hopefully) all have our SNES minis in our hands.

maxcriden

Amazon UK says my order will only be shipped on Thursday, so definitely won't arrive at launch. At least their orders are using tracked shipping. My Metroid Legacy Edition from GAME is completely missing in action and should have arrived by now...

Same, says Thursday shipping. So I don't expect it for a bit.

Hope you get your MLE from GAME soon.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Got a text from Argos (UK) saying that mine's going to be delivered on Friday. Looking forward to giving it a go, especially if I can add more games to it.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Anyone here have any experience of pre-ordering with Amazon UK? I have had my SNES pre-order since they opened it in June and had a look at the order page today. It says it's arriving here in Ireland on release day on Friday, when are they likely to charge me?

I'm not paid until about 4am on Thursday morning, so if they charge me before that it will get rejected. I assume if this happens I will lose my pre-order?

Anyone?

cordy

Banned
Just realized that my Amazon order has 2-Day shipping so instead of Friday I'll get mine Saturday. Damn.

I guess that'll give me an extra day of FFIX while I wait. I can get some work done as well.

Just realized that my Amazon order has 2-Day shipping so instead of Friday I'll get mine Saturday. Damn.

I guess that'll give me an extra day of FFIX while I wait. I can get some work done as well.

Does Amazon not do release day delivery for videogame stuff anymore? (Assuming Prime membership)

maxcriden

Does Amazon not do release day delivery for videogame stuff anymore? (Assuming Prime membership)

They do with Prime.

--

My Thinkgeek preorder has been charged. This is opposite to what their customer service told me. Maybe I will get it Friday!

Amazon has been notoriously bad for a while with getting things to people on release day even when release day delivery is promised. I've seen an inordinate number of complaints about it here on GAF. I've had the same experience myself. Ordinarily I recommend people contact CS for some recompense, but in this case I'd personally be concerned about anything happening to the order so I would just await its arrival (or see if I could get it in person somewhere Friday.)

I am going to post here also...I don't want my stupid expensive Gamestop wireless controller SNES bundle anymore. If someone else wants it before I cancel, it is all yours at cost of $180.29 plus shipping to get it to you. This is the bundle with a SNES classic, 2 extra wireless yok controllers, and some nintend book or something.

Top Bottom