• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

SOLDIER

You know what I’d really like? A thread that collects all of the commercials, magazine ads, and any other interesting stuff from each game during their original release.

It would probably be too big to fit them all in one thread, so maybe one thread for each game? Too bad we couldn’t do a “21 SNES Games Countdown” or something.

Either way I really want to start seeing that stuff.

neonglow

From /r/miniSNES, it seems some Walmart's have placed them on shelf and a few people were successful in purchasing them.

Xc8dR3c.jpg

Looks like a pending charge showed up on my bank card for the price of the SNES mini...which is the only think it could be.

Lets see if Wal-mart comes through.

Tevious

It's always Walmart...

Someone needs to plug it into a PC and tell us if the computer recognizes a data connection. That means hacking is a go.

Not sure if true, but I read someone say on GBAtemp that the guy who wrote hakchi is like 99% convinced that it will be the exact same process, based on the information he was given from people who had one early.

For those who preordered at Best Buy: my status says "processing" and payment says "awaiting authorization." Is this correct? I thought my previous preorders of whatever product always went to the "preparing" stage, but I could be misremembering. I had to update my payment option so I hope I didn't mess anything up.

I also got the "awaiting authorization" status and I never changed payment info. I did do the order as in store pickup instead of shipping so maybe it's related to that?

For Walmart, as soon as it's midnight, are you able to buy the SNES classic? Sorry if it's already been answered. I am thinking about going to toyrus or Best Buy early to see if there's a chance of me picking one up without preordering.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Anyone here have any experience of pre-ordering with Amazon UK? I have had my SNES pre-order since they opened it in June and had a look at the order page today. It says it's arriving here in Ireland on release day on Friday, when are they likely to charge me?

I'm not paid until about 4am on Thursday morning, so if they charge me before that it will get rejected. I assume if this happens I will lose my pre-order?

Top Bottom