• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

bumpkin

Target's around me in PA seem to be getting 40 minimum and 80 max. Though, like 70% aren't showing there stock yet.
I have two Targets near me, one is showing 36, the other is showing 0. I hope that zero turns into a positive number, it's five minutes from my house. That's far more attractive than 15 miles (25 minutes).

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
Any news if the SNES mini is hackable like its predecessor?

Still not showing a date on my Amazon US preorder. Thinking about cancelling my U.K. Amazon preorder, but still feels like I’m a bit in the woods here.

Amazon UK has a shipping date marked for Thursday.

hopefully my order isn't delayed -> cancelled because I'm tempted to haul my ass over to target on Friday.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Any news if the SNES mini is hackable like its predecessor?

It's speculated that it uses the same (or at least similar) internals as the NES Classic, but we won't really know how hackable these are until the right people get their hands on one. It seems likely that Nintendo would have patched out the ability to transfer data to the device via USB, which is what made the NES Classic hackable.

But it's Nintendo, so who knows.

Shiggy

It's speculated that it uses the same (or at least similar) internals as the NES Classic, but we won't really know how hackable these are until the right people get their hands on one. It seems likely that Nintendo would have patched out the ability to transfer data to the device via USB, which is what made the NES Classic hackable.

But it's Nintendo, so who knows.

Isn't that how they got their own software onto the device in the first place?

OldLogos

Banned
I am going to post here also...I don't want my stupid expensive Gamestop wireless controller SNES bundle anymore. If someone else wants it before I cancel, it is all yours at cost of $180.29 plus shipping to get it to you. This is the bundle with a SNES classic, 2 extra wireless yok controllers, and some nintend book or something.

Hey I just saw this post and I'm wondering if you're still offering this. I live in NYC, whereabouts would you be shipping from?

Can someone help me with ordering a UK version through GAME? GAME tried to process my order but it triggered my CC's fraud detection and declined it. The e-mail says to create an account since I did a guest transaction. I did a guest one because I had the longest problem of not being able to create an account without it saying there's a problem when I try to register it. Using the link they supplied, still the same problem. I try to just simply sign in and it asks for a verification code which they do send me and then it actually lets me register my info so the account is created not through the link in e-mail but just on their site. It's the same e-mail used to create the order BTW. So now that I log in, under My Orders, it tells me I don't have any orders linked to the account yet. Does it take time to show up or did it just not link my guest order to the account? Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Koobion

I paid for mine with PayPal, and earlier they texted me about authorizing the payment, but I didn't reply for an hour or so, and the request expired. I'm assuming my order is screwed. I emailed the seller, but is that my best move?

amnesiac

50 in stock at a Target near me sounds like a lot. Maybe I'm way wrong but I don't think there will be that many people lining up so maybe I'll drop by when they open.

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks guys

Hope my order will arrive this Friday (Amazon.de)

Bii

50 in stock at a Target near me sounds like a lot. Maybe I'm way wrong but I don't think there will be that many people lining up so maybe I'll drop by when they open.

I wouldn't underestimate the demand, especially if you really want one, you should go earlier than the store's opening to ensure you get one.

ZugZug123

My GAME preorder is preparing for shipment!

to the US

Same here! Since it's in pounds I'm paying extra for it but better to have it than cancel and find out it's all sold out in the US. If it ends up readily available I will just buy one more to gift in the holidays.

amnesiac

I wouldn't underestimate the demand, especially if you really want one, you should go earlier than the store's opening to ensure you get one.

Yeah, maybe I'll go a bit earlier.

Does anyone remember if the NES Classic has the ability to remap controller buttons? I'm wondering if the SNES Classic controller can be used with it -- Y/B on the SNES controller always felt way more natural than A/B for NES games. Hated how the 3DS used the A/B buttons for NES VC games.

rackham

Banned
So I have my preorder paid in full at Gamestop yet there's some small part of me that worries that they won't have it when I get there on Friday. Lord help them if they don't.

HYDE

Banned
If anyone wants to sell me their UK SNES MiNi let me know. I prefer that edition to the US version. I am in Spokane, WA and can PayPal.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Amazon UK -> US order still not changing status. Worried my order will get bumped as it says "Estimated arrival date Oct 4th- 10th)

Ugh, and now I'm having login problems at GAME again. It's coming up as a null account. It was working 15 min ago. Is this because I'm in the US? I've tried on Chrome and Edge browsers but the same problem.

cordy

Banned
Just spoke to amazon UK As my order was due for delivery on Saturday. They bumped it to release day delivery free of charge (also not a prime customer)

What? How's that possible? What shipping did you get?

Mine's on 2-Day shipping so I wonder if mine will be bumped up too.

This is a good sign. Looking forward to putting Actraiser, Breath of Fire, and Chrono Trigger on mine so I never have to hook my SNES up again.

I was just thinking about this the other day. I've never sold a system in my life, always kept them in boxes with the intent to either hook them up occasionally or pass them down to my eventual kids. But if I can just hack my NES/SNES collection onto my NES Mini and SNES Mini... then aside from the nostalgia of owning the old hardware I have no real reason to keep them anymore. Which is kind of sad since sooooooo many memories are tied to those systems and games but also kind of liberating? But I'm sure there's some enthusiast out there that would better use them than letting them sit forever in a closet or attic... and it's not like those memories will just disappear.

Man if they do wind up making an N64 Mini and it's also somehow hackable... I could sell so much of my collection. Damn.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Got mine, smaller than I thought!

9hvpmaQ.jpg

Nairume

Banned
My Best Buy order is still saying "preordered" and that they are waiting for payment authorization, despite having already previously put a temporary charge on my back account for the preorder.

They better not fuck me on this.

Ugh, and now I'm having login problems at GAME again. It's coming up as a null account. It was working 15 min ago. Is this because I'm in the US? I've tried on Chrome and Edge browsers but the same problem.

I've ordered from GAME.uk before (i'm from the USA), didn't have any problems with the browsers / not logging in.

This sounds like a security issue. If you're on a work computer, try your own personal computer or your cell phone.

Can someone help me with ordering a UK version through GAME? GAME tried to process my order but it triggered my CC's fraud detection and declined it. The e-mail says to create an account since I did a guest transaction. I did a guest one because I had the longest problem of not being able to create an account without it saying there's a problem when I try to register it. Using the link they supplied, still the same problem. I try to just simply sign in and it asks for a verification code which they do send me and then it actually lets me register my info so the account is created not through the link in e-mail but just on their site. It's the same e-mail used to create the order BTW. So now that I log in, under My Orders, it tells me I don't have any orders linked to the account yet. Does it take time to show up or did it just not link my guest order to the account? Any suggestions on how to fix this?

I don't think most retailers out there do any 'post-order listing' on an account made after the order was placed.

With how complex this story is, and the fact you had it bounce off your card. Calling their International Customer Service is the safest bet then waiting it out. Make sure you have your Credit card available, confirmation email placed with the retailer, and that you've spoken to the bank. Chances are, the bank/CC institution flagged that card and it needs to be removed by you calling them before a purchase over seas can be made.

I was just thinking about this the other day. I've never sold a system in my life, always kept them in boxes with the intent to either hook them up occasionally or pass them down to my eventual kids. But if I can just hack my NES/SNES collection onto my NES Mini and SNES Mini... then aside from the nostalgia of owning the old hardware I have no real reason to keep them anymore. Which is kind of sad since sooooooo many memories are tied to those systems and games but also kind of liberating? But I'm sure there's some enthusiast out there that would better use them than letting them sit forever in a closet or attic... and it's not like those memories will just disappear.

Man if they do wind up making an N64 Mini and it's also somehow hackable... I could sell so much of my collection. Damn.
If you sell your original carts, the ROMs you added to your NES/SNES Mini become illegal.

My GameStop says there getting some extra copies. Any idea how early I should show up to the store?

You're not already in line?

Too late.

But seriously, do a few drive bys the night before. I slept in my damn car overnight for that "big" NES refresh at Best Buy and people generally started showing up at like 5/6am. If you're hell bent on getting it a comfy chair and spending the night should do you good.

maxcriden

Are they ACTUALLY going to make these readily available?

I feel like so many people are putting stock into Reggie when he's burned us before.

Is this still the right DCPI for Target?

http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-29-7001

Showing as none in my area.

The WM brickseek link (https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=741-65-9089) shows as "check back before launch" for local story inventories. Any way to see those or any idea when they'll show up as numbers?

Target now shows for all nearby locations:

On Hand Qty: 0

Saleable Qty: 0

Out of stock

Edit: 36 consoles at one nearby location! Yippee. I hope.

Edit: 54 at another!

Is this still the right DCPI for Target?

http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-29-7001

Showing as none in my area.

The WM brickseek link (https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=741-65-9089) shows as "check back before launch" for local story inventories. Any way to see those or any idea when they'll show up as numbers?

I'm in NYC, and all the Targets near me will have 100+ in stock.

Yeah, it's going to be laughably easy to get one on Friday if you want one.

Top Bottom