• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

sotojuan

Amazon has been notoriously bad for a while with getting things to people on release day even when release day delivery is promised. I've seen an inordinate number of complaints about it here on GAF. I've had the same experience myself. Ordinarily I recommend people contact CS for some recompense, but in this case I'd personally be concerned about anything happening to the order so I would just await its arrival (or see if I could get it in person somewhere Friday.)

That sucks. I live in a big city so maybe it's easier to get stuff here on time.

That said, I am switching to Best Buy for preorders because I can pick up at store when the store opens - Amazon ships through UPS and UPS gets to my apartment at 7pm.

I think it started with adding additional ROMs, but expanded to adding RetroArch and additional emulators.

Oooh, I hope they figure out how to add Tetris Attack. I can think of two dozen other titles I'd like to see as well, but that's the only one whose omission would make me keep my original SNES handy.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Damn, ThinkGeek charged me. I regret that one. I'll be shipping it back if I can't find one elsewhere.

Amazon has been notoriously bad for a while with getting things to people on release day even when release day delivery is promised. I've seen an inordinate number of complaints about it here on GAF. I've had the same experience myself. Ordinarily I recommend people contact CS for some recompense, but in this case I'd personally be concerned about anything happening to the order so I would just await its arrival (or see if I could get it in person somewhere Friday.)

That's really disappointing. At least u get a free month of Prime out of it.

maxcriden

That sucks. I live in a big city so maybe it's easier to get stuff here on time.

That said, I am switching to Best Buy for preorders because I can pick up at store when the store opens - Amazon ships through UPS and UPS gets to my apartment at 7pm.

Yeah, I should say I've had amazing luck with BB preorders, all have come day one and occasionally a day early. That's for games and amiibos.

sotojuan

Damn, ThinkGeek charged me. I regret that one. I'll be shipping it back if I can't find one elsewhere.

I might head to Target early on Friday and return my Thinkgeek if I can find it there. A TG rep told me they charge when they ship, but they told me they would ship in early October... so I'm confused!

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I might head to Target early on Friday and return my Thinkgeek if I can find it there. A TG rep told me they charge when they ship, but they told me they would ship in early October... so I'm confused!
Yeah I was expecting their orders to ship next week as well, so I thought I had more time. I guess I should just be happy I'm getting one.

(fuck that stupid SMB cartridge canteen though)

PSFan

I think you may be exaggerating a bit. I've never had any troubles getting my Amazon orders delivered on release day. It could be because my account goes directly to my checking account for payment instead of using credit cards. It seems like most people who have trouble use credit cards.

Silvawuff

The "sold as a bundle" thing that ThinkGeek and GameStop are doing seems like incredibly shitty business practice to me. I forget the technical term for it, but isn't it illegal to impose the purchase of extra stuff in order to purchase something?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Ah, sorry, missed that.

Yeah, that wasn't very smart on Nintendo's part, unless of course they secretly like that more people will buy it if it's hackable.

I doubt that's much of a consideration one way or the other. It's likely going to sell our regardless. On the other hand I can't see them minding that much; downloading SNES roms of game you don't still have the SNES cartridge for is technically piracy but it's not like people are taking money of of Nintendo's pocket by... not buying the now non-existent SNES cartridge retail?

Got a confirmation that my game.uk order is being shipped. I got the EU version just because I had a super famicom back in the day and preferred its design

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Are they ACTUALLY going to make these readily available?

I feel like so many people are putting stock into Reggie when he's burned us before.

Multiple people who work at retailers have reported much larger incoming quantities for their stores than the NES classic, at least. It's anecdotes but it's a good sign.

sotojuan

I feel like so many people are putting stock into Reggie when he's burned us before.

On release day you won't be able to get one unless you go at midnight or when the store opens. After that, we don't know how often stock will be refreshed.

It'll never be easy to find but it won't be like the NES Classic.

Personally, I am glad I got one. I don't care for Nintendo consoles after SNES so I am done with this madness.

They're definitely sending more out for launch than they did with the NESCE. But demand is high, so don't expect to just casually stroll into a store on Friday afternoon and grab one.

Heel

I feel like demand will still outstrip supply and after the launch it will be dry through the holidays at retail, going in and out of stock online. That's my opinion, anyway.

maxcriden

I think you may be exaggerating a bit. I've never had any troubles getting my Amazon orders delivered on release day. It could be because my account goes directly to my checking account for payment instead of using credit cards. It seems like most people who have trouble use credit cards.

It could be that, yeah. And I'm sincerely glad to hear you've had good luck with them. Respectfully, though, I don't believe I'm exaggerating.. I said they have been notoriously bad, and I stand by that politely - in any new release thread or OT you will see several people complaining that Amazon will miss the delivery day. I've PM'd countless users to advise them to contact Amazon CS to see if there's anything to be done.

Multiple people who work at retailers have reported much larger incoming quantities for their stores than the NES classic, at least. It's anecdotes but it's a good sign.

This, plus the Wario64 info on 9/23:

Update: Target will receive a minimum of 20 units per store for SNES Classic on September 29th.

1,816 stores in US x 20 units = AT LEAST 36,320 units in Target stores at launch https://t.co/Mab0Uo3n58

Also, most Target stores will be receiving 20-50 units at the beginning of the week. SNES Classic launches on Sept 29th. Good luck https://t.co/Mab0Uo3n58

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/911785945464061952

jrcbandit

I feel like demand will still outstrip supply and after the launch it will be dry through the holidays at retail, going in and out of stock online. That's my opinion, anyway.
That's what I think will happen too. I expect a huge restock right before Black Friday, but it won't really be available on shelves until 2018.

Anoregon

What mode is everyone planning to use? I'll probably go with the CRT filter, as I've grown accustomed to liking scanlines in my emulation.

Is pixel perfect worth using for any games? I tend to pretty immediately notice how it messes with the aspect ratio (circles become ovals, for example) and that's usually not a sacrifice I can tolerate for the otherwise increased fidelity.

Lucas Sparks

Neo Member
Noooooo, my stupid Game.uk preorder didn't go through cause Wellsfargo blocked the purchase because it didn't think I'd randomly buy something from the UK. Now I can't reconfirm it! Gahhhhh

Game contacted me saying there was issue processing my payment, said it was declined.

Now it’s suddenly available to view on my account and I’m debating whether to put in my info and let them process it again or just cancel it.

Can i please check in with everyone regarding adding games to the snes mini.
I read this morning that like the nes mini this one can have games added to it, is this true?
If so what do you need to add games? Is it difficult?
All i want to be able to add is the other 2 donkey kong games alongside super bomberman and i'll keep my pre-order.

KaYotiX

Banned

So far I've heard that stores got quite a few unlike the NES classic. So here is hoping.

I'd love to just walk in and grab one eventually

Joey Ravn

Banned
My Amazon UK pre-order has been sitting there since June 26th. I can hardly wait for my SNES Classic to get here next week. Hopefully it's hackable out of the gate, since the NES Classic is already a done deal :)

Jarnet87

Going to hit up Target an hour before they open, that is all I care to wait. It's a pretty big store so as long as I see less than say 25-30 people at that time I'll wait and try my luck.

If you ordered in France, some places are already getting them. Ninty apparently bumped up the release by a couple days so as not to coincide with the release of FIFA, which given its popularity here is best avoided.

Just spent an hour playing Mega Man X :D

My area is getting 49-50 per store in both target and
Best buy, bb is using a ticket system which might give me a better shot than at target

Target Brickseek DCPI for those who wanna get a rough idea of inventory in their area (if available; not all areas showing info at this time): 207-29-7001

pbsapeer

Banned
Just spoke to amazon UK As my order was due for delivery on Saturday. They bumped it to release day delivery free of charge (also not a prime customer)

Top Bottom