• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

GAME is packing my order.

phew

There was some issues with the order and I had to call them yesterday. My credit card company had flagged the transaction as fraudulous, lol. I had to call them.

I have no money in my bank account and my credit card is maxed out, so I am hoping they don't take payment over the course if the next 10 hours before I get paid!!

The countdown is on....

I have no money in my bank account and my credit card is maxed out, so I am hoping they don't take payment over the course if the next 10 hours before I get paid!!

The countdown is on....

Where did you order form? They might hold stock for a couple of days while they retry the card or request a new one from you depending on the retailer. Either way I hope it works out.

ToastyFrog

Inexplicable Treasure Hate
Um that looks wrong! That’s not how it was on a real SNES! The whole background/foreground didn’t disappear like that whenever you touched a fuzzy! Wtf? Nintendo fucking up emulation once again...

Looks to me like they deliberately removed the flashing effect caused by touching Fuzzy as part of their standard practice to remove or tone down strobing light effects that could induce seizures.

Where did you order form? They might hold stock for a couple of days while they retry the card or request a new one from you depending on the retailer. Either way I hope it works out.

Thanks bud. One from Amazon UK and the other from Nintendo's Official UK site. Neither have been marked yet so I am hoping I can see out the rest of the day, and perhaps payment will be taken tomorrow for shipping on Friday. Talk about cutting it close.

Anyone know when Game live chat opens up? I waited all day yesterday and never got helped because they had (134) people ahead of me.

I want to cancel my order but they disable that option once they get into the preparing phase.

I don’t want to pay $112 for that model now that I know my US console is secure.

bumclot

No movement on my Walmart order and I got an alert last night that my credit card had been used fraudulently on the other side of the country and they're replacing my card. The Visa rep was able to put in an exemption for online orders on my current card until October 3 though, when my SNESC is supposed to ship, so I just pray that works. Argh!
Anyone have any experience with this?

Where are you seeing these? The Brickseek links aren't working for me, as they show a message saying "check back prior to launch."

Edit: seems zoolert was working but is now not.

It only worked for a few hours yesterday then they went to the "Check back prior to launch". It looks like maybe they were populating stock and then realized it was populated before hiding it.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
My SNES classic shipped from Target, should arrive in a couple days. Initially it said I wasn’t getting till Oct 6th so that’s a nice surprise.

Paid off the last of my preorder at Gamestop yesterday. I'm really thankful I was able to get an in-store preorder, otherwise I would be screwed. I work from 9-noon on Fridays and I have a family picnic to go to afterwards.

Boke1879

Best Buy is probably going to ship out tomorrow to make sure it gets here on Friday. They usually do this with games for me. They'll ship 1-2 days before. Of course I'm sure it's different everywhere.

ZOONAMI

So do we think it’s realistic to walk into a store sometime on Friday and grab one of these or gonna have to do midnight or wait in line in the morning? I can’t really do that with work, hoping I can still get one Friday afternoon.

None of my pre-orders have shipped. Target is the only one still saying I will get the SNES on Friday. I think at this point my only safe bet is GameStop.

~Still hasn't shipped~

Come on Best Buy, you were doing so well

Mine says "Preparing" still too. I assume it has to do with distance from distribution center to the delivery address. They might hold some back to assure they don't arrive earlier than launch day.

At least I hope that's what's holding us up. :(

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
At this point I'm not expecting my Walmart order to ship until Friday. It's been saying showing a delivery date of Oxt 3 since I placed the order, so that would make sense.

maxcriden

So do we think it’s realistic to walk into a store sometime on Friday and grab one of these or gonna have to do midnight or wait in line in the morning? I can’t really do that with work, hoping I can still get one Friday afternoon.

It's really going to depend on your area and store. A lot of units are coming in by all indications. We don't know if stores are doing one per person or not. We also don't know which stores are doing a ticket system where you go in advance to get a ticket and when those tickets would be given out. We also don't know which 24 hr locations are doing midnight releases or if any stores that are normally 24 hours are doing so. So, my advice is to call your local store(s) tomorrow or Thursday (they may have a better idea by Thursday) to see what their plans are, and keep an eye on the Brickseek and Zoolert to see if the trackers start showing in-stock quantities again.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=741-65-9089
http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-29-7001

https://www.zoolert.com/target-inventory-checker/?ic=207-29-7001
(local store product checkers dropdown menu on this page will show WM and BB options also - for WM I think you use the WM SKU above - it's not working at the moment)

Fjordson

Mine says "Preparing" still too. I assume it has to do with distance from distribution center to the delivery address. They might hold some back to assure they don't arrive earlier than launch day.

At least I hope that's what's holding us up. :(
Mine is too breh. Super nervous.

Maiar_m

So I got mine yesterday (France, Micromania, etc...) and I've set it up on my secondary PC screen's second HDMI port (home office). Having a little FFVI break here and then is pretty fun I have to say. Hope all of you people will get yours soon!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Best Buy is probably going to ship out tomorrow to make sure it gets here on Friday. They usually do this with games for me. They'll ship 1-2 days before. Of course I'm sure it's different everywhere.

Probably this. Mine is in the preparing stage after charging my card last night.

I keep checking my BestBuy order for an update and seeing nothing, and then remembering I got it for Store Pickup and they only email you the night before and charge when you get it. Derp.

Really exciteddddddd

I keep checking my BestBuy order for an update and seeing nothing, and then remembering I got it for Store Pickup and they only email you the night before and charge when you get it. Derp.

Really exciteddddddd

Yeah, except, they'll charge you the night before, when they say it's ready. I got charged for my Metroid amiibos, and when I got there, they hadn't actually received enough to cover their preorders. I was pretty livid about that one...and kind of suspect it's going to happen again.

kaydigi

Yeah, except, they'll charge you the night before, when they say it's ready. I got charged for my Metroid amiibos, and when I got there, they hadn't actually received enough to cover their preorders. I was pretty livid about that one...and kind of suspect it's going to happen again.

What did they do for you, discount?

Top Bottom