• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

AkumaNiko

from reddit, best buy stores in Texas are STACKED

j9ayra1zf9oz.jpg

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Was charged for my Walmart order yesterday but order is still "preparing."

Caja 117

Will there be a problem that my credit card is dollar based with my Anazon uk purchase, or Amazon/my bank will take care of the currency difference?

vgamer1

from reddit, best buy stores in Texas are STACKED

j9ayra1zf9oz.jpg

Enough for day 1. Maybe will last a few hours. Depends on if BBY will limit sales.

EDIT: Also, these don't look like they've been picked for in-store pickup yet, those most likely come out of the same allotment.

EDIT 2: Yep, all online store pickup pre-orders are coming out of that amount.

ThinkGeek realized people are going to be cancelling their orders once they see Nintendo is supplying a lot of those... So they do a preemptive early charge to make cancelling/returning a bigger hassle and not lose as many sales...

ThinkGeek realized people are going to be cancelling their orders once they see Nintendo is supplying a lot of those... So they do a preemptive early charge to make cancelling/returning a bigger hassle and not lose as many sales...

Yep. Man, people are going to pissed when they see how many snes classics are available on launch morning. :)

I imagine this thread is going to get locked by release day? Though the OT is already up.

Really excited to get mine. I preordered two. If they both come through one is going to be an xmas gift for a friend.

Psyae

ThinkGeek's early charge reminded me that I had ordered the bundle with the flask and Tetris lights. I had to send an email to them to request a cancellation, but they managed to cancel it for me.

I sent my email to them about 6 hours after receiving the payment email. They got back to me within 2 hours saying they would put in the cancellation request, and I got the official cancellation/refund email 1 hour after that.

3DShovel

Game tried to charge my card but my bank declined it because it thought it was malicious being international and all...

So GAME has told me I have 24 hours to reprocess the payment via my account... But the order doesn't show in my account...

Been trying to get a hold of them via Live Chat (has been down all day? Wtf?), tried the number on their Contact Us page which does not work, and tried contacting their Twitter account. No dice.

Sounds like my order is getting cancelled for the stupidest reason ever...

Anyone have any advice?

ktroopa

Game tried to charge my card but my bank declined it because it thought it was malicious being international and all...

So GAME has told me I have 24 hours to reprocess the payment via my account... But the order doesn't show in my account...

Been trying to get a hold of them via Live Chat (has been down all day? Wtf?), tried the number on their Contact Us page which does not work, and tried contacting their Twitter account. No dice.

Anyone have any advice?

You are dead. Basically. I had this Exact same issue with my Metroid Samus Returns LE and im in the UK. Bank fraud alert and my order was automatically canceled. I was given no option to change payment or do anything. Kaputt. Sorry I hope you do find a way, but the game website is pure garbage. I do use them still but went with paypal from now on. Will see how it fares down the road...

akileese

Enough for day 1. Maybe will last a few hours. Depends on if BBY will limit sales.

EDIT: Also, these don't look like they've been picked for in-store pickup yet, those most likely come out of the same allotment.

EDIT 2: Yep, all online store pickup pre-orders are coming out of that amount.

Correct me if I'm wrong but when you ordered online they weren't available for in store, just online only.

OmegaFax

Target order changed again ... previously said Arriving by September 29th ... now it's showing a range of dates between Sept 29th-Oct 11th.

3DShovel

You are dead. Basically. I had this Exact same issue with my Metroid Samus Returns LE and im in the UK. Bank fraud alert and my order was automatically canceled. I was given no option to change payment or do anything. Kaputt. Sorry I hope you do find a way, but the game website is pure garbage. I do use them still but went with paypal from now on. Will see how it fares down the road...

Daaang.

I guess I'll try to nab one on Friday then...

Thanks for the response!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Walmart may not actually be shipping until Friday, which could be the reason for the delay.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Walmart may not actually be shipping until Friday, which could be the reason for the delay.

Yeah that's what I'm expecting. It makes sense with the estimated delivery of "By October 3".

crpav

Target is going to screw me I can feel it. It has been preparing for shipping since yesterday and says expected by Thursday September 28th. Originally it said by October 10th. Well I have not been charged yet and it's still preparing to ship. I can just feel things not ending well.

Yep just like that it now says by October 10th. I can feel them cancelling it next.

Blizzard

Banned
Target is going to screw me I can feel it. It has been preparing for shipping since yesterday and says expected by Thursday September 28th. Originally it said by October 10th. Well I have not been charged yet and it's still preparing to ship. I can just feel things not ending well.

Yep just like that it now says by October 10th. I can feel them cancelling it next.
I wouldn't give up, target already shipped mine. Worst case you can probably find one in store.

Letep

Just had $1.36 taken out of my bank account by Amazon UK. Hoping that means something is happening...

That’s the current exchange rate for gbp to usd, so checking for funds is a good sign!

Are you in the States? Did you alert your bank to an upcoming overseas debit card transaction?

Weevilone

So I have 1 Gamestop order that I placed with the app, but it's not in my order history. I have to do guest order lookup and it shows "Open" for status.

I still have Paypal transactions debited that were never reversed for 2 additional Gamestop orders for which I never received order confirmation e-mails. I doubt I receive anything, but I've hesitated to reverse the charges for fear of accidentally screwing up my 1 good order.

On top of that I have a Best Buy order that hasn't moved past "Preparing".

Hopefully I'll end up with 1 out of this.

sotojuan

So I have 1 Gamestop order that I placed with the app, but it's not in my order history. I have to do guest order lookup and it shows "Open" for status.

You mean on their Celery thing (orders.trycelery.com)? I have one in that status as well but it says I paid but "fulfillment" is unfulfilled.

Weevilone

You mean on their Celery thing (orders.trycelery.com)? I have one in that status as well but it says I paid but "fulfillment" is unfulfilled.

I'm not familiar with the Celery thing. I just checked from the Gamestop site using my e-mail address and order number from the e-mail.

I just need 1 of these, so it sucks having multiple orders and still not knowing if it's going to work out.

Anyone have any advice?
Call the 800 number on the back of your card. If it's a debit card they can look up the attempted transaction. Tell them to "white list" the charge. They should be able to confirm this to you over the phone. Then reply to GAME and tell them to run the charge again. All should be well. Good luck!

Got a shipping notification from Amazon!

.....for a completely different game that I had completely forgotten about. I don't even remember preordering it!

What a ride.

WatTsu

I managed to get a Target preorder for the NES Classic in that brief window in August last year when they were up - I didn't get it until the next week. I'm not surprised to hear Target's shipping later.

Still, at least it's coming for you guys! *sits quietly, motionlessly, waiting for Friday morning*

Morts

Wal Mart hasn't charged me yet, order still "Preparing". My controller cable extensions are here though, so I can have some sort of ritual burning ceremony when this all ends in disappointment.

AzerPhire

Flagship EB in Toronto is going to have 500 units for walk-in Friday. I don’t think anyone is going to have a problem getting one this year

Top Bottom