• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

I got charged from ThinkGeek for my SNES and Tetris Lamp. Woohoo I guess.
You're lucky. I had to get the mushroom plush, mug, and calendar bundle. Happy it was charged because that means I'll get it soon, but having to justify frivolous goods and looking at my wallet bums be out.

I guess we're both luckier than those poor Megaman helmet bastards ;P

I'm excited to hook it in and play some Starfox and Yoshi's Island!

I'm going to be in a constant state of feeling ill until Friday morning when I go to Best Buy and my pre-order is waiting for me.

They screwed me on my Metroid amiibo preorder, I totally expect them to screw me on this too. And before someone says "should have had it shipped", I was trying to order super fast and couldn't change it after the fact. :(

Hopeford

So I accidentally ended up with an extra order from Game(friend got me one as a gift, Game order is apparently shipping here now, I live in Canada).

Just letting you guys know, if anyone here missed out on pre-orders, you can have my extra Game one at cost when it gets here :)

So I accidentally ended up with an extra order from Game(friend got me one as a gift, Game order is apparently shipping here now, I live in Canada).

Just letting you guys know, if anyone here missed out on pre-orders, you can have my extra Game one at cost when it gets here :)
Prepare yourself for an onslaugt of PMs, lmao

maxcriden

Laughably easy, based on confirmed stock numbers for big brick and mortar retailers, if you go when they open on launch day. Fully expect launch stock to be gone by day's end, though.

So long as they only allow one per person, I think it will be doable. I don't know about laughably easy, though. I think these may fly off the shelves at opening.

Looking forward to the "Reggie wasn't lying, here's your grilled crow everyone" thread.

O3bwwHN.png

So long as they only allow one per person, I think it will be doable. I don't know about laughably easy, though. I think these may fly off the shelves at opening.

Oh, for sure. People are still in panic mode, so a majority of the stock will be gone at opening, hence why I recommend showing up then.

However, I'm in NYC, a city with 8+ million people, and I'm confident that, if I went to the Best Buy by me which is getting 150 units, I'd have ZERO problem getting one. The longest wait will be spent at check out.

F34R

If there are any at my local wal mart on launch day, I'll get some for people here that otherwise can't get it. It'll be at cost and some help with shipping charges.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Local Target finally updated and is listing 89 in stock.

Feels good mang. Can't imagine that many people lining up at opening.

Does Target limit to one per customer for launches?

RomanceDawn

My local Toys R Us has told me they arrived as early as Saturday and they have a ton. The guy also said it won't be enough so be safe and line up early any way.

spock

Anyone know if you can adjust the quantity of order from target? I have 2 coming and am iffy on the 2nd unit. Cant really get to a target to return it after the fact sadly.

DeathPeak

Local Target finally updated and is listing 89 in stock.

Feels good mang. Can't imagine that many people lining up at opening.

Does Target limit to one per customer for launches?

Can't speak for launch day, but with the second shipment of NES Classics my target got, they limited it to 1 per person (not household/family). A family at the front of the line (mom, dad, teenage kid, and some other family member) all bought 1. They had 6 that day.

TehOh

Have a Walmart preorder, and one for that mysterious Amazon listing. Still nervous and considering going and standing in line Friday morning. What have you done to me Nintendo?

Ovid

I still have my old Sony CRT in storage, but haven't used it since the Wii days.

Except very briefly to test an N64 power supply I bought recently, fired up Pilotwings 64 on that bad boy.
How would I go about using this on a CRT? Do I have to get an HDMI to RCA cable?

Anyone here have movement from the Nintendo store yet? Mine is still at "awaiting stock". The reason I'm pretty concerned is I had to change bank cards between preorder and now and have no way to update until it fails.

How would I go about using this on a CRT? Do I have to get an HDMI to RCA cable?
Using RCA cables is a bad idea if you care about image quality.

You want S-Video at a minimum. Component or RGB ideally.

If your CRT only takes RCA (aka composite video). Throw it out.

I assume HDMI to Component or RGB converters are a thing. Better check with the knowledgeable folks over here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1287575

Top Bottom