• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Spacebar

Wal-Mart has like two guys shipping these things out one at at time. Amazon forgot all about the SNES classics because they're too busy showing off echos. Meanwhile, Best Buy has these things shipping out faster than getting food at the Chic-Fil-A drive through.

My Target order status page used to say "arrives by September 29", then it changed to "between 9/29 and 10/10", and now it says "arrives by Tue, Oct. 10".

Guess they're not in any hurry, sheesh.

mrchad

For what it's worth, I had an ambiguous shipping status with my Amazon BOTW preorder up until my shipping email, which was the day before release.

Edit: forgot to specify Amazon preorder

cordy

Banned
For what it's worth, I had an ambiguous shipping status with my Amazon BOTW preorder up until my shipping email, which was the day before release.

Yeah that's how Amazon usually works with most game preorders.

We're good I'm sure, it's just that this thing is so sought after everyone's on edge. My Yakuza 6 preorder for example says the unknown like the SNES Classic even though it's got a confirmed US date.

styl3s

Yeah i said i think in the other thread that i don't even get the email till the day before and they never ship pre-orders or bill me till the day before. I don't expect to hear anything about my order till tomorrow if mine even ships since i got that email saying mine might come later because they sold more stock than they had which happens quite fucking often and irritating.

BruceCLea

Banned
I preordered my SNES Classic in a GameStop store and I checked the order and it says "Closed." Not charged my gift card or anything. What the fuck.

dysonEA

Seems like everyone who ordered from Best Buy are getting shipment notifications. Yet my order is still in the preparation state since Saturday. Did Best Buy forget me? :(

OmegaDL50

Question for you fine GAF folks.

How long does it usually take for overseas shipping via Prime. In this case Amazon France to US?

SheHateMe

*checks account*
*sees charge for $90.63 from Amazon UK Retail*
*breathes sigh of initial relief*
*starts to play the second stage of The Waiting Game titled "Shipping Woes"*
*tenses up again*

*receives email from Amazon UK*
*"Your order of Classic Mini Super NES has been dispatched."*
*gets hyped for next week*
*sees the delivery date set for October 13th*
*dies at second stage boss and has to retry from the checkpoint*
*continues with extra nervousness to play The Waiting Game*

Got a call from Gamestop about my instore preorder. They were giving a heads up that they’ll only hold the console until midday Saturday instead of the full 48 hours like usual. So if you preordered from Gamestop, plan on picking it up Friday just to be safe and avoid waiting until Saturday if you can.

*Sees Amazon UK charged my card, and shows "Preparing for Dispatch" under Order Summary*

No email yet though. Best Buy pickup is still on standby.

allreal

Amazon PREORDER UK order shipped. Thanks gaf, it was cuz of that initial thread that i got one. Hopefully i can get a US on friday.

My Walmart order finally shipped.
Will be here on October 9th.
I don't want to wait on October 9th.

I'll check Friday if I can get one locally and, if I do, I'll see what to do with the Walmart one.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
My amazon uk order shipped. Getting an Oct 13 delivery date, I’m in California and used Global Standard shipping.

My local store is pretending I never pre ordered and I have a big test at 8AM Friday :( feels bad!

My friend has a UK one pre ordered at least that he can sell me but I was hoping for an NA one! I'm the weirdo that likes NA design better.

My local store is pretending I never pre ordered and I have a big test at 8AM Friday :( feels bad!

My friend has a UK one pre ordered at least that he can sell me but I was hoping for an NA one! I'm the weirdo that likes NA design better.

The NA design is better. At the very least the controller is and I'm not sure how anyone can possibly even debate that.

Maengun1

my amazon status hasn't changed since I placed the order on the night the weirdo non-official listing went up. Stll reads simply:

Not yet shipped
Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.

Based on previous experience it definitely should have shipped by now were I to possibly receive it on Friday

l;kasjdflkjasd;kfjaslkjf;kaldjsf

Persona7

Banned
Oh motherfucker, BB is using UPS Surepost. I hope I end up getting it Friday, but we'll see now.

Amazon uses this often and I never get packages late. It really depends on how late UPS delivers to the post office. If it's after a certain time of day you gotta wait until the next delivery.

my amazon status hasn't changed since I placed the order on the night the weirdo non-official listing went up. Stll reads simply:

Based on previous experience it definitely should have shipped by now were I to possibly receive it on Friday

l;kasjdflkjasd;kfjaslkjf;kaldjsf

Lets save our panicking for midnight tomorrow.

Top Bottom