• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Still no change on my Walmart order. But I did go ahead and drop $6 on a 2-pack of 10ft controller cord extensions on Amazon.

Did any Americans here order one from the UK Amazon site? Have you heard anything yet? I'm really trying to avoid having to do the midnight launch rush to get one. I have a strong feeling that it'll be a battle to the death between me and an old lady trying to get one for little timmy.

Did any Americans here order one from the UK Amazon site? Have you heard anything yet? I'm really trying to avoid having to do the midnight launch rush to get one. I have a strong feeling that it'll be a battle to the death between me and an old lady trying to get one for little timmy.

I did. The order says it'll start prepping on September 28th, so if I don't hear anything then I might start searching on Friday.

jacobeid

Banned
Wouldn't surprise me. Amazon has been fucking up for a while now.

And they'll probably ship it in a box MUCH too large for the item and not use any protective packaging.

A little while ago ago Amazon sent me two PS4 pros that arrived without any protection and were completely and utterly destroyed. Third time they just had someone deliver it locally from Amazon Prime Now.

OmegaFax

I did. The order says it'll start prepping on September 28th, so if I don't hear anything then I might start searching on Friday.

Mine order still says "Not yet Dispatched" and estimated to get here between the 5th and the 10th of October.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I’d love a wireless controller than had a small enough dongle to be able to code the front of the snes Classic. Wonder if we’ll ever see anything like that.
People installed these inside the NES/Famicom Classic consoles to use wireless controllers. Hopefully there's room inside the SNES/SFC Classic consoles for it and it still works with those.

https://www.focusattack.com/brook-nincade-wireless-control-pcba-kit-for-nes-classic-or-famicom-mini/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-UoyOIlDsI

cordy

Banned
On that Amazon thing...

I reached out to CS and asked if I could change my delivery time from 2-Day to 1-Day and the rep checked and said "we could do that but if we did it would ship out for November which is a month later so if you want it sooner then keep it as is" and we left it as is. Now I'm realizing she said a month later said in October was some eta when the reality is right now it says "release date pending" on the site...wow...

If I don't get this thing this week then it'll be the first time Amazon's ever fucked up for me with deliveries. I'll hope that date is tentative given Yakuza 0's release date is unknown as well even though it has a US release date announced.

Anecdotal evidence, but my BOTW Master Edition shipped from amazon the day before release and got to me on release day at around 12 noon.

The problem is all amazon US orders still say "delivery date unknown" so it's not like we have a date. October 11th is fine, it's whatever, it's not like this is missing out on some crucial zeitgest gaming moment.

I think with the reported availability of this thing, anyone who really wants one will have a easier time finding one at a store than waiting for all these retailers to get their act together.

TrojanAg

Seriously, it's increasingly looking like you have a better chance of having one on Friday if you go to a store than if you have a preorder, unless that preorder is Best Buy and maybe Target.

No movement on my BB order but then again, I picked in-store pickup so not too worried. My friend is a bit worried about the Amazon preorder, but she is aware (I did tell her beforehand) that Amazon has sent delay emails to all preorders so hopefully everything will be okay.

Thabass

Talked with Walmart CS and here's what they said about shipments:

Agent: Have you already placed the order?
Me: Yes. The item page says it should be arriving on the release date, but I'd like to know when exactly they will ship out of the warehouse.
Agent: I see, let me check your order status.
Agent:
For security purposes, can you please provide your full billing address?

Me: <redacted>
Agent: Perfect.
Jacob A: I have here that your Super NES Classic Edition will be sent today, then you will be receiving a tracking update soon, do not worry about that, the estimated delivery date I have here is to arrive by Fri, Sep 29.
Me: Okay, excellent. Thank you so much! :)

Well Best Buy cancelled one of my 2 pick up in store orders just now. Hopefully my buddy that it was for is able to get one Friday. Going by stock numbers it shouldn’t be a problem, but still annoying.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Has Amazon or Nintendo actually explained this situation? It’s absolutely ridiculous just as a piece of messaging

Juraash

Target order had updated to Friday delivery and is now somewhere between Friday and October 10. No real changes on the order otherwise. Can't say I'll rest easy until I see a tracking number.

My Amazon.co.uk pre-order, with shipping to the US, is still set as being delivered next week or the week after. We'll see.

Might try to get a US one in town though, if I do I may cancel that one or see if anyone here wants it.

My Amazon.co.uk pre-order, with shipping to the US, is still set as being delivered next week or the week after. We'll see.

Might try to get a US one in town though, if I do I may cancel that one or see if anyone here wants it.
If you click on Track shipment in your order page you'll see that it's set to ship on Oct 28 (technically today, taking time zones into account), so you might not be able to cancel it if you wait much longer.

Boke1879

Holy shit. We'll see, but they are expecting mine to arrive tomorrow. If it does come that early I won't even try and score an extra one.

I mainly just wanted to get another one so I could play it early seeing as I have Friday off. And usually my orders don't arrive until like 3pm in the afternoon.

OmegaDL50

If you plan to go this route. I will gladly pay you the cost plus shipping for it. I missed out on pre-orders despite having Amazon alerts active and everything.

tootie923

My card just got charged, order is now saying Oct 4th-10th, standard shipping, "Preparing for dispatch(!)"

OmegaRed

I just got charged for my amazon.de preorder and it’s preparing to ship. I dont have to be at work until 12 on Friday, so I’m gonna try to snag one at Walmart or Target.

Top Bottom