• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

guyssorry

Which are the best controller extensions? I'm looking at the results on amazon, but there are many options.

Also, has anyone used this 8Bitdo Retro Receiver for their NES Classic? If so, did it work well. The SNES Classic will be a permanent addition to my entertainment system, so I would like to have the best (affordable) accessories with it.

Any input would be hugely hugely appreciated.

First EB marks my preorder as cancelled (it wasn't, thankfully). Then I pay extra for Express shipping thinking I'd get it faster but it's still marked as "Estimated: 5th October". It gets marked as "Shipped" but that's only them sending the shipping info to Australia Post so that the tracker starts.

Oh well, as long as one actually shows up I'll be fine.

gotoadgo

First EB marks my preorder as cancelled (it wasn't, thankfully). Then I pay extra for Express shipping thinking I'd get it faster but it's still marked as "Estimated: 5th October". It gets marked as "Shipped" but that's only them sending the shipping info to Australia Post so that the tracker starts.

Oh well, as long as one actually shows up I'll be fine.

We have a long weekend coming up so shipping is going to be screwy, especially since this thing launches on a Saturday for us.

Kingven

Which are the best controller extensions? I'm looking at the results on amazon, but there are many options.

Also, has anyone used this 8Bitdo Retro Receiver for their NES Classic? If so, did it work well. The SNES Classic will be a permanent addition to my entertainment system, so I would like to have the best (affordable) accessories with it.

For me it works amazing.. im using it with the WiiU Pro controller... no regrets.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Did any Americans here order one from the UK Amazon site? Have you heard anything yet? I'm really trying to avoid having to do the midnight launch rush to get one. I have a strong feeling that it'll be a battle to the death between me and an old lady trying to get one for little timmy.
My order was charged a few hours ago. Order page says preparing for dispatch so no tracking number yet.

The Llama

Walmart order is still pending, blah. And no movement on my Amazon order. Not too disappointed since I know I'll get one, but I was really hoping to be playing this weekend.

For us non-preorder people:

What is you line up strategy? I am planning on hitting up Walmart around 9 and waiting there to gauge demand. If it looks too crowded I was going to hit a shopping center in cntral NJ that has both a Target and a bestbuy around 5:00 AM.

I am getting one of these damn things!

My Walmart order still showing October 5th...

IHOPEALLYOURORDERSGETREDIRECTEDBACKTOTHERETAILERANDCHRISTMASISCANCELLED

*huff puff*

I know that feeling.

DzY1kOC.png

thisisfine.jpg

tootie923

For me it works amazing.. im using it with the WiiU Pro controller... no regrets.

I might get this and use it with my extra Dual Shock 4. My pets will not tolerate seeing a wire across the living room floor. Are there any input lag problems?

SheHateMe

*checks account*
*sees charge for $90.63 from Amazon UK Retail*
*breathes sigh of initial relief*
*starts to play the second stage of The Waiting Game titled "Shipping Woes"*
*tenses up again*

Amazon US is beginning to get 1 star reviews on the SNES product page XD
By the looks of it, someone might have actually try to sell one for more than the MSRP.

Smidget

Whew. Saw a pending charge from Amazon EU and forgot I ordered one from Amazon Germany and cancelled it before it shipped. Secured one from Target afterwards and got a shipping notice from today.

OmegaFax

Whew. Saw a pending charge from Amazon EU and forgot I ordered one from Amazon Germany and cancelled it before it shipped. Secured one from Target afterwards and got a shipping notice from today.

Same here. I had one pre-ordered from Amazon UK and my Target one shipped a few hours ago.

My Walmart order changed to shipped today, with tracking and everything. But I guarantee somehow this will be fucked.

I'm not taking any chances. I'm camping out at Nintendo NY tomorrow night/Friday morning. Too bad I work and won't be able to get into the 90's party.

meanspartan

My Amazon UK order, which I thought for sure would be cancelled given I'm in San Diego (I just figured I'd try, wth right?), just got charged on my card!!!!! It's happening!!!!

If it does indeed get here as now expected, I'll do the right thing and sell my Best Buy preorder at MSRP to a fellow gamer in need, or gift it to a friend for free.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
So what are my chances of buying one of these in store this weekend?
On Friday, probably pretty decent. Deeper into the weekend, probably not so much.

Walmart says preparing order will arrive Monday still
Walmart says 'preparing order, will arrive Sept. 29' for me. If they ain't shipped it yet, I'm not holding out hope they're splurging for 1-day shipping.

Kawngi

Bleh, Target shipment got delayed and will be here Monday. Not sure why that happened. I see the note about Hurricane Maria but I'm not in an affected area. Walmart still says preparing with a Monday arrival date.

kyo2004

Its not usual for Amazon to be this laggy and late in the game.

Has anyone tried to contact Amazon reps for updates?

I contacted this afternoon... And basically, they say that they had no info about deliveries updates or when are they going to ship/release the console... :/

Maybe I'm a bit impatient, but I think it's time to spread the concerns about this preorder with the gaming media (Kotaku, Destructoid, etc.)... At least put a little (very very little) pressure on Amazon US.

vladbkp

Neo Member
Finally got a shipping notice from Best Buy. The hard part now will be waiting for my kids to open it Christmas morning so I can play it.

I contacted this afternoon... And basically, they say that they had no info about deliveries updates or when are they going to ship/release the console... :/

Maybe I'm a bit impatient, but I think it's time to spread the concerns about this preorder with the gaming media (Kotaku, Destructoid, etc.)... At least put a little (very very little) pressure on Amazon US.

I think you are overreacting a bit.

Kevin

Amazon seems to drop the ball a lot with preorders. I've only ever had problems with preorders from them and nobody else. Quite a few things have either shipped late or have been outright canceled at the last minute.

Glad My Best Buy SNES Classic at least shipped. Was trying to get a second one for my friend. It may eventually ship...

Top Bottom