• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Nelo Ice

Banned
Best Buy order says it'll be available on Friday. I did in store pick up. After seeing so many people getting their consoles early... I've made a huge a mistake. Otherwise no update it's not even processing yet.

I got one on the way that i ordered on Monday, tracking suggests that it will be here today.

I dont think these will be hard to get and scalpers will have a hard time to make money on these.

ThatGuyfromMars

Neo Member
My Amazon UK order is also preparing for shipment, so what was that about them not shipping the SNES classic to the US on the product page for? To see if we'll take the bait?

...I won't complain though, I'll spend the extra 10 dollars (or less since I didn't include tax) to not have to fight with people for one.

Any UK Gaffer's got a dispatch email from Game yet? I got charged 2 days ago but no dispatch yet.

Weirdly I don't have the order linked to my account. It was there when I pre ordered but it disappeared with me thinking mine got cancelled.

RobRSG

And its 103 euro's 😍😍

Best website ever.
Slap 20 euros on top wooo.
That will make people come back

I guess tomorrow I will look for it in local Saturn, Mediamarkt and Gamestop.

I really think Amazon will mess up this time.

Raitaro

I guess tomorrow I will look for it in local Saturn, Mediamarkt and Gamestop.

I really think Amazon will mess up this time.

Mediamarkt, Gamestop and Saturn also charge 99 euro's for them so there's not much to gain there unfortunately. Seems like it has become the official EU price in many stores. My Amazon preorder also says 99 by the way, not 103 euro's.

Shiggy

Amazon UK has charged my credit card now, and with shipping it comes out at a little less than €80. Glad that I don't need to pay those German prices then.

DeathPeak

Brickseek is starting to show numbers for Walmart again. Some Targets are starting to show numbers as well I guess. Smallest number at Walmart I see is 27. Only number I'm seeing for Target is 137 (So-Cal, LA-ish area)

Brickseek is starting to show numbers for Walmart again. Some Targets are starting to show numbers as well I guess. Smallest number at Walmart I see is 27. Only number I'm seeing for Target is 137 (So-Cal, LA-ish area)

Just checked around me up here in NorCal, and while the vast majority have 0 stock, at least 1 store has them in stock already. Seems most of the stores are still either awaiting to received their shipments or haven't checked them in as of yet.

RobRSG

Mediamarkt, Gamestop and Saturn also charge 99 euro's for them so there's not much to gain there unfortunately. Seems like it has become the official EU price in many stores. My Amazon preorder also says 99 by the way, not 103 euro's.

I know, my problem is with the delivery date. Seems like 99€ is the standard price here. Aside from Otto, no one else is scalping.

_Rob_

Got the dispatch email from Nintendo (UK) last night; the Track & Trace link shows that it'll be with me tomorrow.... and it just so happens I work from home on a Friday!

Bedlam

Well, my order has officially just become a shitshow.

Until yesterday I was really positive about my order at Spielegrotte.de in Germany. Received an email that all orders until a certain date and time would be honored - and my order was within that time window (checked my order at their site yesterday, too).

Today I see that the shop changed the time/date of my order behind the cutoff-point. I even still have the order confirmation mail that has the original timestamp.

What the fuck?

Fuck you, Spielegrotte!

JP

My Nintendo UK order was dispatched yesterday and my Tesco Direct order was dispatched early this morning. Not long now, really can't wait to have a mess around with them.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
My delivery date changed from tomorrow to Saturday on Amazon UK. Grrrr

KayMote

Nice! Amazon Germany just notified me that my order was just sent and will arrive tomorrow! F5ing for this preorder was worth it.

Bedlam

Well, my order has officially just become a shitshow.

Until yesterday I was really positive about my order at Spielegrotte.de in Germany. Received an email that all orders until a certain date and time would be honored - and my order was within that time window (checked my order at their site yesterday, too).

Today I see that the shop changed the time/date of my order behind the cutoff-point. I even still have the order confirmation mail that has the original timestamp.

What the fuck?

Fuck you, Spielegrotte!

Received another mail from Spielegrotte after my support request:

Spielegrotte said:
Hallo, wir müssen jetzt nochmals eine Rundmail schreiben, da unsere gestrige leider zu Verwirrung und Missverständnissen geführt hat.

Wir haben jetzt alle Bestellungen von den Kunden verschickt, die eine zum Release erhalten werden. Jeder der jetzt KEINE Versandmail bekommen hat und die Bestellung noch im Kundenkonto stehen hat, bekommt leider KEINE, so Leid es uns tut. Ob und wann eine Nachlieferung erfolgt ist leider nicht bekannt.

Leider hatten wir Euch falsche Zeiten durchgegeben, da wir mittlerweile festgestellt haben, dass wir durch einen Serverneustart zwischen den Bestellungen damals und heute ein Zeitzonenproblem in der Software hatten, wodurch in unserem Verwaltungsbereich die Zeit + 2 Stunden stand und im Kundenbereich die richtige Zeit. Davon haben wir aber natürlich nichts gewusst und es erst gemerkt, als Kunden schrieben, dass Sie ja dann eine bekommen und wir dadurch auf den Fehler aufmerksam wurden. Es tut uns sehr sehr Leid, dass dadurch jetzt viele von Euch geglaubt haben doch eine Mini SNES zu bekommen, obwohl das nicht der Fall war bzw. ist. Wie gesagt, es ist leider ein Problem mit den Zeitzonen des Servers gewesen, die die Bestellzeiten für uns 2 Stunden später angezeigt hat (wir leben ja hier GMT +2), als bei Euch im Kundenbereich. Als Lösung um nicht noch mehr Kunden zu verwirren, hatten wir die Bestellzeit, die Ihr Kunden seht, an unsere die wir sehen, nachträglich angepasst, also genau 2
Stunden dazugerechnet, damit alle die die EMail später lesen, auch die richtige Information daraus ziehen können. Wir wollten niemanden täuschen/betrügen oder sonst was, es war einfach ein ärgerlicher und blöder Fehler, der zu diesen falschen Informationen führte. Wir können uns dafür nur in aller Form entschuldigen, ebenso wie für Nintendos immer schlimmer und verrückter werdende Auslieferungs- und Verteilungspolitik für Ihre Artikel.

Viele Grüße,
Euer SpieleGrotte Team
"Time zone confusion", yeah sure. lol

panda-zebra

Seems I preordered a few of these in different places just to make sure and forgot to cancel some. Only needed 2 but have 4 on way /o\ I thought maybe xmas gifts for nephews, but doubt they'd really go for them, they both have ps4s and an xb1.

My wife's was dispatched by amazon.de

My amazon.de and amazon.co.uk pre-order are sitting on "preparing for dispatch".

Seems like we get all three pre-orders. Good for friends/family members ;)

Tukuyomi

Neo Member
Received another mail from Spielegrotte after my support request:

"Time zone confusion", yeah sure. lol

Having the exact same problem. What a stupid excuse. The previous time stamp of the order matched the actual time it was ordered, so how have they "corrected" anything by adding two hours? I didn't order it at 3 p.m., I ordered it at 1 p.m.

Never going to do any business with them again, that's for sure. Hoping my mediamarkt order comes through, even though it's more expensive oO

Walmart sent emails out weeks ago saying the arrival date was moved up to the 29th. The website still says oct 3.
Guess I'm heading to my local spot at 11pm to join the line.

Game.co.uk order hasn't moved yet. People shit on US GameStop all day but that's the only b&m spot I got a preorder.

Top Bottom