• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Walmart Ordered Shipped! Fed Ex even says that it'll get here on Oct 2nd instead of Walmart's estimated Oct 5th.

Crazy thing is that the funds haven't been pulled from kg account yet.

Goroh

Amazon IT had the preorder up all week... noticed two days ago, and they shipped today. Do they really have that much stock?

Bedlam

Having the exact same problem. What a stupid excuse. The previous time stamp of the order matched the actual time it was ordered, so how have they "corrected" anything by adding two hours? I didn't order it at 3 p.m., I ordered it at 1 p.m.

Never going to do any business with them again, that's for sure. Hoping my mediamarkt order comes through, even though it's more expensive oO
Same here with the order time. That was a laughable excuse from them.

They probably realized they can make some extra bucks by selling those things themselves at Amazon right now or something.

I will stay away from Spielegrotte in the future.

Certinty

Oh man, just had mine shipped from Amazon UK. Forgot I even ordered it. Will decide if I should keep it or not but it turned out to only be £68 in the end so it's tempting.

Anyone recieve a confirmation that walmart is selling them at midnight? I couldnt get anyone who actually knew in my store but ideally rather than waiting 8-10 hours for a store to open tonight id rather grab one there.

Skyr

Well, my order has officially just become a shitshow.

Until yesterday I was really positive about my order at Spielegrotte.de in Germany. Received an email that all orders until a certain date and time would be honored - and my order was within that time window (checked my order at their site yesterday, too).

Today I see that the shop changed the time/date of my order behind the cutoff-point. I even still have the order confirmation mail that has the original timestamp.

What the fuck?

Fuck you, Spielegrotte!

YEP same here. Was 13:47 and now they "corrected it to 15:47

Luckily for me I placed a second order at amazon.de which will be here tomorow.

I learned from my NES classic pre-order at spielegrotte which was never shipped either.
My order is still pending there until this day LOL.

chunk3rvd

Anyone order with Smyth’s for in store collection? I did on the day pre orders went live. Heard nothing from them since that day. Just logged into my account and the order still shows as “processing”

Professor Pew

Neo Member
Another Amazon.de order here. It said it was scheduled to arrive Friday all week, didn't dispatch yesterday or last night, but it's now on the way as of this morning. And still on track for Friday delivery.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Really hope there is some movement on my Walmart order today.

Jethro

YEP same here. Was 13:47 and now they "corrected it to 15:47

Luckily for me I placed a second order at amazon.de which will be here tomorow.

Mine was from 12:49 to 14:49. After they sent out their message yesterday I cancelled my Amazon.de order....

Hopefully a friend of mine get a second one so I can grab this..

ToonLink

Didn't even realise that my order from Nintendo UK shipped yesterday since the email went to Junk Mail for some reason. Hopefully it'll be here tomorrow.

Sillverrr

Amazon UK has posted my order. The SNES was undoubtedly THE console of my youth. I had a Spectrum 48k and a Sega Master System beforehand (yes, I'm old), but they were both weaker versions of available systems; nothing to blow my mind like seeing Mario World running for the first time in a store.

/salute fellow SNES-bros.

So I contacted Walmart.com this morning due to my order still not shipping. They are claiming stock issues and trying to find and send out all preordered orders... He couldn't guarantee when mine would be sent...which bothered me, but he did give me 10% off. So I saved $8.54. Details are below:

Adjustment details - Walmart.com
Item Adjustment Reason
Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Classic Edition -$8.54 Shipping & Delivery -> Shipping Price Discrepancy
Total Adjustment: -$8.54

Anyone that preordered on walmart...you might want to at least try this route and we can at least say we paid below MSRP for it!

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Walmart Brickseek looking kinda low: around 30 per store.

Hopefully that 89 number from Target comes back and I can walk out with one when they open.

Bendo

My Gamestop preorder is ready for pickup tomorrow, but predictably they're charging me the full 160€ rather than the 107€ I preordered it for. The price gouging going on in Scandinavia is absolutely ridiculous, every single store is literally charging 100% more than the rest of Europe.

I managed to snag an order from amazon.fr though, 120€ with taxes to have it shipped express to Norway early next week. Still more than I really wanted to pay, but at least I don't feel like being I'm being taken advantage of.

winstonia

Neo Member
Ouch, managed to order one for €90 today in Ireland. Not 100% if i'll be getting it though as they are saying it will be delivered tomorrow.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Nothing from Walmart or Amazon US. Amazon UK charged my card, but no shipment yet.
I contacted walmart and got

I have checked the order now , the order is in Backorder status this is because the item is a high demand item. Now the estimated delivery date is on Oct. 5, 17.

Amazon UK has posted my order. The SNES was undoubtedly THE console of my youth. I had a Spectrum 48k and a Sega Master System beforehand (yes, I'm old), but they were both weaker versions of available systems; nothing to blow my mind like seeing Mario World running for the first time in a store.

/salute fellow SNES-bros.

SNES was part of my childhood too but i didnt have a console on my own. Instead i went to a neighbour who had it almost daily to play SNES.

Good times. Many of those games are on this like Super Mario World, Link to the Past, Secret of Mana and so on.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I contacted walmart and got

I have checked the order now , the order is in Backorder status this is because the item is a high demand item. Now the estimated delivery date is on Oct. 5, 17.

I’m still convinced some Walmart distribution centers were never shipping this before Friday.

Top Bottom