• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

muteki

Should I expect this Oct 13 delivery estimate from Amazon uk to be accurate for a package shipped to the us? Not in a rush but I can get stuff from Amazon Japan in a couple days so just curious.

Shiggy

Media Markt sucks. I received the notification that I can pick it up. But then they couldn't find it in store - they had three units but none on my name. Then they said they cannot hand it out anyway because it only releases tomorrow. So why send out the notification?

maxcriden

My Amazon UK order has dispatched. Yay. I want it launch day though....

Some WM info from reddit, sounds like ~25-30 units/store. Also may be limited to 1 or 2 per person.

https://www.reddit.com/r/miniSNES/comments/72wq4s/more_retail_info_from_the_inside/

Assuming 24-hour Walmart stores will start selling at midnight tonight?

Don't tempt me to do this :(

I would call your store and see if they are planning to do any ticketing system prior to midnight. And if so, when to show up. Otherwise, there is this sage advice posted yesterday:

At such a place, would they put up the display at about 12:00am Thursday night?
I've been to Walmart in midnight release instances before where they weren't really doing a midnight release. If they say they're not doing a midnight release but they're open just go anyway. If you just find someone in electronics and say, "Hi, I'm looking for the SNES Classic, they're supposed to release tonight would you mind checking to see if you have any?" they'll dig around in the back and find them for you. Just make sure that they actually check the inventory numbers before they say no. I've also had them say, "Well if it's not out on the floor it hasn't been released yet" just politely explain that they are out as of today and would they please just look for you. Do not go before 12am Friday. If they attempt to sell them before then the register will buck it and you won't be able to purchase it. As long as you're polite I've never had a Walmart associate send me on my way so to speak.

mebizzle

I've been to Walmart in midnight release instances before where they weren't really doing a midnight release. If they say they're not doing a midnight release but they're open just go anyway. If you just find someone in electronics and say, "Hi, I'm looking for the SNES Classic, they're supposed to release tonight would you mind checking to see if you have any?" they'll dig around in the back and find them for you. Just make sure that they actually check the inventory numbers before they say no. I've also had them say, "Well if it's not out on the floor it hasn't been released yet" just politely explain that they are out as of today and would they please just look for you. Do not go before 12am Friday. If they attempt to sell them before then the register will buck it and you won't be able to purchase it. As long as you're polite I've never had a Walmart associate send me on my way so to speak.

This is exactly what I did for 2DS XL, just be polite if they're not doing a midnight and hope to god it's been counted in their inventory(it should be).

With something this high profile though I would imagine that their night crew has been told to pay attention to it though.

oti

Banned
Media Markt sucks. I received the notification that I can pick it up. But then they couldn't find it in store - they had three units but none on my name. Then they said they cannot hand it out anyway because it only releases tomorrow. So why send out the notification?

Oh. I got the same notification. Might as well not risk wasting my time and just pick it up tomorrow. I can wait.

Aeana

Amazon UK and Amazon DE orders shipped... I meant to cancel the DE one, urgh. Strangely, the one from Amazon DE is scheduled for delivery next Friday, but the Amazon UK one isn't coming until October 13th.

Nivane

Bleh, Target shipment got delayed and will be here Monday. Not sure why that happened. I see the note about Hurricane Maria but I'm not in an affected area. Walmart still says preparing with a Monday arrival date.

Target order shipped. Had arriving 9/29. Then 10/7. Then 10/10.

From Arizona to Minnesota - it takes two weeks. Oh ok. Fucking garbage.

If that's the case, I'll just go out tomorrow and get one and return those.

Akoi

My walmart order shipped this morning (around 12:30ish AM PDT). Says I should have it by Wednesday.(Fedex) I got it from that product page that was pulled (The anti-bot one)

Chucker

Best Buy: Order ready for Pickup September 29th
ORjQsGS.gif

Target order shipped. Had arriving 9/29. Then 10/7. Then 10/10.

From Arizona to Minnesota - it takes two weeks. Oh ok. Fucking garbage.

If that's the case, I'll just go out tomorrow and get one and return those.

I don't understand this either. I also have one from Target, its slated to be delivered next friday for me. Item is in San Jon, NM right now.

RobRSG

Amazon UK and Amazon DE orders shipped... I meant to cancel the DE one, urgh. Strangely, the one from Amazon DE is scheduled for delivery next Friday, but the Amazon UK one isn't coming until October 13th.

Did you Amazon DE pre-order changed dates or it was set to receive on Friday since the beginning? My pre-order is scheduled to 25th October, and I wonder if it will eventually be delivered earlier.

Saganator

My walmart order shipped this morning (around 12:30ish AM PDT). Says I should have it by Wednesday. I got it from that product page that was pulled (The anti-bot one)

Still no movement on my Walmart order. When did you place your order with Walmart?

Aeana

Did you Amazon DE pre-order changed dates or it was set to receive on Friday since the beginning? My pre-order is scheduled to 25th October, and I wonder if it will eventually be delivered earlier.

I didn't keep track of what they said before they shipped.

RRockman

Banned

Is this a common placeholder date?

I've seen this around alot on GAF and I can't imagine we all live in the same region. This could mean something can get it earlier and some can get it at that date right?

PolishQ

For what it's worth, the last time I ordered something from Amazon UK, it arrived ~5 days before their estimate.

Akoi

Still no movement on my Walmart order. When did you place your order with Walmart?

When Wario64 posted that temporary product page (not the one that sold out in seconds) I think I placed my order within the first 5-10 minutes after he posted it.

Am I one of the only ones? I have tracking and everything and FedEx has a tracking page for me that confirms the delivery date of the 4th. (Wal-Mart always said I would get it on the 9th for some reason and they never updated that)

Sillution

Checking out brickseek, all the Walmart by me show only 18-20 consoles. Also neither both my Amazon or Walmart preorders have yet to ship still.

With every passing hour my urge to listen to Neogaf and cancel my ThinkGeek order grows stronger.

Only my SNES nostalgia and urge to play it asap is holding me up now.

Also my dumb want for a Mario calendar, a mug, and a mushroom plush.

Saganator

When Wario64 posted that temporary product page (not the one that sold out in seconds) I think I placed my order within the first 5-10 minutes after he posted it.

Am I one of the only ones? I have tracking any everything and FedEx has a tracking page for me that confirms the delivery date of the 4tb. (Wal-Mart always said I would get it ok the 9th for some reason and they never updated that)

Seems like you're one of the lucky few on this board with a WM order getting shipped. Wonder if it had something to do with the web page you ordered it from. I managed to get an order on the one that sold out in 2 minutes.

_jnup

Best Buy order is ready to be picked up tomorrow and my Amazon France order has been shipped.

Might try to hit up a Target tomorrow morning. Hoping to show up an hour before they open is fine.

inter

Can't decide if I want to try to go to Walmart at midnight tonight or if I should roll the dice and try to stop by Walmart and/or Target first thing on my way to work tomorrow. Decisions decisions.

ParityBit

Can't decide if I want to try to go to Walmart at midnight tonight or if I should roll the dice and try to stop by Walmart and/or Target first thing on my way to work tomorrow. Decisions decisions.

I feel the same exact way. I leave for work at 5am (I can do 4:30 AM actually) and drive right past a 24 hour Walmart. I can drop in .... but is it worth my time/attempt? I am not sure.

SOLDIER

I feel the same exact way. I leave for work at 5am (I can do 4:30 AM actually) and drive right past a 24 hour Walmart. I can drop in .... but is it worth my time/attempt? I am not sure.

Is it even confirmed they’ll start selling them at midnight?

Has any store confirmed a midnight launch?

Dishwalla

Banned
Still waiting on Amazon US.

Brickseek says the Walmart around the corner has 45 in stock, haven't decided if I want to show up at midnight and try my luck, or just wait for Amazon to do something. Gonna think about it as the day goes on.

winstonia

Neo Member
0 pre orders for me. Some appeared on a local site this morning that has being sold out of pre orders for months and was then shipped 90mins later.

I'd say there will be loads of these about

Freddo

Got my first SNES Classic Mini ~6 hours ago, the second (which will be a christmas gift to my sister) will arrive tomorrow.

inter

Is it even confirmed they’ll start selling them at midnight?

Has any store confirmed a midnight launch?

The manager at the 24 hour Walmart closest to me told me yesterday that they would be selling them at midnight. No clue about stores that aren't open 24 hours though.

Erevador

Still this same damn message from Amazon:
Not yet shipped
Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.

Am I doomed at this point?

Top Bottom