• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

toneroni

Man, I hope I can get one tomorrow or hope they show up online.
If anyone is thinking of canceling a preorder from say walmart - i'll gladly buy it from ya
(so I don't have to compete with the NYers who seem to love camping out days before anything...)

robrueda

I place an order at wallmart on the second time the pre-orders went live (the first one being the one that everybody´s incluiding my first pre-order got cancelled).

The order EDA has always beign Oct 7th and my order haven´t shipped yet. I´ve been pre-autorization-charged multiple times on my credit card for this order, and its status haven´t change.

I think I´ll try to get one tomorrow and if succided, will cancel de order from walmart.

ParityBit

A drop in on the way to work is what I'd do. This way you can still get your normal sleep

I think I will probably do that. I guess worse case is I burn 15 min of commute time and strike out on the SNES

Is it even confirmed they’ll start selling them at midnight?

Has any store confirmed a midnight launch?

I have not heard. I tried actually calling but no one answered electronics and then the main line was busy last time. So ..... no idea.

If not, when do they start selling? I would hope if I walked in at 5AM they wouldn't say they could not start selling until 8 or something for some reason.

Akoi

Seems like you're one of the lucky few on this board with a WM order getting shipped. Wonder if it had something to do with the web page you ordered it from. I managed to get an order on the one that sold out in 2 minutes.

I ordered mine on August 25th (didn't the first wave sell out on the 22nd?) Doesn't make sense that the 2nd wave would ship before the first one. Mine was listed as a Super NES Classic Edition (Universal) and like I said, the product page still doesn't exist for it.

inter

I think I will probably do that. I guess worse case is I burn 15 min of commute time and strike out on the SNES

I have not heard. I tried actually calling but no one answered electronics and then the main line was busy last time. So ..... no idea.

If not, when do they start selling? I would hope if I walked in at 5AM they wouldn't say they could not start selling until 8 or something for some reason.

Thinking more and more that going first thing in the morning is the better decision too.

My Amazon.fr order has shipped and is scheduled for delivery on Monday! Now, hopefully I can get a US version either tonight at midnight at Walmart or tomorrow morning at Best Buy!

ParityBit

Thinking more and more that going first thing in the morning is the better decision too.

No way my wife would allow me to camp out for a novelty item like this, nor would I want to. Unfortunately I failed at pre-orders so this is my option. Since my Walmart is not on Brickseek for some reason .... maybe I will have a chance? loll Who am I kidding ....

PSFan

My Amazon UK order has dispatched. Yay. I want it launch day though....

Some WM info from reddit, sounds like ~25-30 units/store. Also may be limited to 1 or 2 per person.

https://www.reddit.com/r/miniSNES/comments/72wq4s/more_retail_info_from_the_inside/

I would call your store and see if they are planning to do any ticketing system prior to midnight. And if so, when to show up. Otherwise, there is this sage advice posted yesterday:

Yeah, earlier today Brickseek was showing ~25 for each of the 3 Walmarts near me. So that sounds accurate.

Earlier this week though, Brickseek showed one of the 2 Targets near me was going to have 67 in stock.

Still gonna stop at 2 of the Walmarts on my way to work to see if there are any left. They are all 24 hour WMs.

The Ummah

Banned
My local 24 hour Walmart is getting 24 of these...debating that, or just going to Target in the morning. Not sure about how many they will have, Brickseek isn't showing for them.

inter

No way my wife would allow me to camp out for a novelty item like this, nor would I want to. Unfortunately I failed at pre-orders so this is my option. Since my Walmart is not on Brickseek for some reason .... maybe I will have a chance? loll Who am I kidding ....

Haha, oddly enough, my wife is encouraging me to go tonight. Willing to hope that they're really going to increase the supply this time around though, so I'd rather get my sleep tonight since I'll be up early tomorrow any ways.

And yeah, I'm honestly surprised at the number of people who were able to get pre-orders since they all seemed to happen at really odd hours.

BiggNife

Amazon UK order shipped, says delivery will take 2 weeks.

It would be nice to get a US model but at this point I'm just not sure it's worth the shit I'd have to go through to get it.

Darktalon

My Amazon UK order has shipped and says Oct 13th delivery.

Still don't have a shipped order from Walmart. Says October 3rd delivery.

At this point I think I'm just going to go to Target on Friday and pick one up, and cancel or return the Walmart order.

I'll sell or gift the American one when the European design gets here.

Naythan

As of this morning I have been charged for my Amazon UK order and it is labeled as shipping today. I won't get it until October 4th-11th but at least it seems I'm actually getting one!

LiK

Amazon DE seems to arrive faster with orders. I think I will make them the Amazon EU shop of choice for me from now on for EU imports as long as it still has English.

crpav

Target order has shipped but says delivery of Tuesday. Local walmart, in a small town, shows getting 45. Might head up either before or after work to see if I can get one for brother...or as a collector to keep stored.

IronRinn

Canceled my Amazon UK order since I wound up getting a Wal-Mart order in for the US one. Love the look of the UK edition but not worth it take up space sitting in a box on a shelf.

cordy

Banned
If Amazon doesn't ship mine today then I'm going to try and get one tomorrow from Target, GameStop, Best Buy or Toys R Us. I should at least be able to grab 1 somewhere in my area if all else fails.

Amazon's just really fucking up with this.

kingbean

Got my shipping info from Think geek. No arrival date posted yet. It's ups sure post so it'll probably be here next Friday.

FaintDeftone

Looks like Walmart most likely won't ship until tomorrow. Bummer, I was hoping to play it this weekend. Estimated delivery still at Oct. 2nd.

Target order finally shipped, but it's coming from AZ to CA with standard FedEx shipping so it probably won't get here till late next week I'm guessing.

Still no updates out of Walmart, that one has a est. date of 10/5 still.

Was really looking forward to playing some SNES this weekend, but I guess it's not in the cards.

SOLDIER

I really want to try and get one of these tomorrow, as I’d rather not wait until next week for my Wal-Mart pre-order to arrive (which in itself I’m still skeptical about).

How good do you think my odds are if I walk into a Target or Best Buy in the afternoon? I work until 2:00pm, have an appointment at 3:00pm, so I was hoping to use that time to stop at a Target along the way. Or is it absolutely prudent to stop first thing in the morning when the stores open? If that’s the case I could try to have someone pick one up for me, but I wanted your opinion on whether that was necessary or not.

And what are the sites people are using to check stock allocation again? If a store has something like 80+, then I can wait until the afternoon?

jmizzal

Looks like Walmart most likely won't ship until tomorrow. Bummer, I was hoping to play it this weekend. Estimated delivery still at Oct. 2nd.

My walmart date is Oct 5th, I didnt think it would hold and they will ship early, but mine is still preparing.

Oh well, I do have Gamestop in store preorder, since I didnt trust Walmart after they canceled my other order

I really want to try and get one of these tomorrow, as I’d rather not wait until next week for my Wal-Mart pre-order to arrive (which in itself I’m still skeptical about).

How good do you think my odds are if I walk into a Target or Best Buy in the afternoon? I work until 2:00pm, have an appointment at 3:00pm, so I was hoping to use that time to stop at a Target along the way. Or is it absolutely prudent to stop first thing in the morning when the stores open? If that’s the case I could try to have someone pick one up for me, but I wanted your opinion on whether that was necessary or not.

And what are the sites people are using to check stock allocation again? If a store has something like 80+, then I can wait until the afternoon?
I feel like you're definitely gonna want to go in the morning. And the site most people seem to be using is brickseek.

Morts

I ordered mine on August 25th (didn't the first wave sell out on the 22nd?) Doesn't make sense that the 2nd wave would ship before the first one. Mine was listed as a Super NES Classic Edition (Universal) and like I said, the product page still doesn't exist for it.

This is what I did. Order page still says 'Preparing' and that it'll arrive by tomorrow, but I'm noot even sure I believe it's a real order.

Best buy: sent me an email to change my expired CC, then nothing further happened.

Walmart: Literally nothing has happened at all. Estimate still:Oct 5th

My friends walmart order already shipped.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
My Wal-Mart order was in that initial 5-second window and it still hasn't shipped.

Use Brickseek.com to search US walmarts and target inventory.

Search target with the upc# 045496590758

Only one target shows it has 65 units. The rest arent reporting it yet.

Search walmart with the sku# 741659089

3 closest walmarts have 47, 45, 59 units each. Others have around 20ish each.

East SF Bay Area for reference.

I’m going to walk in early friday morning once they open at my target to snag one. Looks like there will be plenty of inventory and scalpers will get burned! Woot!

Joey Ravn

Banned
My Amazon UK order is still in "Preparing for Dispatch". It's supposed to get shipped today. The day is still young... I'm not losing faith just yet :p

Well, I had a unit pre-ordered at Walmart, but they recently fucked me over. The card I pre-ordered the unit with was lost, so I canceled it. Walmart hit me up and asked me to change the card - only I can't. Their stupid ass system won't let you change payment methods. So after talking to 4 different people and being told 3 different things, last night they told me to cancel my order and re-order it.

I literally lost my shit. How do you expect me to put an order in for an item that is sold out everywhere? I've had my order in since August and now this?

This comes off of having a pre-order with Walmart before they canceled everyone's order. Done, I will never pre-order anything with that moronic place.

Is there in-store units that have been allocated for pre-order? Brickseek is now showing on-hand inventory and my walmart is only showing 37. I am trying to plan out if sitting in line will be worth it, or if that potentially includes units not for sale.

I can't take off tomorrow to camp out Best Buy, but based on those numbers, they will be gone within the first hour or two of being open I would imagine.

Woorloog

Banned
Sigh. Store sent me mail that they didn't get enough of this (and imply that is not limited to them) and can't fulfill my pre-order at this time.
Still, i am in queue... Guess i'll keep the order up, it was cheaper than the final price after all.

bumclot

When Wario64 posted that temporary product page (not the one that sold out in seconds) I think I placed my order within the first 5-10 minutes after he posted it.

Am I one of the only ones? I have tracking and everything and FedEx has a tracking page for me that confirms the delivery date of the 4th. (Wal-Mart always said I would get it on the 9th for some reason and they never updated that)

I also placed my order in the second batch and Walmart's website still says "Preparing Order". No email, no temp charges, nuthin' :-(

I'm going to try the 24-hour Walmart tonight. They have 30+ so fingers crossed.

Top Bottom