• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

kaioshade

Use Brickseek.com to search US walmarts and target inventory.

Search target with the upc# 045496590758

Only one target shows it has 65 units. The rest arent reporting it yet.

Search walmart with the sku# 741659089

3 closest walmarts have 47, 45, 59 units each. Others have around 20ish each.

East SF Bay Area for reference.

I’m going to walk in early friday morning once they open at my target to snag one. Looks like there will be plenty of inventory and scalpers will get burned! Woot!

Thanks for this site. My local Walmart looks like they will have 32 in stock, so getting one shouldnt be too difficult. Now to see if they will sell one at 12:01

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Amazon uk ordered shipped for delivery Oct 14th via shitty i-parcel_eu

welp Im doomed. Mine will likely get lost. Fucking Iparcel sigh

.J.

Banned
Amazon UK order shipped. Says it'll be to me Tuesday.

Still tempted to hit up a Wal-Mart around midnight to grab that US brick version of the SNES, but I may just wait and see how I like my EU version first.

BruceCLea

Banned
My goddamn fucking bullshit preorder got cancelled by GameStop and they didn't even tell me. Fuck that company. FUCK THEM.

Where's the best place to go early in the morning tomorrow? Target? Walmart? BB? I'm in America btw. What's the word on the street

Memles

My goddamn fucking bullshit preorder got cancelled by GameStop and they didn't even tell me. Fuck that company. FUCK THEM.

Where's the best place to go early in the morning tomorrow? Target? Walmart? BB? I'm in America btw. What's the word on the street

Target opens first. Best Buy a little after. Walmart at midnight if you've got a 24-hour one, potentially earlier than Target if you don't. Stock seems best at Target, anecdotally.

vgamer1

Why? How?

Skronk

Banned

Their UK equivalent GAME are awful as well. Hope find one.

cordy

Banned
Look at this bullshit I'm dealing with when I contacted Amazon US
Me: Hello
Order ##################
this product officially releases tomorrow, I was one of the first to order it and yet it's still in an unknown status, what's my eta and why hasn't Amazon done any updating on this? other retailers such as Walmart, Target, Best Buy and Toys R Us have updates but Amazon is empty
You are now connected to Ganesh from Amazon.com
Ganesh: Hello, my name is Ganesh. I'm here to help you today.
I understand that our website has not updated any details on that item
I'll be more than glad to help you :)
Thank you for the order number
Upon checking the details I can see that the item status is currently unavailable and currently we are waiting for the inventories for that item
As a token of apology I'll upgrade the shipping to "One day shipping" without any additional charge as well
So that you can get the item as fast as possbile
In one day
Shall I?
Me: wait, wait a minute, are you telling me that you all haven't received your stock in yet?
is that what you're saying?
also yesterday the rep said they could change to 1-day shipping but my order would come in later than today. is that going to happen?
when's the quickest I can receive this?
Ganesh: You'll receive the item in one day exactly when the item comes in stock
That's assured.
100%
Me: if that's 100% positive then yes I'll take the 1-day shipping free of charge
I just don't understand why Amazon is having this issue and no others are
Ganesh: I completely understand your situation
and I'd have the very exact same concern if I were you
Done!
I've upgraded the shipping for you

what kind of shit is this
I'm fucking pissed wtf

My Walmart order finally shipped...FedEx SmartPost with a delivery date of 10/6. My card still has not been charged and I did not get an email. Just happened to check the website and saw that my order moved from "preparing" to "shipped."

Saganator

Welp. My Walmart order is on backorder. I placed my order on the 22nd, the one that went down in a couple minutes. Gonna try to get one at a Walmart that opens at 6AM.

bkjAeDl.png

Apparently I missed my chance to cancel my ThinkGeek order, but they still haven't shipped it yet. Supposedly it will be today or tomorrow.

Whelp, I got myself into this mess. All I can do now is wait and see.

Look at this bullshit I'm dealing with when I contacted Amazon US

what kind of shit is this
I'm fucking pissed wtf
It is BS, but Ganesh hasn't been told shit and isn't the one to blame.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if the Amazon order we all got in on ends up being a phantom page and no one's order ever ships.

It's happened to me before, with very minor things, like an inexpeensive Blu-ray movie preorder that had its listing page changed inexplicably. (In that case, I forgot to cancel and wanted to, so it worked out for me because I was still able to.)

Akoi

Welp. My Walmart order is on backorder. I placed my order on the 22nd, the one that went down in a couple minutes. Gonna try to get one at a Walmart that opens at 6AM.

bkjAeDl.png

Their system is messed up. the fact my order that I placed on the 25th went through. and you placed yours on the 22nd and it was backordered makes zero sense.

LiK

I don't trust Amazon US anymore. Had TWO different items canceled from lack of inventory in the past month. They don't even bother offering me a month of Prime for it and I'm not wasting time contacting them about it. Amazon EU is so much better.

Saganator

Their system is messed up. the fact my order that I placed on the 25th went through. and you placed yours on the 22nd and it was backordered makes zero sense.

Yup, bullshit. Tomorrow I'm going to contact support again and try to get a gift card or something.

TeeEffGee

Neo Member
My walmart order has stated "arrives by 9/29" for about a month now. It is still in the processing phase so I reached out through their support chat and was told...

LMC6koy.jpg

dXDuSQR.jpg

Sad trombone! Midnight hunt it is.

cordy

Banned
It is BS, but Ganesh hasn't been told shit and isn't the one to blame.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if the Amazon order we all got in on ends up being a phantom page and no one's order ever ships.

It's happened to me before, with very minor things, like an inexpeensive Blu-ray movie preorder that had its listing page changed inexplicably. (In that case, I forgot to cancel and wanted to, so it worked out for me because I was still able to.)

Yeah he's not the one causing the issue, he's helpful. It's the others.

It's just bullshit.

Mashing

LOL.... my Amazon UK order isn't arriving until Oct 13. They were saying it was going to be Oct 5. Atleast it wasn't cancelled.

I can pick up my in store order at BB tomorrow.

Spacebar

bkjAeDl.png

I've got an order from both the 22nd and 25th and neither have shipped. The aug 22nd order says it will arrive by oct 6th and the aug 25th order says it will arrive by oct 3rd. If they don't meet these dates and sold them in store I'm gonna be salty. What's the point of pre order if you're just gonna ship that stock to stores anyway.

Weevilone

My GameStop order has not moved, still says "Open". Glad I had a backup Best Buy order.

Edit: I just realized they sent an email that I'd be charged on the 22nd, and that unless I replied to their long-ass e-mail to request faster shipping, that I'd receive it Oct. 2. That's pretty lame when I preordered and paid for 2 day shipping.. and bought their stupid bundle. Heck my Best Buy order arrives on launch day for free.

I've got an order from both the 22nd and 25th and neither have shipped. The aug 22nd order says it will arrive by oct 6th and the aug 25th order says it will arrive by oct 3rd. If they don't meet these dates and sold them in store I'm gonna be salty. What's the point of pre order if you're just gonna ship that stock to stores anyway.

/insert seinfeld clip

but yeah i'm in same boat (ordered on the 25th) but then again at this point, it looks like it's going to be just as bad, if not possibly worse than the nes classic launch and at which I don't even want one that bad.

I don't trust Amazon US anymore. Had TWO different items canceled from lack of inventory in the past month. They don't even bother offering me a month of Prime for it and I'm not wasting time contacting them about it. Amazon EU is so much better.

Yeah, I've got two Amazon Pre-orders (one for me and then one for a coworker) and I think I'm going to try my luck with the stores tomorrow. I live 5 minutes away from a Target and a Best Buy so Im hoping to have luck with them. If I can get two between both of them, I'll cancel the Amazon ones.

Thanks for the Brick seek link. I live in the middle of CT a number of 24-hour Walmarts have 30+ in stock I might take a ride or head over to Target before work starts.

Bii

My Walmart order finally shipped...FedEx SmartPost with a delivery date of 10/6. My card still has not been charged and I did not get an email. Just happened to check the website and saw that my order moved from "preparing" to "shipped."

Your post prompted me to check my Walmart order. Mine was shipped by FedEx SmartPost as well, and there have been no charges to my card yet. Though the delivery date for mine is 10/10.

Piccoro

My local store just called and said I could pick it up tomorrow after 10AM!

I've already invited my nephew and we'll play all Saturday long! I'm so happy right now. :D

atomsk

Party Pooper

In this same boat, and my order from the 25th just shipped.

22nd order still in limbo. (both say arrival Oct 6th)

ZugZug123

Anyone else in the US that ordered from Game UK? They sent an email 3 days ago saying it's being prepared to ship but no more emails since then...

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
In this same boat, and my order from the 25th just shipped.

22nd order still in limbo. (both say arrival Oct 6th)

I just have one order from the 25, still preparing with expected delivery of oct 3

Top Bottom