• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

kingbean

My local Walmart has 42. I wonder if I should go up there tonight and talk to someone in electronics about it.

I'd return my think geek order.

zeioIIDX

I just have one order from the 25, still preparing with expected delivery of oct 3

Ditto. Wondering if mine is on backorder now...

Using BrickSeek, Walmarts in my area (Biloxi, MS) show not a damn thing. Targets in my area show "unknown quantity". Thanks Mississippi. So I don't know. If I get paid early enough tomorrow, I might go try to run by the store to see if I can snag one if they've got any and then cancel my Walmart preorder.

Edit: Well never mind, I just checked Walmart on BrickSeek again and suddenly it shows quantities. Huh. Ranging from 14 units to 32 units.

I'm not terribly concerned about it, but I might try a couple of stores tomorrow morning just to see if I can get one in time for the weekend. My walmart.com order still shows "Preparing order - Arrives by Fri, Oct 6." I can wait a week if need be. But if there isn't going to be a mad rush for limited inventory I'd just assume buy one from a store tomorrow.

faint.

Just checked my Wal-Mart order status after realizing it comes out tomorrow (and not seeing anything about shipping) to find that my order was cancelled. Fucking wonderful.

tesqui

All the Walmarts around me are getting around 13. The Super Walmart closest to me is getting a whopping 16.

It seems Target is getting a lot more though. The 2 stores that currently show stock are both getting 50+

Fodder76

My 24hr Walmart is getting 52. I called and they said they won't be issuing tickets or anything, just show up at midnight. Can't decide if that will be an easy purchase or a nightmare waiting to happen. Either way I'll give it a shot and hope for the best. I will not get involved in any kind of competition so the first sign of that I'm out.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Just checked my Wal-Mart order status after realizing it comes out tomorrow (and not seeing anything about shipping) to find that my order was cancelled. Fucking wonderful.
did you order on Jul 21, 2017
everyone of those orders got cancelled.

Cepheus

My 24hr Walmart is getting 52. I called and they said they won't be issuing tickets or anything, just show up at midnight. Can't decide if that will be an easy purchase or a nightmare waiting to happen. Either way I'll give it a shot and hope for the best. I will not get involved in any kind of competition so the first sign of that I'm out.

If there is competition, film it for our enjoyment

Isaccard

Amazon US has rarely ever let me down, I think some of you are over-reacting a bit.

My Amazon Fr order will arrive on Monday, and I'll probably try to see if I can pick up one as a walk-in

Walmart hasn't charged or shipped.
Game UK charged, hasn't shipped.
Looks like the only people getting Classics around me are the people I am gifting them to after standing in line. More time for a Golf Story I suppose.

Mine is only getting 20. I might swing by there tonight and see how big the line is.

BamFuller

Neo Member
My local Walmarts are getting around 30 each, while my local Target is getting over 40. Guess I'll try some Walmart tech before midnight and if I get screwed I'll camp out in front of Target.

Dysun

Well, I had a unit pre-ordered at Walmart, but they recently fucked me over. The card I pre-ordered the unit with was lost, so I canceled it. Walmart hit me up and asked me to change the card - only I can't. Their stupid ass system won't let you change payment methods. So after talking to 4 different people and being told 3 different things, last night they told me to cancel my order and re-order it.

I literally lost my shit. How do you expect me to put an order in for an item that is sold out everywhere? I've had my order in since August and now this?

This comes off of having a pre-order with Walmart before they canceled everyone's order. Done, I will never pre-order anything with that moronic place.

I know the feeling. Walmart online fucking sucks. Never again

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
kind of regretting pre-ordering in store at gamestop, have to make a 5 hour trek just to get my damn system lol. Wish I had the foresight to just camp out by walmart like I did with the nes classic last year.

Amazon US has rarely ever let me down, I think some of you are over-reacting a bit.

My Amazon Fr order will arrive on Monday, and I'll probably try to see if I can pick up one as a walk-in

There is no way in hell they are fulfilling everyone's orders and delivering tomorrow. That e-mail they sent a while back pretty much says that not everyone was going to get theirs on release day.

kind of regretting pre-ordering in store at gamestop, have to make a 5 hour trek just to get my damn system lol. Wish I had the foresight to just camp out by walmart like I did with the nes classic last year.

Why not see if you can get one at Walmart first before driving 5 hours to get one that will be there if you end up not getting one closer?

brickseek shows 40 at my walmart. i callled electronics and they said theres noone lined up. wonder if i should give it a shot to go loiter there after work until midnight.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
It's 8/22. Now I'm even more pissed.

giphy.gif

Just go camp outside walmart. I don't think you will have to camp out for 5 hours at a store to have good chances of getting one.

Snookie

My amazon uk and walmart orders have shipped. Im still not sure which one i want to open and use. I'm in the US but i like the famicom design better

tbm24

Amazon UK order shipped. Mine's for Oct 14th, can't say I'm surprised or upset. At least I'll have it. Though I will be hitting up Best Buy in Union Square(Manhattan) tomorrow morning before work. They're supposed to receive over 200 and it's open 24 hours.

Zalman

Amazon UK still hasn't shipped mine. Not even preparing yet or anything.

I'm not in a rush, so as long as they don't cancel it I'm okay with it.

Tevious

Look at this bullshit I'm dealing with when I contacted Amazon US

what kind of shit is this
I'm fucking pissed wtf

Ganesh is probably posting that same chatlog in a forum he frequents with "look at this bullshit I'm dealing with."

^ This. Chill out, guys. Customer service reps, most likely outsourced from a foreign company, aren't going to have detailed knowledge of what's going on in amazon warehouses. If there was a major problem, they would likely be informed so they know what to do when people start calling in masses freaking out. I've literally had amazon ship preorders the evening before release and they still managed to get it shipped overnight and at my door the next day. Start worrying when it's Friday morning and your package isn't shipped out yet.

maxcriden

Is it even confirmed they’ll start selling them at midnight?

Has any store confirmed a midnight launch?

I would call your store and see if they are planning to do any ticketing system prior to midnight. And if so, when to show up. Otherwise, there is this sage advice posted yesterday:

At such a place, would they put up the display at about 12:00am Thursday night?
I've been to Walmart in midnight release instances before where they weren't really doing a midnight release. If they say they're not doing a midnight release but they're open just go anyway. If you just find someone in electronics and say, "Hi, I'm looking for the SNES Classic, they're supposed to release tonight would you mind checking to see if you have any?" they'll dig around in the back and find them for you. Just make sure that they actually check the inventory numbers before they say no. I've also had them say, "Well if it's not out on the floor it hasn't been released yet" just politely explain that they are out as of today and would they please just look for you. Do not go before 12am Friday. If they attempt to sell them before then the register will buck it and you won't be able to purchase it. As long as you're polite I've never had a Walmart associate send me on my way so to speak.

Top Bottom