• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Tevious

I just got this email statement from Best Buy:

"Limited quantities of the SNES Classic Edition* will be available in all stores on Friday, 9/29. They will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis and tickets will be handed out starting at 7 a.m. local time if customers line up prior to stores opening."

"Limited quantities of the SNES Classic Edition* will be available in all stores on Friday, 9/29. They will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis and tickets will be handed out starting at 7 a.m. local time if customers line up prior to stores opening."

Yep. I called two stores and both confirmed. One has over 100 units for walk ups, one said "we have a bunch"

Does this mean that once I get a ticket, I can leave and come back when they open at 10 am?

Got the message a few hours ago that Amazon UK sent it out. Granted it won't get here until mid October, but now I don't have to deal with Midnight Rushes. Looks like little Timmy will be able to see Snes Mini and his Grandmother this Christmas.

.J.

Banned
Does anyone know if Wal-Mart will allow purchase of multiple units or if there's any kind of limit? I'd like to grab a total of 4 to surprise my close friends with, if possible.

maxcriden

Anyone know if the Walmart units on Brickseek include any online Walmart.com preordered units? if so, that may decrease the saleable units available....

AkumaNiko

I called the gamestop where i preordered mine in store and they were nice enough to extend my hold another 24 since im headed to Fl tomorrow on a spur of the moment trip

.J.

Banned
Anyone know if the Walmart units on Brickseek include any online Walmart.com preordered units? if so, that may decrease the saleable units available....

Ooh, good point. Didn't think of that.

But Wal-Mart didn't do in-store preorders, did they? Should be good for walk-in stock.

maxcriden

I did

All targets are Unknown
All walmarts have 0

These are the links you're using?

http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-29-7001
http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=741659089

And you input your zip?

Does anyone know if Wal-Mart will allow purchase of multiple units or if there's any kind of limit? I'd like to grab a total of 4 to surprise my close friends with, if possible.

I've heard 1-2 maximum.

Ooh, good point. Didn't think of that.

But Wal-Mart didn't do in-store preorders, did they? Should be good for walk-in stock.

No, they didn't - but Walmart.com did preorders and I wasn't sure if people could select in store pickup for those, and as such if the listed units could include those.

Lusal

Neo Member

You filthy bottom-feeding scalper.

Kidding, bro. That's a nice gesture.

Most likely. That how it work with the NES when I camp out at best buy.

Awesome, thanks! I think my plan of attack will be Walmart tonight and see if I'm lucky enough to get one there, then Best Buy tomorrow bright and early to get a ticket, and if Walmart was a no go, go wait in line at Target after I get my ticket and hope that getting there 1 hour before they open will still get me a decent place in line.

Awesome, thanks! I think my plan of attack will be Walmart tonight and see if I'm lucky enough to get one there, then Best Buy tomorrow bright and early to get a ticket, and if Walmart was a no go, go wait in line at Target after I get my ticket and hope that getting there 1 hour before they open will still get me a decent place in line.

Keep in mind, when i lined up at Best Buy for the NES Classic, they said tickets will be given out at 7am, but people started linking up around 4am. I got there at 530am and got the 2nd to last ticket when they were finally handed out at 7am,

That being said, it sounds like initial batch will be much larger this time around, so getting there later may have better results.

jrcbandit

Luckily I did online orders for myself and Christmas presents. Seems like New York City and California are getting all the SNES classics. Walmart and Target near me are getting only like 30-40 or so at best (some below 20), and I'm in a major city in Texas.

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
Amazon.de shipped my order

Purchase of the year for sure :D

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
If anyone is interested, I escalated to Amazon's fourth tier of customer service and "Diksha" doesn't have a goddamned clue and has no way to ask anyone anything.

My assumption is that Amazon US and Nintendo have a beef over prices or something and aren't cooperating. Obviously Amazon UK is fine. But my rage is really pointed at those two companies for not explaining what the problem is.

Keep in mind, when i lined up at Best Buy for the NES Classic, they said tickets will be given out at 7am, but people started linking up around 4am. I got there at 530am and got the 2nd to last ticket when they were finally handed out at 7am,

That being said, it sounds like initial batch will be much larger this time around, so getting there later may have better results.

Yeah I shouldn't have a problem getting there that early. I'll bring my switch to keep me busy :)

Erevador

Deeply annoyed with Amazon. If they're not going to deliver on time they could at least have the decency to let us now so that we can seek other stock in the meantime.

Lusal

Neo Member
I just got off the phone with Bezos.

We discussed several topics ranging from Whole Foods to Prime Day. He confided to me the delay in shipment of the Mini SNES was caused by Global Warming and pro athletes that continue to kneel during the national anthem.

I think he's lying to me.

SOLDIER

If you nab a ticket during the 7am giveout from Best Buy, does that mean you can pick it up anytime later that day, like in the afternoon?

Also, is Best Buy the only store doing a ticketing system? I think I may have better odds if Target and Wal-Mart just do a first come, first serve.

Boke1879

See? Even though mine is coming today. I'm tempted to try my luck and see if I can get one.

Stinkles

I'm on the amazon US chat with "Ruanda" now and I feel certain he/she is gonna get to the bottom of it! probably talking to Bezos right now.

thiscoldblack

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just going to show up at Walmart during the morning and grab one. I feel bad for those who pre-ordered and getting it delivered a week later.

IMACOMPUTA

If you nab a ticket during the 7am giveout from Best Buy, does that mean you can pick it up anytime later that day, like in the afternoon?

Also, is Best Buy the only store doing a ticketing system? I think I may have better odds if Target and Wal-Mart just do a first come, first serve.

I was told that you have to stay in line after getting your ticket.

BiggNife

I wouldn't get mad at Amazon tech support agents for any of this, they aren't told shit and they're just trying to help with what super-limited information they have.

I would much rather they say "I don't know" instead of "Your order is definitely coming on time" only to find out a day later that it got delayed, which has happened to me with Amazon before

I was told that you have to stay in line after getting your ticket.

i guess it depends on the store, I went to a launch at best buy before where they handed out tickets. Everyone who had a ticket was sitting in their car and came out when the store opened

pissed off a few people who thought they were at the front of the line

My order from Best Buy is at the post office hopefully it will be delivered today..if anyone lives in the LA area the Target on Rodeo Road and La Cienaga is going to have 196 of these according to brick seek

TeeEffGee

Neo Member
Just called my 24-hour Walmart (Baltimore suburb) and they also confirmed, after a long, annoyed silence, that they will have them available at midnight with no special process. No line, no tickets.

They have 25 according to Brickseek and there are several other open-at-6 Walmarts in the area with 30 to 50 so I am hoping something works out. Fingers crossed.

Stinkles

PROGRESS! Ruanda contacted corporate. This is what I got (Amazon US)

Ruanda:
Thank you for your patience Stinkles, I do appreciate it. At this stage we are in the process of fulfilling the orders as we did have a few concerns with the supplier of the product and estimated delivery dates have been given. The one on your order is Wednesday, October 11, 2017. I apologize that you had to contact us a third time about this matter.

My order still says they don't have a date or a clue. But that's something, I guess.

Vooduu

So what are my chances at Toys R Us? There’s one by my job that is mostly abandoned. Colors worn out and the whole nine yards..

Got the Rainbow Euro, but I want that US Purple Stuff.

I feel bad for those who pre-ordered and getting it delivered a week later.
943808.jpg

Instro

Called Walmart electronics for the 24 hour store by me, and they will be available at 12AM. Dude on the phone was being a dick though. I'm sorry you hate your job, don't take it out on me.

Top Bottom