• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Why not see if you can get one at Walmart first before driving 5 hours to get one that will be there if you end up not getting one closer?

Just go camp outside walmart. I don't think you will have to camp out for 5 hours at a store to have good chances of getting one.

unfortunately not only did I pay in full for the thing at my gamestop but I also paid for the round trip ticket down, so I don't have a choice D:

the things I do for nintendo

jrcbandit

If I go to best buy after 10 am tomorrow what are my chances of getting one?

Not very likely unless you happen to live in a major metropolitan area that got like 100+ in store. You'd be better off trying a Walmart midnight launch, but I don't think every Walmart is necessarily selling it at midnight.

cordy

Banned
Tbh, none of us who have posted about Amazon US have stated we're getting mad at the reps themselves. We know they're just CSRs doing their jobs. With that said, the CSR's are there to inform the higher ups and those in the other departments towards the issues that us customers have. I've worked at a call center before, it's not the CSRs fault but just telling them to report it to their boss or even showing disappointing towards the company is good in regards to some work being done. I know for a fact that whenever I customer was upset with the company I used to work for I was happy to report that to higher ups as most of the time it helped the customer out more in the end.

My Walmart 8/22 order still says "preparing order". I am getting worried that it won't actually ship. Didn't walmart cancel every order that had more than 1? Shouldn't that have cleared them to ship the legit orders? This is incredibly frustrating.

I'm on the amazon US chat with "Ruanda" now and I feel certain he/she is gonna get to the bottom of it! probably talking to Bezos right now.
Write jeff@amazon.com

I heard he reads all his emails.

Ok I made the second part up. But I think that's his email.

I'm not suggesting people actually email him about the SNES Classic (it's not a big deal if it get delayed, despite the hysteria that is thread this), but I did get many customer service issues resolved immediately with big companies in the past by directly emailing the CEO when going through normal channels failed.

Tabasco

Does BrickSeek have an inventory checker for Best Buy?

I might be up for camping at the store in the morning and just selling my Amazon US order at cost whenever I end up getting it.

I have a feeling the Walmart orders are being shipped regionally. My brother and I ordered at the same time on the 25th. I live in GA and mine hasn’t shipped, but he lives in NY and it just shipped. No charge on either of our credit cards yet.

ZugZug123

Damn it for missing BB pre-order, they seem to be the one vendor coming through without many issues from reading the thread.

Edit: just received email from Game on shipment, doing a happy dance at work :D

Aeana

Living near an Amazon distribution center (who isn't at this point?), my preorders are often not even sent until the day of release. I wouldn't be worried about them not being shipped yet from there unless you're in the middle of nowhere.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bummer, still nothing from Amazon. At least my order hasn't been cancelled, but I'm tempted to check around tomorrow just to see if I can walk in & nab one.

I just an update to know it's gonna happen. I'm fine with waiting, I just wanna know when it's shipping.

Nairume

Banned
I never got an email about it, but Best Buy finally updated my preorder to show that it'll be ready to pick up in the morning. It's happening :D

Confirmed that the 24 hour Walmart is selling them at 12. You guys have any thoughts on when I should line up? 10? 9? Earlier?

The earlier the better. I'd show up around 10, and the good thing about 24hr Walmart is you can wait inside by the games. I'm going after work at 145am so I hope they really are getting in an ass load.

Syriel

BB delivered yesterday. UPS Surepost and everything.

It feels unreal to hold this.

b6c.gif

;)

Open it up, plug it in, and let us know what you think OP.

Still on Preparing Order for my Walmart preorder. Spoke with "Live Assistance"

Isidra G: Thanks for chatting with Walmart.com! I’m Isidra G and I’ll be assisting you today.
Lionheart: Hi
Isidra G: Hi, Lionheart!
Isidra G: I've received your concern, and I'll be more than happy to assist you with.
Isidra G: In order to access to your account, may I have your full billing address, please?
Lionheart: sure, its [redacted]
Isidra G: Thank you very much, Lionheart. Could you please allow me a moment while I check this for you?
Lionheart: sure
Isidra G: I appreciate your time, Lionheart. I’m so sorry for the fact your order has not shipped yet. I understand your concern regarding the status of your order. I've personally reviewed our records and we could confirm that your order has been placed in a backorder status.
Isidra G: It means that the closest shipping center to your shipping address was unable to complete your order. I would kindly ask you to allow from 3 to 10 days more for our system to locate an available shipping center to complete this order. Once the order gets shipped, you'll receive a shipping confirmation email containing the tracking information of your order, for you to check its trajectory.
Isidra G: But no worries! We are doing our best to deliver the Super NES Classic Edition (Universal) on October the 4th. as was told you.
Isidra G: If in case the order cannot be fulfilled, it would be canceled after 10 days. If you are unable to wait 10 days for this order to be processed, you may request to cancel it from the order details in “My Account”.

Isidra G: Are there any other questions I can help you with today?
Lionheart: Oh ok, I was just wondering since it was a preorder how it can be backordered already?
Isidra G: Oh ! It is due to the high volume of purchases that our customers placed for this item. It is a great item! So that is why some items are in backorder status. May I assist you with something else?

Lionheart: I think thats it. I just want to make sure I actually get one since I know its a limited system
Isidra G: I totally understand you, Lionheart. I'm sure you will get your order.
Isidra G: It has been a pleasure for me to assist you today. I hope I have taken care of you in the best way possible. Let me inform that you are going to receive a brief survey to your email with two questions. One question to evaluate my service during this chat and the other one to evaluate your general Walmart.com experience. I will appreciate your feedback. Have a nice day!
Lionheart: Thanks Isidra, you too
Isidra G: Thanks! Goodbye.

I guess well see in 10 days or so :/

maxcriden

Confirmed that the 24 hour Walmart is selling them at 12. You guys have any thoughts on when I should line up? 10? 9? Earlier?

Really depends on your area and popularity of waiting in line for it. it's hard to say. I was shocked to read people are lining up in SoCal already for tomorrow's 7 AM Best Buy ticketing. I plan to go to my WM that opens at 6 AM tomorrow and be there at like...5:45.

The earlier the better. I'd show up around 10, and the good thing about 24hr Walmart is you can wait inside by the games. I'm going after work at 145am so I hope they really are getting in an ass load.

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=741659089

Brickseek inventory checker may be of some use to you. :)

Here's the Target one for any who want it:

http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-29-7001

Hallowed

Right so GAME still says Unshipped on the website in my account. But I just a minute ago got a txt on my phone from them saying:

Your order will be delivered 29 Sep by DPD. Not going to be in? <hyperlink here>

So hopefully it will be here tomorrow, then!

zeemumu

Had to edit my post. They did not mention a midnight launch.

Ah, okay. There might be people waiting at the Gamestop at midnight anyway.

The shopping area has a best buy, target, walmart, and Gamestop within walking distance of each other so I might luck out and have the line be spread out. But I have trade in credit so I'm going for the gamestop

Top Bottom