• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Now I'm really worried. :( I was going to go to Wal-Mart around 11:30 tonight. My store is expected to have 56. Should I go even sooner then?

I'll be going to the Sterling Heights, MI store.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
40 SNES Minis at my Walmart, which is rather good. Part of me wants to just swing by at 11 p.m. just to see if there's a line being formed & if it's not too bad, just wait out the hour.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The walmart order pages shows the actual picture of the SNES again (hasn't since right after order was placed), but the order still hasn't shipped.

My Walmart order is still "preparing" so now I'm trying to decide if I want to drive over to my local Walmart tonight, they supposedly will have 31. Oy vey.

I'm home for what was supposed to be a goodbye and now is a funeral.

It will have to wait :(

Oh that's awful. :( Hope you get to play your SNES soon!

Sorry - bad joke! I was really commenting on your goodbye being a funeral now. That's awful when that happens. Must have been a grandparent? Hope most people got to say their goodbyes before he or she passed away.

I did not want to read about people in SoCal already lining up for this release. I live in Texas and was just planning on hitting a nearby Walmart sometime after midnight and if they were sold out, then hit the Target when it opens.

Will probably be like when I tried getting the NES classic last year - no luck at brick and mortar stores and then being ready to refresh my browser on various retailer websites at odd hours of the day when they expect to release limited inventory to the public.

I told myself I wouldn't ever put myself through that again and even for an SNES classic! But.... SNES classic.

Damn Nintendo has me by the nostalgias.

maxcriden

Is there in-store units that have been allocated for pre-order? Brickseek is now showing on-hand inventory and my walmart is only showing 37. I am trying to plan out if sitting in line will be worth it, or if that potentially includes units not for sale.

I can't take off tomorrow to camp out Best Buy, but based on those numbers, they will be gone within the first hour or two of being open I would imagine.

Anyone know if the Walmart units on Brickseek include any online Walmart.com preordered units? if so, that may decrease the saleable units available....

Ooh, good point. Didn't think of that.

But Wal-Mart didn't do in-store preorders, did they? Should be good for walk-in stock.

No, they didn't - but Walmart.com did preorders and I wasn't sure if people could select in store pickup for those, and as such if the listed units could include those.

There shouldn't be in-store units allocated for preorders. Those are fulfilled by Walmart's website.

FWIW, based on the Reddit posts earlier, 37 units is way more than most WMs got at launch. Targets seem to be getting more than WMs simply because there are fewer Target stores than WM stores out there.

jmizzal

My Walmart order has shipped, no charge to my paypal yet, which is good since I will have more money on it prob later today.

It still says Oct 5th, but i'll wait for tracking info to see if that holds up or it comes by the weekend

There shouldn't be in-store units allocated for preorders. Those are fulfilled by Walmart's website.

FWIW, based on the Reddit posts earlier, 37 units is way more than most WMs got at launch. Targets seem to be getting more than WMs simply because there are fewer Target stores than WM stores out there.

You are doing God's work today my friend. Thank you for helping us all out this week!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Write jeff@amazon.com

I heard he reads all his emails.

Ok I made the second part up. But I think that's his email.

I'm not suggesting people actually email him about the SNES Classic (it's not a big deal if it get delayed, despite the hysteria that is thread this), but I did get many customer service issues resolved immediately with big companies in the past by directly emailing the CEO when going through normal channels failed.

In case anyone missed it, this was what I finally got from Amazon US:

PROGRESS! Ruanda contacted corporate. This is what I got (Amazon US)

Ruanda:
Thank you for your patience Stinkles, I do appreciate it. At this stage we are in the process of fulfilling the orders as we did have a few concerns with the supplier of the product and estimated delivery dates have been given. The one on your order is Wednesday, October 11, 2017. I apologize that you had to contact us a third time about this matter.

My order still says they don't have a date or a clue. But that's something, I guess.

My Walmart order has shipped, no charge to my paypal yet, which is good since I will have more money on it prob later today.

It still says Oct 5th, but i'll wait for tracking info to see if that holds up or it comes by the weekend

Can I ask what date you pre-ordered?

In case anyone missed it, this was what I finally got from Amazon US:

PROGRESS! Ruanda contacted corporate. This is what I got (Amazon US)

My order still says they don't have a date or a clue. But that's something, I guess.
Yep that confirms what other posters said earlier some days ago about the arrival date being October 11th.

But this shouldn't be happening in the first place. I expected it to arrive on release day or a day or two later.

RAIDEN1

I ordered mine from the website Very yet STILL they can't confirm when I will get my dam order, hopefully tomorrow I will know more..

Yep that confirms what other posters said earlier some days ago about the arrival date being October 11th.

But this shouldn't be happening in the first place. I expected it to arrive on release day or a day or two later.

Shoot. I’m happy if I get my order, at this point. I don’t want to go wrestle with the crowds.

jmizzal

:/

August 22nd order here... not shipped and on "back order" This is horseshit. I wasted like half a day of work trying to get that damn order in and turns out it doesn't mean jack shit.

Thats pretty messed up, I only preordered from Wal-Mart since it was the only place I could beat the bots online.

FaintDeftone

I ordered from Walmart on the 25th and I still have no movement. Looks like Best Buy and Target are the only retailers coming through. What a bummer.

charpunk

Walmart order shows shipped now. No charge or email, and tracking number isn’t active yet. Still won’t believe it until it’s in my hands.

I have a SNES Classic coming from Target, but they chose the slowest shipping imaginable, so it's not getting here until midweek.

I might head out to my local Best Buy at 7, and try to score a ticket. They're getting 150 units, and I doubt that many people are gonna line up for one that early.

makes sense when you realize how brief their preorder window was, lol.

Honestly, their pre-order window lasted for a lot longer than most thought it would, so much so that most believed that orders would be canceled. Kind of funny how it turned out though (still sucks for those who are stuck in limbo on other sites).

TeeEffGee

Neo Member
And what was your pre order date

I preordered on the 25th and have been backordered. I don't think the whole "orders from the 25th are all going out before orders from the 22nd" thing is as cut and dry as people are making it out to be. The CSR I spoke with said it all depends on how many shipments the nearest shipping hub received. Sucks all around.

bumclot

Going to Walmart at 10pm like I did for the switch.

I don't get how getting to a 24-hour Walmart early will help. I think someone already reported that their won't be a ticket system and the best bet is to go ask an employee to grab one out of the back. If that's the case, I imagine it will just be a mad rush.

If it's worth getting there early, though, I'll definitely do it. Just looking for a clearer understanding of how Walmart handles this type of thing.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I preordered on the 25th and have been backordered. I don't think the whole "orders from the 25th are all going out before orders from the 22nd" thing is as cut and dry as people are making it out to be. The CSR I spoke with said it all depends on how many shipments the nearest shipping hub received. Sucks all around.

Forget csr

I have not seen 1 8/22 order being shipped

Top Bottom