• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
This Gamestop reply though

k7awHU7.png

https://twitter.com/GameStop/status/890316884968603648

That feeling when you can't tell if they are joking.

NMFried

So... AFAIK my Wal-Mart order has not been cancelled. I never received the cancellation email, and I just received an email now saying my pre-order has a new confirmed arrival date.

Anyone else?

k91191

Got a cancellation email at 3:44. Now, at 5:35, I just got a Walmart email saying my order has been moved up to release date.

Wtf Walmart

A10Pilot

Feel sorry for US-GAF, I don't know why you couldn't preorder from Nintendo's own website like you could in the UK. Shitty situation :(

It's quite clearly Nintendo of America just as clueless as ever.

Brings back bad memories of Club Nintendo and the garbage we would get here compared to Europe and Japan lol

So, uh, I got the email about orders being cancelled earlier...
But just now I got another one that my order had been updated to the September 29 release date and the order in my account isn't cancelled yet.

Blizzard

Banned
Got a cancellation email at 3:44. Now, at 5:35, I just got a Walmart email saying my order has been moved up to release date.

Wtf Walmart
Yup same thing, adding insult to injury.

My order is still listed as Processing but I assume they just haven't deleted it yet.

I got the cancellation a little while ago in my Promo folder. I just got another one though in my main inbox:

We wanted to let your know that your preorder item release date has changed. The updated release date is 09/29/2017.

Please review your order details below.

We're sorry if this date change is an inconvenience. The product manufacturer controls the release date for this product and we'll ship it to you as quickly as we can once it's released.
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center. Please do not reply to this email.

Edit: I see others are getting this as well.

celebi23

I haven't gotten any emails yet, and I have been following this thread pretty closely. Maybe this is a PR move?
Maybe? I got the cancellation email earlier but, on the order page, it's still showing as "Processing". Will keep an eye out for another email from Walmart.

Maybe? I got the cancellation email earlier but, on the order page, it's still showing as "Processing". Will keep an eye out for another email from Walmart.

Considering how many feathers this cancellation ruffled up in this thread and on Twitter, I'm pretty certain Wal Mart knows they made a lot of people un-happy.

This confusing BS is normal for Walmart. When my Tekken 7 order got cancelled, it went through several e-mails and "cancellations." Walmart's site is terrible, Walmart is incompetent, and Nintendo is just plain ridiculous at this point.

charpunk

NoA knows that it's going to sell through 100% of these units, so why bother with preorders? It's not like NoA makes any cash from retailers who collect money early and let it build interest for days/weeks before it goes to Nintendo to pay for the hardware.

NoA has retailers by the balls, much like it did nearly 30 years ago. NoA calls the shots, decides which retailers get more allocation, and will dictate the flow of sales for SNES Minis.

Get ready to camp out for a week or pay 2-3 times MSRP for one, unless you're extremely fast and/or lucky. You'll be fighting against scalpers and resellers who make buying and flipping this stuff their full-time job, and are well-equipped with tech and manpower to outhustle 95% of people who genuinely want to buy one.

Good luck in your battle. You're gonna need it.

If I can’t preorder, I’m not buying one. Not dealing with that bullshit.

mjc

The orders are probably in the process of being cancelled, any updates through email are probably just death rattles.

My order was cancelled earlier today and then changed its shipping date. Just checked my account and the order is still processing. What does this mean??!!!

k91191

Wtf Walmart

Just checked my order on Walmart.com and the shipping date has changed from October 5 to September 29th. Order still processing and not cancelled.

ElfArmy177

I just got an email that changed the release date to Sept 29th for shipping... So apparently instead of cancelling it they moved up my shipping a week? Lol

RedZaraki

Banned
TLDR:

Nintendo: Here's awesome things everyone wants.
Everyone: We wants.
Nintendo: Good luck ever actually getting it. *disappears*

Justinh

Well.. Wal-Mart messed up, not Nintendo.
I think I would put the blame on Nintendo since they seem to have a... history for dumpster fire launches.

It's like Nintendo has a one-of-a-kind howitzer that launches dumpsters that are set on fire and they're all aimed at their fans' cars that just got washed.
That feeling when you can't tell if they are joking.

I bet whoever said that isn't joking, but they still laughed maniacally as they posted that tweet.

Wow of course I wont be getting one of these I don't know why in the fuck I thought I actually would. Placed two orders both still currently "processing" but I got the cancellation email. Please dont cancel...Ugh.

I think I would put the blame on Nintendo since they seem to have a... history for dumpster fire launches.

It's like Nintendo has a one-of-a-kind howitzer that launches dumpsters that are set on fire and they're all aimed at their fans' cars that just got washed.

This made me laugh good. The visuals. Someone should animate that.

btrboyev

My coworker got that email, too. No cancellation email, just a status update with a Sept 29th release date.

The order is done. It will be canceled. Don't get your hopes up. The official stance from Walmart was given. It was a glitch and will not be honored. End of story.

Top Bottom