• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Kindekuma

Banned
No email yet. Hold me Gaf.

Same here.
MsxsV29.gif

Friggz

i didnt get a cancellation email from walmart but got:

Status update!
Your preorder date has changed.
Hello frank,
We wanted to let your know that your preorder item release date has changed. The updated release date is 09/29/2017.
Please review your order details below.

am i good or should i expect a cancellation email soon?

Shizza

I just got an email update for my SNES mini pre-order from Walmart saying that my new release date is set for Sep 29 - it was previously Oct 6.

Edit: nevermind? I have a cancellation email in my promotions box. This is a rollercoaster of emotion :|

Edit 2: The walmart site shows the pre-order is still active, and shows the updated shipping date.

ricelord

So hours ago they send me a cancellation email(By the way my order is still processing) now they send me this email:

We wanted to let your know that your preorder item release date has changed. The updated release date is 09/29/2017.
Please review your order details below.
We're sorry if this date change is an inconvenience. The product manufacturer controls the release date for this product and we'll ship it to you as quickly as we can once it's released.
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center. Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is unmonitored.
-Your Walmart Customer Care Team

LOL so whats the point if they are canceling it anyway
Lol same thing happen to me. The dream is somewhat alive.

Isaccard

They're sending e-mails about the date change because the original date they had (sometime in October) was incorrect. It's an automated update. The order have been cancelled, and again Nintendo is to take a large portion of the blame/your rage.

Those of you posting hope posts are just deluding yourselves. It's been canceled. For everyone.

Indurian

Neo Member
I got an email saying my preorder was cancelled. Then a few hours later I got one that said the release date of my preorder changed... So which is it???

It was cancelled.

Lol same thing happen to me. The dream is somewhat alive.

Actually had something similar happen back in March for Tekken 7..Walmart made a boo boo and charged 60 bucks for the collectors edition which should have been around 130 bucks..they canceled the order but they also sent me a pre order change release date but after a day the order was canceled

Can you guys bother to read a couple posts before posting the same thing over and over again? These. Orders. Are. Cancelled...All. Of. Them.

The emails about the date changes are automatic emails being generated as the cancellation process happens on the backend. Give it a day or two and your order status will be updated on the Walmart website.

THERE IS NO HOPE. (I am in this mess too. Don't hold on anymore. Let go and accept this fate).

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Wonder if there is anyway to convince Nintendo HQ that consumers hate how Nintendo of America is run, and that we buy their products despite this but might eventually come to a point where we just don't want to put up with their shit anymore. The most visible way I could see is if they were voted most hated company (lol) in that poll that goes on every year.

Kadin

Wonder if there is anyway to convince Nintendo HQ that consumers hate how Nintendo of America is run, and that we buy their products despite this but might eventually come to a point where we just don't want to put up with their shit anymore. The most visible way I could see is if they were voted most hated company (lol) in that poll that goes on every year.
I've called them numerous times with debacles like this and gave them what I hope was constructive feedback. Always spoke to a supervisor who were always nice, and just vented my frustration. I like to think this feedback finds its way to the top at some point and I'll continue to do it.

I just got a cancellation email. But I also never placed an order. I tried to but I didn't have enough for the authorization hold.

Why did I get one though???

Cloud7

I got the cancellation email today but then later on I got an email saying that my delivery date has been updated to be September 29th lol. I checked Walmart.com and the order is still processing. It's probably still going to get canceled but it's weird that I got that second email.

hiryu2015

Got the cancellation email too. Just when I thought I was in the clear.

I don't really want to take time off work to wait in line so I guess no SNES classic for me. Just like the NES classic and Switch-- couldn't ever seem to find them so won't ever have them.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I think the other problem was that the 2 per person limit wasn't actually enforced. Scalpers must have jumped on that like crazy.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I'll see you Wal-Mart orphans on the battlefield. No free rides: the SNES mini can only be won with sweat and blood.

Dr Thor

Neo Member
So... hang on, bunches of you are preordering from Amazon UK, despite living in the US?

Thanks for making it even harder to get one of these, I guess :(

I had a preorder from Tesco cancelled twice after missing out on Amazon. Guess I'm never getting this stupid little console that has my favourite childhood game of all time on it (Secret of Mana). Fuck you, Nintendo.

NeOak

So... hang on, bunches of you are preordering from Amazon UK, despite living in the US?

Thanks for making it even harder to get one of these, I guess :(

I had a preorder from Tesco cancelled twice after missing out on Amazon. Guess I'm never getting this stupid little console that has my favourite childhood game of all time on it (Secret of Mana). Fuck you, Nintendo.

Not really, the shipping to US lasted like a minute or two. Then they put the restriction.

Well if I have enough to buy an extra I'll sell it here on GAF for the same price. Might as well help out if I see the opportunity to get one for somebody here.

NeOak

No no, for the SNES Classic.

I believed you when you said that was a generic message.

Top Bottom